Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Oct-10-02, 05:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 181/170/135
BF:
Progress: 24%

Are you excercising? If not you may want to start doing some kind of activity (walking, aerobics, etc). Also give us an example of your daily menu, there may be some hidden carbs that you may not be aware of. You know 5lbs a month is not bad, you should be very proud of yourself....that great!!!! Keep up the good work.

Kandi
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Oct-14-02, 13:18

Stats: 165/125/125
BF:
Progress: 100%

Has everyone seen the Self Magazine Study published last week naming Memphis as the most unhealthy city in the nation. No wonder there's a lag in the forum. I moved here five years ago and promptly gained 30 pounds.
I started Atkins in mid August and I've lost 25lbs. My goal is 125, but I'm looking and feeling so much better, I may reevaluate my goal and stay around 135. I'll see when I'm there.
Ladies, stay encouraged. I've been on a plateau for 3 weeks, but I went back on induction and I'm moving along again. If you weigh yourself everday or every other day, you are libel to get discouraged. Instead, banish the scale for a week and take your measurements or try on your old clothes. And if you think 2lbs isn't much, just go to the grocery store and pick up a 2lb bag of sugar.
Please let me know if there are any restaurants that cater to a lc lifestyle. I was recently back home in L.A. and the In and Out Burgers serve "protein burgers" with lettuce taking the place of the bun. I've heard of Noah's Bagels in NY scooping out the bagel and filling it with cream cheese.
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Oct-14-02, 13:34

BF:

GREAT JOB!!!!

I'M STRUGGLING RIGHT NOW, I'M EXCERCISING AS WELL AS LOW CARBING. DURING THE WEEK I'M FINE, BUT ON THE WEEKENDS I TEND TO FALL OFF THE WAGON, ANY SUGGUSTIONS ON STAYING ON TRACK. THE FIRST TIME I DID ATKINS, I DID IT WITH A CO WORKER & I FOUND IT EASIER TO DO, BUT NOW I'M IN IT ALONE & MY MOTIVATION IS DOWN. DO YOU RUN INTO THIS SAME PROBLEM? KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, YOU WILL REACH YOUR GOAL IN NO TIME

KANDI
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Oct-15-02, 12:47

BF:

Hi Kandi,

What stage of Atkins are you on. If your on OWL maybe you could add a new food during the weekend. This weekend I plan to come up with a LC trail mix as a movie snack. Also, if I know I'm going out to dinner or a dinner party, I save my carbs all day until then. That way if I splurge a little it won't throw my whole day. During the week I have no problems either, I do salads most of the time. Stick with it. Maybe we can swap some recipes.
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Oct-15-02, 16:21

Stats: 162/162/125
BF:
Progress: 0%

Sounds like you guys are doing great...I got a few people at my work to join in the fun with the "Atkins Challenge". After 6 months we see who lost the highest % towards their goal and the winner gets a $50 cash prize towards new clothes. This helps keep me motivated....My goals is 125 as well...I can't wait to get there! It seems to be slow going on this the 2nd time around, but I will keep plugging away...
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Oct-15-02, 19:36

Stats: 165/165/125
BF:
Red face Where is my motivation?

I cannot even believe I have let myself gain this weight. I know that there are alot of people out there with way more to lose than me but that still does help my depression.

I have never been a pound over 140 lbs but now I am pushing 165.

I feel disgusting, I feel tired, I normally wore size 10 or 12, Size 12 when I wanted to feel loose and comfortable but I am buying size 14 jeans now just to feel comfortable. My favorite outfit now is wind pants and t-shirts! Nothing fits right anymore. I hate shopping. I even have these huge breasts that I have never had before!

I need some help with this atkins stuff. If all I have to do is eat less than 20 carbs a day I will lose this extra weight? Cause I am willing to find time for the exercise, my schedule is just hectic.

I work a desk job from 8am to 5pm then sit at a desk at school from 6pm to 10pm. I only have Wed. night, Fri night, Sat. & Sun. to workout and I gotta fit some homework in there along with quality time with my SKINNY significant other!

I need help! I need a buddy! Anyone wanna meet me for like 6am power walks? Cause I can't seem to make myself get up and do it alone lol. I live in Cordova - next to Super K-Mart. I swear I will get up if I have to meet someone and do this! I fail myself but not others lol.
~~~ Where's my weight loss buddy? I need you! ~~~
Thanks!
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Oct-15-02, 22:06

Stats: 162/162/125
BF:

Twister-
Don't be discouraged. I am losing veeeeeeerrrry slowly and as far as exercise...I know for me at least, it was not a requirement with Atkins to work, it just takes longer without it. You will feel better and look firmer if you exercise, but I know you can still lose weight without it. I belong to Six50(formerly World Gym) in the shopping center down the road from you. I used to go in the mornings, but I don't have time with my son's school schedule right now unless I get up at 5:30 (which I have done, but hate to do). Email me and maybe we can meet for lunch one day and I'll introduce you to another friend on Atkins.

Carolyn
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Oct-15-02, 22:49

BF:
Default SIX50

I was working out at French Riviera in Germantown but when it went co-ed I cancelled my membership - because I could be driving right down the street to SIX50! A little more expensive but if it's 24 hours thats way better for me.

Hey so I was wondering if this typical menu was ok?

~Breakfast~
2 scrambled eggs with bacon

~Snack~
hardboiled eggs or vienna sausage

~Lunch~
Chicken Breast - small salad w/ ranch

~snack~
cheddar slices and peperoni

~Dinner~
chicken breast or steak
possibly broccoli with some melted cheese on top

I usually have one cup of coffee with two sweet & low's and a level spoon of powder creamer first am - I am trying to break myself of this. I do admit - I went to Arby's and got the roast beef sandwich - tossed the bun but I ate french fries - how dumb was that! LOL

I was in Saudi Arabia once on a job for 93 days - I walked about 2 miles a day and did a 2 hour slow workout (nothing else to do there) and lost about 30 pounds. Basically 3 sets of 10-15 reps circuit training. Out of 93 days I maybe skipped working out ten times. I was not on any diet other than I was afraid to eat any meat there cause I thought it was camel lol. I had cereal and milk, fruit, eggs, hashbrowns, rice (alot of rice) and candy bars with non-alcoholic beer! Guess the heat and humidity may have helped and I did drink about 2 gallons of water a day there. I guess I just need to hear that this diet is working - I am starting the serious induction again tomorrow - no more cheating! I swear! LOL
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Oct-16-02, 08:19

BF:

TWISTER

I ALSO LEAVE IN CORDOVA IN THE TRINTY LAKES APT BEHIND KMART. I HAVE TO BE AT WORK AT 6AM BUT I WOULD BE GLAD TO MAYBE WALK OR WORKOUT WITH YOU ON YOUR OFF DAYS. I HAVE BEEN DOING THE FIRM WORKOUT FOR ABOUT 3 WKS NOW AS WELL AS LOW CARBING, YOU JUST HAVE TO FIND TIME TO EXCERCISE, IT HARD FOR ME BUT I'M DETERMINE TO LOSE THIS 30 LBS. WE SHOULD ALL MEET FOR LUNCH & SHARE OUR STORIES & BECOME EACH OTHERS PERSONAL MOTIVATORS. I KNOW THE WEEKENDS ARE GREAT FOR ME, MAYBE WE CAN MEET UP ON A SATURDAY OR SOMETHING FOR A LOW CARB LUNCH.

LETS DO THIS, WE ALL DESERVE TO SLIM, TRIM & HEALTHY!!!!

KANDI
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Oct-16-02, 08:25

BF:
Default Like NIKE ~ Just Do It!

I am so willing to meet fellow cordovians to workout / walk. My apartments has a small gym room with an elliptical machine, treadmill, stationary bike and a number of weights.

I am sure someone could come workout with me without any problems!

I am up for meeting for lunch too - I work off of Sycamore View but I am in management so I could steal more than an hour for lunch.

Or on a Saturday for lunch too - name the place and time and I will be there!

Support is the best thing!
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Oct-16-02, 09:22

BF:

Twister,

You could have written my introduction back in August. I could not beleive I weighed 165. I didn't weigh that much through 3 pregnancies. I was in such denial. My husband worked at a dialysis clinic, so oneday I decided to hop on the scale. I was outraged! How could a reputable medical establishment maintain their equipment so poorly! When I reached for my size 6's I was shocked to find that they had somehow shrunk. Maybe it was the humidity or something. The final straw was trying on size 10's in a department store dressing room, they wouldn't even budge over my hips. Was I on candid camera, I kept waiting for the punch line. I finally realized what was really going on when my husband brought a scale home.
I had been buying oversized clothes and wearing sweat pants and feeling matronly.
Well, no more. Thanks to Atkins, I've lost 25 pounds with moderate excersize. I'm not bragging, I just know that feeling of "will this work for me?" Yes, it will! I went back on induction to ease off a plateau and over two weeks I had to return my size 10 pants for size 8's and just yesterday I exchanged those for size 6's! Don't be discouraged and don't weigh yourself everday. Check out the way your clothes fit, take your measurements. I'm 34 and I don't know if I will be or need to be 125 again (I'm 5'6")but I do know that I look great and feel great with curves in the right places. You can do it too. I wish I lived in Cordova so I could hang out with the rest of you. I find that in order to work out I have to do something that I can do at or near home (walking, weights, etc.) I really want to know how the Firm works, will someone let me know? Stay strong!
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Oct-16-02, 09:43

BF:

TWISTER

MY APT COMPLEX HAS A REALLY NICE WORKOUT AREA WE CAN MAYBE MEET UP & WORK OUT.

KMI

I REALLY LIKE THE FIRM TAPES I'M JUST GETTING TO THE POINT
WERE I CAN DO THE TAPES WITHOUT FEELING LIKE I'M GONNA
PASS OUT. YOU CAN DEFINTLY FEEL THE DIFFERENCE, MY
MUSCLES ARE TONING UP. THAT FANNY LIFTER REALLY TONES
YOUR LEGS & BUTT!!! TRY THEM, I'M SURE YOU REALLY LOVE THEM
I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED. YOU ARE DOING A GREAT JOB YOU
MOTIVATE ME TO KEEP GOING. HOW LONG DID IT TAKE FOR YOU
TO LOSE THE WEIGHT?

KANDI
  #28   ^
Old Wed, Oct-16-02, 10:53

BF:

Kandi,

I'm going to treat myself to the Firm tapes.
I started Atkins in early August. I lost 12lbs during my two week induction. We took a trip to California in ealy September and by the 10th I weighed 145. I've lost 5lbs since then, but only after going back on induction. So I've been LC a little over two months.
  #29   ^
Old Wed, Oct-16-02, 19:27

BF:
Default FIRM Tapes

I looked on EBAY for the FIRM tapes. Found them in a box set for $36.00. So I bought them lol. I actually go to a website called <www.epinions.com> and read reviews before I buy anything and the reviews on these firm tapes were excellent.

I have never done any video in my life lol.

I will buy the steps and good ole' walmart or kmart.

I will keep all informed on my progress!

(when the tapes get here and I start using them that is)
  #30   ^
Old Mon, Oct-21-02, 18:30

Stats: 192/192/118
BF:
Smile new from Tennessee

Hi everyone,

My name is Kara. I'm from Dickson (about
45 miles west of Nashville and 150 miles
east of Memphis)

I'm starting induction tomorrow and hope to loose 75 pounds... My dh is on it and
has lost 25 so far in a month or so. I went on atkins in 1999 after the birth of my dd and lost 40 pounds (that I've gained all back!) so I'm hopeful.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Kara