Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, May-15-06, 19:55
I've decided

Plan: LC
Stats: 235/137.6/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:haven't a clue
Progress: 93%

2:00pm Sunday June 11th sounds great to me. I should be able to bring my husband as well - he started LC'ing a few months back, and although he's not on this forum, I'm sure he'd be interested in getting together too. If not, then I'll just come on my own. (haven't actually even talked to him about this yet...lol!).

I'm off to Puerto Rico tomorrow morning, and I'll be back on the 25th.

I've got internet access and my laptop with me, save for a few days of travelling, so I should be able to keep up with developments as to exact location and whether or not I should be bringing food (just kidding! of course I'll bring something). With my trusty "Low Carb Gourmet" by Karen Barnaby, I should be able to come up with something yummy. I'll bring my camera too.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, May-18-06, 07:36

Plan: paleo-ish
Stats: 482/400/240 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 34%

I'd love to come, but I don't see any of the other Springs people here, and I have a driving problem. I can't get myself to Boulder.

I'll watch to see if the others stop in. Sounds fun.
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Jun-05-06, 09:08
I've decided

Hmmm...this thread has quieted down some, and I got back from my trip to Puerto Rico much later than I'd anticipated, since we had to stay an extra few days unexpectedly.

Anyway, are people still interested in getting together on Sunday? As far as I can tell, there are three of us so far, plus my husband.

Batspit - sorry about the lack of ride, I'm not a big fan of driving either. I would have loved to meet you - maybe we'll have another get together sometime where more people might be interested in going, and we'll get more Coloradans from across the state.

Allison and Mike - are you two still interested in doing this? It's a much smaller group than maybe we were hoping, but if you two are still interested, I'd be happy to show up with my husband and some food. If not, that's fine too, since the group is turning out to be small-ish for a picnic. Let me know what you think.

Think I'll either pm the two of you or post in your journals in case you don't see this thread.

Talk to you soon,

Sara
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Jun-06-06, 18:52
I've decided

Well we're still on for this Sunday June 11th - and we're meeting at noon at the "ranger area near the trailhead".

I don't exactly know where this is, but can easily find my way there.

So far, it's Mike, myself, my husband and not sure if Mike is bringing anyone along. Haven't heard from Allison (bike2work), so still unsure if she's joining us or not.

If anyone else is interested - we'd love to have you join us for a low-carb picnic in the park at Chatauqua Park in Boulder. At this point, I'm not planning on bringing a ton of food, since our group is still pretty small, but let me know if you decide to join us, so that I can make sure that whatever food I bring is of sufficient quantity.

This is a beautiful, beautiful park and I think meeting up might be a lot of fun.

Feel free to join in.

Sara
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Aug-13-06, 10:51

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 266/264/170 Female 5' 4"
BF:46.7/46.7/??
Progress: 2%

I just found this forum...

Are there any more meets planned? I'm in Aurora.

Robin
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Aug-18-06, 10:01
I've decided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin12265
I just found this forum...

Are there any more meets planned? I'm in Aurora.

Robin

Hi Robin,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner on this. Right now, there isn't anything planned for a get together in Colorado (that I know of), but that doesn't mean there couldn't be.

Would you like to try and arrange something? Last time I tried to organize a get together in the Boulder County area, there were a few people interested, but by the time our picnic rolled around, it was a pretty small get together.

Still fun to do though.

I've been feeling a bit ill lately, so am not up to trying to organize something. This being said though, if you were to start a new thread in this section and try to arrange a lunch or a meeting of some kind - I'd love to join in on any get together that might be happening between Denver and Ft. Collins.

Sara
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Sep-17-06, 22:39
Elevator, Going Down

Plan: Natalia Rose Detox
Stats: 264/241/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 19%

I'm in the Broomfield area, so anything between Denver and Fort Collins would work for me too...
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Sep-18-06, 10:47
I've decided

Would anyone be interested in getting together for a nice lunch at Flatirons Crossing (Broomfield area) next month? I'm off to California tomorrow morning and won't be back for another week, but anytime after that would work for me.

There's a place in the mall called California Pizza Kitchen (I know, sounds like a horrible choice for LC)...and they've got the most delicious salads:

http://www.cpk.com/menu/salads.aspx

Maybe some of us could meet there one Saturday or Sunday afternoon, and then we could check out the bookstore for LC cookbooks/books or go to places like Lane Bryant or what have you. Could be a neat LC girl's afternoon out.

Of course, if there are any guys interested in joining, we could ditch the after-lunch shopping/browsing part and just have lunch together.

I also like the idea of meeting up some place on Pearl St. in Boulder, having a bite to eat and then enjoying a nice walk afterwards.

Interested?

Sara
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Sep-19-06, 08:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 266/264/170 Female 5' 4"
BF:46.7/46.7/??
Progress: 2%

Sara - sounds good! But it depends on when - I'm out of the 'running' on 2 Saturdays (The 7th is my son's 2nd b-day party and the 21st I'm going to be in WALT DISNEY WORLD!) - Y'all do what works best - don't arrange it around me.
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Sep-19-06, 08:37
Elevator, Going Down

BF:

I'm interested - but I'm not sure I could eat at the California Pizza Kitchen. What do you usually order? I suppose I could have chicken caesar or something. My recovery is too new to chance it.

Pearl Street sounds lovely too. There are several places there to get low carb stuff, plus there's a few great coffee places nearby.

Parking is easier at Flatirons...
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Sep-22-06, 15:23
I've decided

I'm in California right now, but will be back next week.

Sounds like California Pizza Kitchen isn't the best choice - I mentioned it because I once had a great salad there, I think it was the bacon/gorgonzola chopped (sans fried onions of course).

Pearl Street sounds a lot more appealing to me at this point, though I don't know the restaurants around there well.

I'm up for any day of the week, except for Tuesdays, and I'll be back in town as of the 27th of September. I'm going away again the weekend of October 14th.

How about the weekend of September 30th? If that doesn't work, then how about one of the last weekends in October?

Is everyone liking the Pearl St. idea? I know parking can sometimes be an issue, but it's such a great area for restaurants, people watching and walking around. I'm sure we'd all really enjoy ourselves. Malls are just malls, as nice as Flatirons is.

miristar - is there a particular restaurant on Pearl St. that you'd recommend? I know there's tons of them, but like I said - I don't know the area that well.

I'm thinking a lunch date on Pearl St. sounds ideal.

Sara
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Feb-13-07, 16:42

Plan: atkins
Stats: 155/155/155 Female 5'8'
BF:
Progress:
Default low carb meetup in denver

hi denver and surrounding area low carbers...

we have a low carb support group meeting in denver twice a month. we share recipes, resources and of course food! check out the link on my blog which is the web site link in my profile...would love to see you all there!
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Sep-25-07, 06:15
Elevator, Going Down

BF:

Wow Cool, a local support group?
  #29   ^
Old Wed, Sep-26-07, 11:06

Plan: atkins
Stats: 155/155/155 Female 5'8'
BF:
Progress:
Default low carb living group

hello all,

i am the organizer of a low carb living support group on the meetup.com site...would love to have you all join us! most of our events are in denver, but if we had enough support, we could definitely do something "up north"! check us out here:

http://atkinsdiet.meetup.com/173/
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Sep-26-07, 13:26
I've decided

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorgrrl
hello all,

i am the organizer of a low carb living support group on the meetup.com site...would love to have you all join us! most of our events are in denver, but if we had enough support, we could definitely do something "up north"! check us out here:

http://atkinsdiet.meetup.com/173/

I don't get to Denver all that often, but I'd certainly be interested in a Northern meetup group - could be a lot of fun. I'm in Boulder County.