Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Wed, Feb-01-06, 12:08

Plan: Ketogenic/85-90%Carnivore
Stats: 298/206/168 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 71%

I am happy that others are finding success with this. It certainly has benefited me.

Here's wishing everyone continued success. :-)
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Wed, Feb-01-06, 13:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 385/338/225 Male 6'2
BF:
Progress: 29%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydaisy2
I started following Jiggy Puff's plan. I like that it is nutritionally sound and not just the shakes. I don't want to depend on the shakes for my WOL and I don't want weight gain when I'm on regular induction.
So far I've lost 2lbs in 2 days and couldn't be happier! I haven't been hungry at all.

It's different for everyone. I had a normal meal (non Atkins) a few days ago and lost 2 pounds, but I exercise at least 5 days a week including lifting heavy weights. Whatever works, use it.
  #93   ^
Old Wed, Feb-01-06, 16:06

Stats: 146/128/130 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 113%

Hi Jiggy Puff,

I'm here.

Carol
  #94   ^
Old Wed, Feb-01-06, 16:27

Stats: 254/215/150 Female 64"
BF:C198/T126/H53/L120
Progress: 38%

jIGGY, WHATS IN YOUR SHAKES? aRE THE YTHE CANNED KIND?
  #95   ^
Old Thu, Feb-02-06, 01:15

Plan: Ketogenic/85-90%Carnivore
Stats: 298/206/168 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by scthgharpy
jIGGY, WHATS IN YOUR SHAKES? aRE THE YTHE CANNED KIND?

Yes, I drink the Atkin's canned 2 carbs and 20g protein each.
WalMart $4.96 for a box of 4

Please note I am not doing just shakes. I do not believe doing just shakes is very healthy or wise.This is a modified plan which if you look in previous posts you will see what it is that I have been doing.
THANKS
  #96   ^
Old Thu, Feb-02-06, 02:47

BF:

I hope no one is advocating doing shakes alone, that would be very unhealthy and possibly very harmful.
  #97   ^
Old Thu, Feb-02-06, 08:46

Plan: Aspiring Paleo
Stats: 144/136/127 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 47%

Hi JiggyPuff, Petrsn, Lady808, and Scott9050!

How's it going? I am still plugging along. I have been doing a shake for breakfast, lc snack, shake for lunch, lc snack, and induction dinner. I haven't lost any weight, but I feel fantastic and I am maintaining. Anywho, I haven't been exercising because I have been super busy at work, but hopefully once I am running again, I'll lose these last few pounds.

Glad to hear you are all doing so awesome! Keep posting and letting us know how it's going. Or, stop by my journal and say hi!

Cheers,
Andie
  #98   ^
Old Thu, Feb-02-06, 12:48

Plan: general lowcarb
Stats: 247/149/120 Female 5ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 77%

Hi everyone,
Oh definately not doing shakes alone!! I do two high protein shakes, along with low carb snacks and suppers. I like to doctor mine up with banana, sugar free chochalate syrup,etc. They're so good!If I am hungry then I eat something so this is in noway a fast for me. I started this nutritional program last Friday I believe, at 221.5 and today I weighed myself and I am 210.5!! So I am very estatic about these results.

P.S. I am sooo happy to be able to see other people using protein shakes as a meal replacement because now I dont feel like so many people are rolling their eyes at me for doing something different if that makes any sense?

Last edited by petersn78 : Thu, Feb-02-06 at 15:31.
  #99   ^
Old Thu, Feb-02-06, 15:09

Stats: 204/148.6/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 70%

I'm glad this plan is working for JP, but I think the title of this thread and referring to the plan as a "shake fast" is a misnomer.

Quote:
Please understand I don't recommend just shakes only; you need the extra protein and fats to keep your calories at a safe level. Also the fat helps with controling your hunger and rate of loss. This is why this is a modified plan that was nutritionally verified by FitDay.

She later started calling her plan the "Shake-Fat Fast". I personally don't consider it a "fast" at all.

Foods eaten include the shakes, hard boiled eggs, olives, flaxmeal, splenda, cinnamon, cream, bacon, lettuce, olives, macadamia nuts, chicken breast, mayo, water, and diet soda.

Quote:
Total calorie- 1512

Total fat- 106g

Total carbs- 39g

Total fiber- 23g

Net carbs- 16g

Total protein- 111g

That is 65% FAT , 4% CARB , 30% PROTEIN

I guess I'm just concerned that those who come in read the title and/or don't read the entire thread are going to have the wrong impression about this being an "Atkins Shake Fast". And although someone who exclusively drinks processed, pre-made lowcarb shakes for a few weeks may have great results, weight-wise, it isn't necessarily a safe thing to do.

I wonder if the title of this thread could be changed to something more accurate?

Jen

PS. I just wanted to add that I think JP has done a great job about clarifying the misunderstandings about her plan that have arisen in this thread. I think it's the title that's confusing. HTMS.

Last edited by LCJen : Thu, Feb-02-06 at 15:20.
  #100   ^
Old Thu, Feb-02-06, 16:20

Stats: 175/145/135 Female 5'4
BF:idunno
Progress: 75%

Hi, all
Ok, ok, update from the diet...
Its been a week, with just my way: one shake for breakfast, one shake for lunch, and low-carb dinner...
And I have lost 4.5 pounds...
That's better than I have expected. The shakes that Im drinking is the low carb ones from Slim Fast. I gotta tell you though, that at first or the second day, I hated the taste! I swear! But now, I just cant get enough of it. It tastes pretty good to me now. Go figure. I guess that its an aquired taste. Im not really hungry for lunch and dinner. Im too busy at work for snacks, however, when I am really hungry I scrap up some leftovers for snack, or have the shake for a snack and have the leftovers for lunch. Doesnt matter.
I think this plan is a good plan for me to follow. Im an on-the-go kind of person so I dont have time to go and cook LC meals for me and such. So the shakes are a must for me for work.
The only problem is that its costly. But not as costly as buying regular lunch (its half as much). But I hope that I am able to continue this regimen for 4 more months.
Thanks Jiggy Puff for the idea. I will let you guys know whats the update in another week. Wish me luck again.
  #101   ^
Old Thu, Feb-02-06, 16:28

BF:

For me I put them in the blender with ice, and OMG sooo good! I use the herbalife protein shakes.I've tried the slimfast ones but I didnt care for them much. You're doing awesome lady808!! Keep it up!
  #102   ^
Old Thu, Feb-02-06, 18:34

Plan: Organic/Dr. Berg
Stats: 239/201.6/150 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:
Progress: 42%

Hello Everyone,
As a LCer that has been stuck at the same weight and measurements since September, I've been looking for a way to break my stall. I've found that doing regular induction hinders my workouts so much that I just can't eat that way. I would like to give this plan a try, and have read all of the posts. Just one major thing concerns me......the taste. I bought some premade atkins strawberry shakes about 2 years ago, and the taste was SOOO bad (in my humble opinion of course ) that I only had one of the four before I threw them out. I saw some suggestions- adding SF syrups, coffee, etc. Any fellow picky drinkers out there that can give me some more ideas on how to make the shakes appealing enough that I could get them down? I DO NOT like chocolate drinks, period. So probably a vanilla base with stuff added to it. I know I'm picky, sorry. The strawberry shake reminded me of peptobismo (sp?)
Thanks in advance-
Seanna
  #103   ^
Old Thu, Feb-02-06, 18:38

BF:

Hi truckgirl,
I would suggest the herbalife protein shakes. I like the chochalate ones but since you're not a fan of the chochalate I would suggest the vanilla. You can add all sorts of fruits and such, or the cookies n cream shake with blueberries OMG!!
  #104   ^
Old Thu, Feb-02-06, 20:21

Plan: Atkins, M&E
Stats: 297/289/199 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

Drink it with a straw! Honestly, it makes a difference. I bought a can of Keto Banana powder and it was gross. But I spent all the money on it and had it shipped so I made myself drink it! The straw helps to not taste it.
  #105   ^
Old Thu, Feb-02-06, 20:44

BF:

Day 2 of my new cycle, 2 more pounds lost and 14 lost total this past week. I am happy because I have now lost a total of 30 pounds since I started, and because I am eating a decent dinner I have strength to workout in the mornings.