Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Apr-06-06, 14:27

Plan: Atkins M&E
Stats: 142/140/122 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 10%

hi wwfailure.

never tried ww myself, far too fussy to follow a set diet. good luck with your diet.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Apr-13-06, 08:36
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/195/140 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Hi everyone in the UK!
I am near Cambridge (in the UK) and its been good to know there are others not far...

Although I lost 4 stone (56lbs) in about a year, and told everyone how; no-one seemed to be doing the low carb thing.

Fell off the wagon last year and now need to re-lose 2 stone, so its good to find others doing it too!

hope to hear lots more
x
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Apr-19-06, 07:28

Plan: Home tailored
Stats: 153/149/137 Female 5ft6in
BF:
Progress: 25%

Minival- hey I live near Saffron Walden during the uni breaks- in Norwich art the moment, nice to see someone not far (?) from 'home' on here .

I too have at least a stone to drop - probably closer to 2 to be happy.

Nice to meet you!

Gem.
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Apr-21-06, 00:42
Registered Member

Stats: 210/195/140 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Thank you Gem!
Its great to hear from someone so close, my Dad lives in a village near Haverhill, so not far at all...

I agree with you about the meat and egg boost - it seems to be the way I lose weight with meaning!! its ok when you get going on it, it seems really easy to keep saying 'no' to all the things you shouldnt have, so that's what I'm doing at the moment. But no one else I know will try it, all say its not healthy, even tho I thought I'd shown them the results...

never mind, I suppose as long as we know!

Do let me know how you're doing.

Val
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Apr-28-06, 15:32

Plan: Generic Low Carb
Stats: 148/131/126 Female 5 ft 6"
BF:
Progress: 77%

Hi! About 18 months or so ago we had quite an active group here on the UK site. We organised several meet-ups in London and elsewhere and generally had fun

Then the key organisers got busy with other things and the traffic dropped off... But some of us are still around albeit mainly in journals rather than here in the UK forum. So don't think because this forum isn't very active that you're the only low-carber in the UK
  #21   ^
Old Sun, May-14-06, 14:51
Champagne Paulie

Plan: My Fitness Pal
Stats: 156.2/123.8/120 Female 5 ft 4 ins
BF:Got some, thanks
Progress: 90%
Smile

Hi Guys,

I check into the UK forum now and again and like Sylvia I usually spend most of my time in journals

Don't panic, there are still loads of people LC'ing in the UK. My doctor even recommended it to me

I'm currently doing the Lighterlife programme as I put a lot of weight on last year due to thyroid cancer. Once I get back on to regular food again I'm hoping to stay low carb.
  #22   ^
Old Sun, May-14-06, 15:42
Go Seminoles......

Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'5
BF:baby phat
Progress: 16%

A hot and humid hello from Florida. I am new to LC but I have studied it and promised to start for months and finally did on May 1 , so far and I weigh in on tomorrow, I have lost 6 pounds.
  #23   ^
Old Fri, May-19-06, 08:10

Plan: SW
Stats: 255/247.5/154 Female 5ft 5in
BF:Too much!!
Progress: 7%
Default Hello to all here in the Uk!!

Im Dee and im from the North East of England in between Newcastle and Whitley Bay

have been back on the Atkins since last Saturday so will see what tomorrow brings Was on it a couple of year back and lost loads then fell off the wagon and have tried WW and Counting Cals since..only losing a little ..My hubby has been successful with Atkins in the past but he too tried different things like GI and wasnt losing so he joined me again with Induction! our son who lives away has also been following it successfully so will have lots of support

Are you like me not telling many people outside of family?? when i did the last time i was ridiculed by people but now when they see me with salad they dont query!...but it doesnt bother me if people find out cos it works for me and now ive found this forum it will help greatly!

looking forward to continue chattingt with you all

love Dee x
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Jun-01-06, 07:58

Plan: atkins with a few twists
Stats: 212/185/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 44%

Hi I am Sarah and have just moved here to London from Vancouver. Just to let you know, I find following the LC way of life EASIER over here than at home...we are also facing the loss of LC food products over in North America which makes things slightly more difficult but over here you guys have such an awesome selection of cream, cheese, etc. so to be honest I am loving it here! We don't have Halloumi at home at all and god is it ever good! we don't have thick cream either and lately I have become addicted to a little bit of cocoa, splenda and the extra thick double cream whipped to make a mousse!! Oh also, at home a little box of Splenda costs $7.99 (about £4) and here you can get the big jar for £1.59......trust me, things are not neccessarily better in North America!!

Good luck on your LC'ing everyone!

Sarah
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Jun-01-06, 08:46

Stats: 142/142/112 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hello everyone

I am new to LC'ing its my first day today

I am in Yorkshire and have 30lbs to lose. I have gained a lot of weight over the last 5 years from stopping smoking, but I am not determined to lose every last bit of it.

Good Luck everyone
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Jun-02-06, 05:25

Plan: Atkins M&E
Stats: 142/140/122 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 10%

good luck giddy girl.
  #27   ^
Old Fri, Jun-02-06, 12:19

Stats: 175/133/138 Female 64 inches
BF:yes
Progress: 114%

Good Luck Giddy Girl
  #28   ^
Old Sat, Jun-24-06, 15:00

Stats: 212/175/150 Female 160cm
BF:44%/32%/?
Progress: 60%

Great thread for getting to know people

I'm Jools - live in St Albans, UK and have just completed my 6th day on Atkins. I successfully lost 22 pounds on Weightwatchers last year, then put it all on, and more, in about 6 months.

I tried Slimfast, hoping that relying on shakes at lunchtime would develop some discipline - it certainly did that, but I only lost 4 pounds in 5 weeks and was getting very depressed - and was always hungry !!

So far, I'm finding Atkins very easy. I lost 4 pounds very quickly this week, then nothing from Thursday, but I have high hopes of Mondays's official week 1 weigh-in !

I want to lose around 60 pounds in time for my sisters wedding in a year as I will be chief bridesmaid !
  #29   ^
Old Sun, Jun-25-06, 15:11

Stats: 175/133/138 Female 64 inches
BF:yes
Progress: 114%

Hello Jools and welcome to the forum.
Your goal certainly sounds achievable. Glad you are finding this way of eating easy
  #30   ^
Old Sun, Jun-25-06, 15:43

Plan: SW
Stats: 255/247.5/154 Female 5ft 5in
BF:Too much!!
Progress: 7%
Default Hi!

Jue im Dee and aloso from the North east in Killingworth ! whereabouts are you ??..love dee x