Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Jan-22-02, 22:15
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 185/185/150
BF:35
Progress: 0%

WELCOME MRSU!

WOW you did great for the 1st month. Are you still doing Induction? I did 14 days induction, I am trying to keep on induction but I am feeling that I need more variety. I am very satisfied as far as my hunger, I am hardly hungry, which is unbelievable for me because I was such a snacker I loved to eat when I was tired sad bored happy whatever the feeling I ate. Now I feel like I have more control. That is what I love about this way of eating. Well... I need to go now. Will write later. Bye for now
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-02, 10:35

Stats: 225/195/150
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default trying to get to 145

hi Annah!

I started the Atkins diet on 1/1/02 and I started at 225, I don't know if you were that high. I am down to 212 as of last week and I am sure I lost a coulple more pounds. How about you?

Sonia
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-02, 13:56
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS started 1/7/2002
Stats: 180/170/140
BF:
Progress: 25%

Hi Gals,
It's Wednesday...Trying so hard on this diet. Going on the treadmill at least 3-4 times a week. Haven't lost anything in 2 weeks.... Drinking tons of water. Annah, hope u are doing well. Found a great site....FITDAY.com.........join for free..it keeps track of everything for u.....gotta try it...more later...Adele
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-02, 20:39
Registered Member

Hi Sd1
I started Jan 1 also. My starting weight was 185. I am so proud of you Sd1 You are doing great keep up the good work. I was about 200lbs for about 2 years after my daughter was born Kept down to 185lbs for about 4 or 5 years but have been as low as 150lbs for only a year or so. I am down now 9 lbs, since Jan 1, and I am thrilled but I have stalled for about a week. I know its because I am not planning as well as I should. I will try harder this week Keep drinking water people, and eat eat eat. I know that I don't eat nearly enough as I should and I do believe it is slowing my metabolism down.
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-02, 21:04
Registered Member

Hi Adele

I too have stalled for a week. I am not unhappy about it though I am thrilled with the loss I have I am just going to keep on going. 10 pounds a month to me is great. Try not to get discouraged youll start up again you watch youll lose soon. It could be water weight and or muscle. Just keep it up and youll see changes. I am going to check out that web site it looks good. Well I am tired
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-02, 12:24

BF:
Talking Almost 1 month!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi everybody!!!

I am almost at a month and I have no idea how much weight I lost I don't even care. All I know is I feel great. I have found some recipes that keep me going. All I know is I had busted to a size 20-22 and yeaterday I put on a size 16 skirt and looked damn good!!! Okay it was a little snug but still!!!!!!!!!Last week, I took my 2 year old to Jeepers and I felt so great because I got on all the rides with her and even climbed to the top of the jungle gym thing . I used to get so tired before so I was the parent that wathed the coats and the little babies.No more!!!!!!! My daughter competes in Beauty pageants and I am always on stage with her, I want her to be proud of me. She is only 2 so she loves me either way but later I don't want her to be embarrased.

I am going to weigh myself just to keep track but I feel great.
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-02, 13:24
Registered Member

BF:

Hi there,
Well, today is day # 18....Ready to cry Had lost 4 lbs. and weighed myself today and gained 2 back. I think I'm ready to give this up..I haven't cheated. Maybe a regular low fat diet would be better for me. 2 lbs in 18 days just doesn't cut it with me. But I really do enjoy this diet ! Sorry, I don't want to bring anyone down with me. I just had to vent. Good luck to all.
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-02, 14:29

BF:

ADELE,
DON'T GIVE UP, IF YOU ONLY LOST 4 LBS IN 18 DAYS, SOMETHING IS WRONG. WERE YOU DOING STRAIGHT INDUCTION? TRY GETTIONG SOME KETONE STRIPS. I USE THEM EVERYDAY JUST TO MOTIVATE ME. IF YOU ARE IN THE PURPLE, YOU ARE LOSING.
SD1
  #24   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-02, 14:43
Registered Member

BF:

SD1,
Hi...Thanks for responding. I am still doing induction. I do use the Ketostix every night. I'm at moderate most of the time. I can't imagine what I'm doing wrong,. I usually have 6 strips of bacon in the morning , the occasional egg, or leftover meat from the night b4. Lunch is usually tuna in water with mayo, or a cheeseburger (no bun) and some salad. If I snack at work, its usually a few pork rinds or an Atkins Endulge bar (which now I hear is not as low carb as they say ) LOTS of water all day.. Dinner is either chicken,steak, porkchop, or fish with a salad or lc veggie. The only thing I have done wrong is an occasional glass of white wine after work . I've been doing 2 miles on the treadmill at least 3 times a week. I'm gonna try on some jeans tonight that didn't fit and see if maybe I lost inches that I'm not aware of. One thing I should mention, I'm on Remeron , which is an antidepressant. Doctor did say it would slow down my weight loss, but I didn;t think to this extent. Thank God I'm weaning off the medication now. Well, have a good weekend. Hope to hear from you soon. And ANNAH....where have u been girl ??? Bye
  #25   ^
Old Sat, Jan-26-02, 21:30
Registered Member

Default Adele dont quit

Everyone I have to apologize, I have been working too much and when I do get home I am dead tired to come on the computer. But now I am back and will try to post everyday.
Adele I was so sad to hear that you may quit, you know that antidepressant that you are on may be the problem, I would see if maybe your doctor could prescribe something else, I dont know I am not a dr. I want to share with you that I was on Wellbutrin 150mg and Celexa 10mg and I stopped taking both of them. BUT I am not encouraging that anyone should do that. I did and I have no problems right now but I did talk to my dr. he said to stop Celexa first for 2 weeks then wellbutrin. It was a little bit hard to deal with my emotions but I did ok. Also it could be that your gaining muscle. I dont know, please keep trying. Hang in there I know its very discouraging to see the scales go up. Well we are here for you whatever you decide just keep us posted ok? Take care!
  #26   ^
Old Sat, Jan-26-02, 21:42
Registered Member

Thumbs up SD1 WOW!!!

YAY!! you are doing great I am so proud of you. I know that you are feeling wonderful.

What recipes have you found??? I love new recipes. Do you have a journal?? I do, all of you can come and check it out for menu ideas.

I have to confess, I CHEATED I am so disappointed in myself, I am supposed to be on induction and I totally blew it, BUT that was yesterday, tomorrow will be a better day. OK here it is I ate..........CHEESE CAKE I am not about "playing games" with this WOE. And I refuse to allow this one incident to ruin my life. PHEW! now I feel better. I really want to succeed but I dont want to be in bondage or obsessed with this WOE either. It is hard not to. What do you guys think? Are any of you feeling obsessed??? I think maybe its just my guilty conscience. I will go on from here, and NEVER think about it again. I need to focus on the good not the bad.
  #27   ^
Old Sun, Jan-27-02, 10:00

BF:
Default IT'S ROUGH SOMETIMES

THIS WEEKEND I WENT OUT WITH SOME FRIENDS AND MY HUSBAND WHO IS BEING SO SUPPORTIVE AND TRYING TO DO THE DIET WITH ME( ALTHOUGH HE REALLY DOES NOT NEED IT. ANYWAY WE WENT BAR HOPPING, AND NOT DRINKING DOES NOT BOTHER ME BUT THEN IT WAS 2 IN THE MORNING AND THERE WERE VENDORS OUTSIDE SELLING BOARDWALK FRIES AND PIZZA AND PRETZALS AND EVERYTHING THAT WOULD BE AN ATKINS' NIGHTMARE. EVEN MY HUSBAND GAVE IN. I STAYED STRONG AND ALL I KEPT THINKING IN MY MIND WAS I CAN NOT GO BACK TO A SIZE 20-22. I JUST CAN'T DO IT. MY HUSBAND HAD A BAG OG NUTS IN THE CAR AND THAT'S WHAT I HAD. I WAS SO PROUD OF MYSELF. HEY, A GREAT SODA IS CANADA DRY DIET GINGER ALE. IT TASTES GREAT ON ICE. ALSO LAST NIGHT WE HAD TACO SALAD WITH STEAK.IT WAS SOOOOOOOOOOO YUMMY. I JUST TOOK A STEAK AND CUT IT INTO STRIPS AND COOKED THEM IN A FRYING PAN. I SEASONED THEM WITH MEXICAN TACO SEASONING (JUST A LITTLE BECAUSE IT DOES HAVE A LITTLE BIT OF CARBS. I TOPPED IT WITH LETTUCE, ONIONS, SALSA(SUGAR FREE), SHREDDED MEXICAN CHEESE AND REGULAR SOUR CREAM. TRY IT!!!!!!!!!!!
MY DAUGHTER WANTS MY ATTENTION SO I GOTTA GO. TALK TO YOU ALL LATER.
SD1
  #28   ^
Old Sun, Jan-27-02, 19:20

Plan: atkins
Stats: 206/193/138 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 19%
hey ladies,

Well i must tell you gals about my-self. I'm 26 years old married to the most wonderful guy and I have a 4 1/2 year old daughter.

As of today i'm 163lbs. I guess form here and on I will have slow wait loss. I just want to get down to single digit clothing sizes and have the energy to play with my little girl. . What exercise. are you gals doing? If you are doing Tae bo, how many times a week are you suppose (are doing) to do it to get some results?
  #29   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-02, 12:50
Registered Member

BF:
Talking Better News

Hi,
Well, I also went out Friday night. We had a little reunion of coworkers that we haven't seen since 9/11. When our bldg was destroyed we all were sent to different places. Is that a good excuse to drink ?? Well, I did, and alot..Only smart thing was I drank dry vodka martinis. Least carb drink I could find. Didn't eat that nite at all. As u can imagine, I spent quite amount of time in bed Saturday and only ate 4 strips of london broil the entire day. Sunday I was a good girl. Weghed myself this morning and lost 3 lbs. The two lbs I had gained back and an extra one.. Ok, I feel better now. Just spent 42 mins on treadmill. Thanks for your encouragement. But now we know the secret...Get drunk
Annah....I'm glad to hear from you. I'm trying to figure out how to reply separately to you. But I'm at work and have to sneak this stuff. So I have to hurry. Will write more tonite...Keep up the good work gals Adele
  #30   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-02, 13:29

BF:

Hey everybody!!

I am going to go weigh myself today. I don't reallt care because I feel it but I'll let you all know tomorrow or tonight.

Bye for now.

SD1