Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Wed, Mar-29-06, 10:50
Chaos in the flesh!

Plan: custom
Stats: 386/218.2/167 Female 69
BF:
Progress: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Songbird51
Today was my 8th week weigh-in and I am down 4 more pounds!! That makes a total of 16 pounds now...and the cool thing is that I am due for my period in the next couple of days, so I am probably down even more than 4 without all of the water weight. Sooooo moral of the story is: WORK OUT! Yay!

I'm glad you stuck with it. 2 lbs a week average is nothing to scoff at! It just took your body a little time to figure it out You're doing great! Way to go!
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Thu, Apr-06-06, 08:51
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/189/150 Female 5 feet, 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 48%

9th week weigh-in...lost 2 more pounds. I know it would have been more if I didn't break my damn crosstrainer!!! Had to miss 2 days of workouts while I waited for the part to be shipped! Anyway, I still lost some, and that's the point! Up to a total of 18 now...still wishing I could lose it as fast and as much as some of you, but I'm happy with what I've got for now.
  #93   ^
Old Thu, Apr-06-06, 09:17
Chaos in the flesh!

BF:

Quote:
9th week weigh-in...lost 2 more pounds. I know it would have been more if I didn't break my damn crosstrainer!!! Had to miss 2 days of workouts while I waited for the part to be shipped! Anyway, I still lost some, and that's the point! Up to a total of 18 now...still wishing I could lose it as fast and as much as some of you, but I'm happy with what I've got for now.

You're doing great Keep up the work on the cross trainer! Glad you got it fixed! There's nothing worse than getting your momentum going and then having something throw a wrench in your whole schedule! Glad you got right back to it!
  #94   ^
Old Thu, Apr-06-06, 23:44
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 218/172/130 Female 66.75 inches
BF:
Progress: 52%

You could be retaining water in your muscles from working out. You could be rtaining water period. There's a saying that goes: "a pint is pound the whole world round". Its true. A pint of water weights one pound. Consider your fluid intake as a possible culprit. And the weight of your food, is another culprit we rarely consider. And of course, gaining muscle means shrinking but getting heavier. So you have to consider that the important things is to become smaller, not necessarily lighter, although that is also the goal. Keep your measurements updated. And watch calories. And hidden carbs. Try using the daily food journal entries on this site, they'll tell you exactly what you're putting in your mouth each meal. Helps to keep track. You might think you're consuming 20 g of carbs a day, when it could in fact be double, when you add the cream in your coffee and the fact that eggs and cheese contain carbs, and so forth.

Hang in there.
  #95   ^
Old Wed, Apr-12-06, 08:38
Registered Member

BF:

10th week weigh-in, and I am down 3 more pounds, which surprised the heck out of me because I was unable to work out all last week due to an injury! But I'm not complaining!! Hopefully working out this week will keep things going in the downward trend! I can't wait to get under the 200 mark!!!
  #96   ^
Old Wed, Apr-12-06, 09:08
Chaos in the flesh!

BF:

great job! we're kinda right on the same track starting weights were close, current weight is the same, and so is goal You're doing great!
  #97   ^
Old Wed, Apr-19-06, 09:25
Registered Member

BF:

11th week weigh-in...2 more pounds gone. But MAN, am I craving sweets! Fiance brought home his "Easter basket" and I am soooooo tempted to steal something!
  #98   ^
Old Wed, Apr-19-06, 10:05

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 188/154/150 Female 63
BF:Allergic
Progress: 89%

Step away from the Easter Basket! You're doing a great job!
  #99   ^
Old Wed, Apr-19-06, 10:28

Plan: atkins
Stats: 214/204/150 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 16%

just hang in there and stick to it. I have been feeling the same way and coming here for support is keeping on the right tract. good luck
  #100   ^
Old Wed, Apr-19-06, 11:56
Italian Princess

Stats: 278/262/115 Female 4' 11"
BF:
Progress: 10%

Stalling is common especially week 3-5 into the plan. Nothing is wrong. Calm down. Keep following the plan.
  #101   ^
Old Wed, Apr-19-06, 13:32
Chaos in the flesh!

BF:

Quote:
11th week weigh-in...2 more pounds gone. But MAN, am I craving sweets! Fiance brought home his "Easter basket" and I am soooooo tempted to steal something!

So steal it. But don't eat it. Remember, that one piece of candy can set you back immensely - its easy for that one piece of candy to turn into 25 lbs - especially in my case. It just has a snowball effect. Something crunchy usually nips my sweet cravings - try some raw califlouwer It usually works for me. Either that or eat something really fatty like a pork steak or some bacon (
  #102   ^
Old Wed, Apr-19-06, 21:51

Plan: Aspiring Paleo
Stats: 144/136/127 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 47%

Songgbird -
You are doing fabulous! Congrats on the success - you are really an inspiration!

You'll be in Onederland in no time at all!!
  #103   ^
Old Wed, Apr-26-06, 19:47
Registered Member

BF:

12th week weigh-in, and I haven't lost anything, but I am not surprised...good ole' period is due tomorrow so I am sure I am retaining water. Hopefully I'll be in for a pleasant drop next week!
  #104   ^
Old Wed, Apr-26-06, 21:48

Stats: 361/285.0/240.0 Male 5'11"
BF:Shake Hands w/Beef
Progress: 63%

I bet you cross the 200 mark by next week!

In reading the whole thread, it looks as if you have found what works for you. You have found that you are learning limits and what foods are too much or may stall you. And you have shown yourself that despite any self doubt, or feeling that you can't, you can. You have shown yourself that your body took/takes a little while longer to respond but once it does, you lose weight at a fairly steady and predictable pace.

WAY TO GO!!! You are doing it!

Now some more advice? Once you get close to goal, consider adding more veggies etc slowly. Then do yourself a big favor, do not go off the WOE! Make it a life choice and you will be that thin and healthy for life!

I wish you continued success!
  #105   ^
Old Wed, Apr-26-06, 23:58

Plan: atkins induction
Stats: 330/330/165 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 0%

WOW..great job! you are losing at such a great rate now! You inspire me to want to start exercising!! i havent exercised yet and have been on ATkins for over 2 mos..maybe it will get my weight loss going a bit quicker if i start exercising..