Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Mar-22-06, 20:05

Plan: candida wipe out plan
Stats: 130/115/120 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 150%

It's good to be able to vent a little to people who understand. I'm just at a point where I'm real frusterated and digusted at our medical community. They say they aren't Gods but they sure do act like them. It's easy to make life altering decisions to patients when you aren't the one who is dealing with the problems.

At least I got him to check my adrenal and hormone levels......at least that's some of what I really wanted to accomplish today.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Mar-22-06, 20:29

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%

Hey Ma... I have been going through the same thing with illnesses that just happened out of the blue...rashes everywhere...oral infections that wouldn't go away so had to be on antibiotics a lot.... Your doctor is nuts. I finally gave up on them after seeing about 7 different doctors... Doctors treat symptoms and if it is anything more complicated than a prescription, then they don't want to deal with it. I would say that everything is yeast driven that is happening to you...CFS...is a symptom of yeast...

I am going to make an appointment to see an oral surgeon and have them pull the root canal because I will never be able to fully get rid of the yeast until that tooth is out of my mouth. I can't afford having much work done either, but I am hoping that my dental insurance pays for the extraction. I did find a holistic dentist, but I don't think my insurance will pay for all that treatment... This is very frustrating for me and I'm sure for you, the extreme mood swings alone are enough to keep me in bed, let alone the extreme fatigue and anxiety....
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Mar-23-06, 15:59

BF:

Ya know Skee....... for yrs they diagnosed me with CFS/FM and I KNEW that it was not an answer. Our bodies do not DO things for no apparent reason. To dig and research and find this candida problem is actually a blessing to me b/c it means a cure and an answer. Me and my husband are actually for the first time in 14 yrs making plans and dreaming again. I haven't gone through the real rough stuff yet...... It's coming (specially w/ the teeth an all).......but I can see a light on the other side of this mess now. I'm pretty sure you mentioned God in one of your other posts. I rely on him the most to provide a way and clarity for answers. I feel my diligence is paying off.

You said it well.......CFS is a 'symptom'.........I thnk CFS can be a symptom of illness but not an illness itself.

I haven't looked into what my insurance is going to cover w/ the root canals......but I almost don't care.....where there is a will..........there is a way. I can feel a problem especially in the top right tooth more and more and more......I have located a doctor. I need to make an appt.

As for my other doctor........he can kiss my booty. His advice really doesn't mean a lot to me and the office staff is rude as well. My hubs gave me good advice last night to stay the coarse and don't let him get me off track.

Talk more soon......

Have a evening
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Mar-26-06, 08:10
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Ma...Skee
I'm glad you're both going to tackle and treat the root of the problem!!! I'm sure you'll both find improvement soon.

I keep telling people...everything is connected...nothing happens in isolation.

Imagine....just a casual mention of root canals and click!!!

Things happen for a reason.
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Mar-26-06, 12:51

Hey Ma and Zul...

Thanks for the replies...

Ma...I know how you feel about the doctors attitude, basically in my experience, if you have an opinion that is different from their's they are not open to hearing that. It is their way or the highway... Stick to your guns and follow your gut instinct. Something that has been helping me tremendously...and by the way I have only been doing this regimen for the past 3 days, but here goes...

I make up a batch of lemon water...I just cut up lemons in a picture and keep refilling the water all week...

First thing in the morning, I poor some lemon water into a coffee cup, heat in microwave and drink it down. Lemon is good for detoxifying the body...helps with evacuation...

Second, I take 2 T. of cod liver oil.. or a real good fish oil...omega 3 oils...you need to buy one that has the highest epa and dha levels... Twinlab is the brand that works best for me...and trust me the brand is important! This helps the body and mind and in most cases because we are deficient and leads to illnesses, including CFS...

Third, I take 2 T. of apple cider vinegar, organic, in about 2-3 ounces of water, I then add oil of oregano .5 mg. liquid stir it up vigorously and drink it down.

Fourth, I make my morning coffee and add 1 T. virgin coconut oil and stir and eat my breakfast.

At lunch and dinner, I take 2 T. of ACV before the meal and 1 T. virgin coconut oil with the meal...saute food or add some how.

Now, I know that this sounds like too much of a regimen, but let me tell you something in six years I have been mostly bedridden... Until Zu told me about the Vitamin D I still felt hopeless, foggy, extremely depressed, bedridden, and extremely tired. When I started taking this brand of Cod Liver Oil, prior to this I had taken a Walgreens brand and noticed no change in symptoms but finished off the bottle, within 30 minutes my vision cleared and my thinking was less foggy...remember have had these symptoms for 6 years! Then, on top of this the noise in my head, STOPPED!!!

In the three days since I started taking the coconut oil and oil of oregano, I have noticed much less fatigue and a feeling of well being... Also, the drainage in my root canal tooth is much much better because I make sure I swish the oil of oregano mixture, sort of gargle, before swallowing... Now I am told that with the Oil of Oregano you are supposed to take it two weeks on and two weeks off....so that is what I will do...

Finally, the yeast in my urine is much much better... I always look and there are always yeast bubbles in my urine, I have noticed much less lately...

ZUL...Thank you for all of your knowledge and support on these boards. You are so full of usefull information. I am amazed at what these boards are able to offer in terms of curing things that doctors do not know. Even though we may not know all of the bones, etc., in the body, I feel like we know so much more than they do. I say it all the time, doctors treat symptoms! Surgeons cut you open! If you want to cure something that does not involve a drug or being cut open, you have to address the ROOT CAUSE... After six years of struggling, of feeling like I would rather die than wake up to the sun another day feeling like I am in a deep dark pit, I finally have hope... The sad thing is that there are so many people out there in the same situation who do not have access to the internet, or who do not know where to find answers, and they live the rest of their lives in the hell that I have been experiencing...

God bless you all and I hope that our ilnesses will finally be cured and that we can pass this knowledge on to others...
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Mar-26-06, 15:41
Finding the Pieces

BF:

I don't even have my fingers crossed!!! I know it's going to work for you!!!

And people call me obsessed!!!
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Mar-28-06, 08:22

Well an update, the OOO is kicking the yeast in the but, along with the coconut oil. I notice that when I take the OOO along with the ACV my energy just skyrockets... I am wondering about the two week on, two week off thing... What on earth am I going to do on the two week off....
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Mar-28-06, 08:24
Finding the Pieces

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeweeaka
Well an update, the OOO is kicking the yeast in the but, along with the coconut oil. I notice that when I take the OOO along with the ACV my energy just skyrockets... I am wondering about the two week on, two week off thing... What on earth am I going to do on the two week off....
You don't have to cycle off.
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Mar-28-06, 08:59

Thanks Zul... This liquid is very strong, I wonder what exactly is it doing in my body but whatever it is it's working lol!!
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Mar-29-06, 10:31

I came across a good article that describes why yeast overgrowth can prevent weight loss....http://www.stopyeast.com/news9.html
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Mar-29-06, 22:29

BF:

I agree zul is a wonderful fountain of information......

I just bought cocnut oil today and it smells SO good I can't wait to put it in something.....it looks like I can stick a wick in it and burn it!!!! ha ha ha......glad I can eat it!!!!!

I eat lemon.....and lime (but mostly lemon) w/ just about EVERYTHING!!!! I even put it on my brocoli and I hate brocoli, but can eat it thanx to lemon! I asked this before but will ask again.....anyone use the 'real lemon' in the plastic bottle? it's ingredients are: lemon juice from concentrate (water concentrated lemon juice), sodium benzoate, sodium metabisulfiteand sodium sulfite (preservatives), lemon oil.

Skee..........enlighten me on what you look for in your pee.....as far as yeast goes...... I don't understand what you're saying. I wanna know what I too can be looking for.

Also I guess taking cod liver pills is no good.....it has to be liquid.... I don't have any of this yet. And I though coffee.....all coffee is bad for the good flora.

How can youtell drainage is happening in you root canal? mine just feels odd and when I dip my head upside down it has a discomforting feeling.......same when I laugh to hard or cough laying on my right side. I can't tell that it draining or anything. I just KNOW something is not right and it's a tooth that has already had an abscess and surgery.
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Mar-29-06, 22:51

Hey Mal...

I LOVE the smell of the coconut...and yes it would make a great candle lol... Tonight I washed my daughter's hair and used it on her scalp...it is supposed to fight dandruff... Also, I applied it to my feet after a pedicure...and lol...I used it on my face.... HEY ALL PURPOSE.... Here is some info as to why it is speeding up our metabolisms... http://www.aspartame.ca/page_oho2d.htm

Lemon...well I use the really real lemon lol... I just cut up lemons at the beginning of the week in a big picture and fill with water and keep refilling all week...

Yeast bubbles...in my urine after I check for bubbles and there are usually plenty of them... Just like when you are preparing yeast for bread... I noticed today after doubling up on my OOO dosage, there were many more than usual... I guess that would be a good thing...

Cod Liver Oil pills I'm not quite certain of but you need to make sure if you use them that the DHA and EPA levels are high... I like to use liquid forms of most things because it is more potent...and I'm never quite certain of the purity of the capsules...

Root canal...well there is a very foul odor and taste when you bite down... Also, I use hydrogen peroxide to rinse at night and I hold it in my mouth for a while, it bubbles a lot and expands... That has helped with the infection in the tooth until I can get to the dentist to have it pulled... Also, the OOO is helping with the infection....I have been putting some on a cloth and holding it to the tooth...

Hope everyone had a good day today...

Last edited by skeeweeaka : Wed, Mar-29-06 at 22:59.
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Mar-30-06, 01:45

BF:

Skee........wow multipurpose coconut oil!!! Got it on the liquid cod liver and you are right, liquid is best of all things. It just sounds like it tastes blech! heh heh .........sorry bout that.

As for the ooo........nopw this lady told me that the pills get to the intestines better but the drops get to the sinuses and head, mouth (obviously)......much quicker. My sinuses have been doing pretty good since I've been on it.......so I will test the pills and see if anything changes.

I'm out for now........gonna try to sleep.........again.
  #29   ^
Old Thu, Mar-30-06, 06:47
Finding the Pieces

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malulani
Skee........wow multipurpose coconut oil!!! Got it on the liquid cod liver and you are right, liquid is best of all things. It just sounds like it tastes blech! heh heh .........sorry bout that.

As for the ooo........nopw this lady told me that the pills get to the intestines better but the drops get to the sinuses and head, mouth (obviously)......much quicker. My sinuses have been doing pretty good since I've been on it.......so I will test the pills and see if anything changes.

I'm out for now........gonna try to sleep.........again.
))) is great for sinuses and allergies.

Don't take any OOO after 5 o'clock as is can disturb sleep patterns, same with vitamin D.
  #30   ^
Old Thu, Mar-30-06, 22:06

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuleikaa
))) is great for sinuses and allergies.

Don't take any OOO after 5 o'clock as is can disturb sleep patterns, same with vitamin D.

Good to know b/c I have been. But I think it's been knocking me down so hard with the die off that I've been too exhausted to notice.....

Don't take it after 5 pm assuming bed time would be? How many hours NOT to take it before bed?