Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-02, 10:33
OSU Cowboy Fan

Plan: Lapband/low carb
Stats: 248/169/145 Female 5'6"
BF:42/29/25
Progress: 77%
Default Bikini moma

Yep, I'm determined to be a "bikini moma". I do my second set of ab training today. I'm still a little sore from the workout on Monday, but feeling a lot better than I did yesterday.

We have a store here in Oklahoma that sells bottoms and tops seperately, you might check in your area and call the "Sun & Ski" stores. They usually sell swim suits seperately.

I've also started tanning a bit, just to get some color on me before the swim suit season.

I decided if I don't get into a bikini this summer, (I still have so much to loose) I will next summer. But, I'm still aiming for this summer, I'm giving it my all!

Happy Low carbing all!
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-02, 11:30
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/159.6/145
BF:
Progress: 27%
Thumbs up hey sunshine2

that is still excellent! 40 lbs is greEEAAAATTTT! i am sure you can do it...tanning is a good idea too...alittle olor does make you look and feel better!

we decided today to take our measurements...holy cow!!!! we must be completely BONKERS . i will tell you how it turns out
  #63   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-02, 10:52

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

I am still here. It's been a tough week for me

My hubby had all 4 of his wisdom teeth removed and I have been a tad busy taking care of him. You know how guys turn into big babies when it comes to pain and not feeling well. Plus I gained 7 pounds of water this week due to ahem.

So it's been a pretty crappy week for me. It will get better I am sure

I will be glad when it's all over with
  #64   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-02, 11:11

Plan: Atkins- post pregnancy
Stats: 174/127/125 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 96%

Sorry to hear about hubby! If mine had his wisdom teeth taken out, I'm sure I'd have to be at his bekken call. You'd think the whole world is coming to an end the way some men go on! Funny though, as long as it doesn't totally interfer with life, I kinda like it. It reminds him just how much he needs me!

Sorry to hear about the water weight. I know what you're going through. Nothing fits right, and Tom is just taking his good ol' time getting here. Wish I could just get it over with already. It's a wonder we women can loose any weight at all, as soon as it's off, we hold that much weight in water! And we have to go through this EVERY month! How fair is that? Ok, I'm done b_tching. Take care of yourself Angonycat

Later ladies,
Heather
  #65   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-02, 14:04
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/159.6/145
BF:
Progress: 27%
Unhappy agonycat..you poor thing

you poor thing...but i know the feeling... about TOM...i though i was one of the few that gained 5-7lbs overnite!!! yikey yucky!

quik question maybe someone can tell me....about two weeks before "that time" my 14K gold rings turn my fingers a green grey color, and every where they touch me and rub i turn green grey...i can even draw a line on my skin. what do you think this is from..it has nothing to do with the low carb diet, because on and off i have always had this happen/...sometimes more than other times???

thanks...happy weekend to all low carbers out there
  #66   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-02, 14:14

I had that problem with watches.

I think it has to do with either the ph balance of your system or salt balance. I would actually wear the plating off of the backs of watches exposing the metal alloy underneath the gold or silver plating. Only thing that stopped it was wearing a stainless steel plated dive watch.

Not sure what can be done about it.
  #67   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-02, 16:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 154/151/145
BF:
Progress: 33%

I have had that happen! Glad to hear I am not the only one. I don't know if you would want to do this to your rings, but someone told me to take clear finger-nail polish and polish the inside of the ring and let dry. I did it and the rings never marked me again. Worked for me, anyway.

Hugs all! Tama
  #68   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-02, 16:51
OSU Cowboy Fan

Plan: Lapband/low carb
Stats: 248/169/145 Female 5'6"
BF:42/29/25
Progress: 77%

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tama
[I have had that happen! Glad to hear I am not the only one. I don't know if you would want to do this to your rings, but someone told me to take clear finger-nail polish and polish the inside of the ring and let dry. I did it and the rings never marked me again. Worked for me, anyway].

I will have to try this, I quit wearing my rings because my fingers turned green.
  #69   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-02, 18:24

Stats: 202/168/140
BF:
Progress: 55%
Default My gripe

Well Agonycat I hope things are better on the homefront soon with your hubby.

OK here's my gripe try not getting a TOM on a regular basis and then after being happy go lucky for oh lets say 6 months without it. Then deal with the one that comes which lasts for up to 8 days and causes you nothing but severe uncontrolled mood swings with up to 15 pounds of water weight.

Now welcome to my world of insanity!

Here's a question and I want an honest answer...

When you lose a pound or more and you update your profile, then if you gain a pound or more back to do you update your profile to show the gain?

I have found that I dont, it seems so depressing for me to change that number to something I worked so hard to get away from!

Anyway....

See ya
Shannon
  #70   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-02, 19:26

BF:

Just my opinion but, I think if that pound is there for a week, you should post it. That way when you finally loose it, we can celebrate that loss all over again!

Later,
Heather
  #71   ^
Old Mon, Jan-21-02, 18:15

Stats: 202/168/140
BF:
Progress: 55%
Default Our own vision

Happy Martin Luther King day!

Today since I didnt have to go to work, I went to the gym for a 11:30 yoga class and a few minutes in the steam room - Thanks MLK. So to go into the steamroom I put on one of my swim suits a 1 piece and I was looking at the new bod and thought I really dont see what the difference is.

I always thought it was an okay looking suit but what did it really look like with those added 40lbs. I look in the mirror and swear that I look like a baywatch babe and in reality I just looked like "Babe" pig in the city.

When does our view of ourselves change? Is it the right suit that would make it better or has the image of ourselves been so distorted for so long that we must reinvent the new us.

Hmmm something to think about... Go try on a new suit if you havent tried one lately.

have a great day...
Shannon
  #72   ^
Old Mon, Jan-21-02, 18:39

Stats: 154/151/145
BF:
Progress: 33%

I totally understand.

I am always afraid that I think I look better than I actually do - like in a swimsuit, for instance. And I am strutting my stuff around the pool, thinking I am looking good, when in reality I am embarassing myself.

But when I think about it, that will never happen. Because I am my own worst critic. I know this. I obsess about things on my body that no one else even notices. For instance, I have an egg-shaped birthmark on the back of my upper thigh (nice placement ) and I totally obsess about how stupid it looks at the pool. But nobody ever really notices it but me. I think I look ten times worse than I actually do, sad to say, and I don't know when that ever changes, Shannon. Working out and taking charge of my body seems to give me more confidence in myself. But I still don't think of myself as "lookin' good" once I hit goal. I haven't figured out the answer to that one yet, anyone else?

Tama
  #73   ^
Old Mon, Jan-21-02, 18:47
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 167/125/115
BF:
Progress: 81%
Default I understand too!

Hi ladies-

I can relate to what everyone is saying. I am my own worst enemy, I always have been. I don't know if I ever will feel comfortable in a bathing suit. But since I started this diet, I feel in control and have more confidence. I am slowly seeing results and it motivates me even more. I hope by the time summer comes I'll be able to buy a new bathing suit that I feel great in!
Keep up the good work everyone.

Danielle
  #74   ^
Old Mon, Jan-21-02, 19:00

BF:

Ladies,
I don't think it'll ever change. Even when I was a thin hottie, back in the day, I still thought I looked like a sausage in a swim suit. The only time I felt good about myself is if some guy was falling all over me. If nobody noticed, I felt like Hillshire Farms should have been tattooed across my butt. If I want an honest opinion I don't look in the mirror, I just ask my husband. One of the many who used to trip over his jaw whenever I walked into a room. Gosh, that sounds so sad. I want to be the hot mom at the PTA meetings. That's all I have and I want it!!!

Later,
Heather
  #75   ^
Old Tue, Jan-22-02, 07:29

Nope I don't update it if I gain a pound or 7 during TOM. I know that weight is only temporary and I don't need to stress myself out.

If I hold a weight steady for 3 days or more, that is when I change my profile. I know at that point it isn't a fluke of the scales and my body has actually let go of more fat