Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Australia / New Zealand
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-08-06, 02:50

Plan: Atkins (+m&e)
Stats: 320/310/190 Female 5ft  11"
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default WW's ,anyone else out there?

Hello everyone. I was Just was reading afew posts and noticed that Katzue is doing weightwatchers..............anyone else out there doing WW's too? Just curious as I am joining up this coming week myself and it is nice to know if afew others are on the same wagon! .
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-08-06, 07:22
Faux-foods=Doh!Foods

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 216/180/154 Female 168cm
BF:
Progress: 58%

I remember what I learnt about point counting if I feel a binge coming on - it keeps me within reason even if I'm eating the wrong foods.

Let us know how you go

e
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-13-06, 15:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 182.6/162/133 Female 61 inches
BF:What fat??
Progress: 42%

Hi there
Yup, I'm doing Weight Watchers & husband doing Atkins. It's a real mixed household!
Pam
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jan-14-06, 13:28
Faux-foods=Doh!Foods

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 216/180/154 Female 168cm
BF:
Progress: 58%

Hey Pamlyn,

That sounds like quite a mix! How is it all going for you?

e
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jan-15-06, 04:08

BF:

Hi again, Thats good to hear. I will come visit you from time to time. That sonds abit of a juggle there, two different eating plans in one kitchen LOL! Do you go to the WW mtgs?
I just replied to another thread..someone else is looking for anyone doing the WW's core plan. You heard of it or know where to go to find info?
DH is not that keen on me stayng on Atkins to long....reckons WW's better so that's why I was looking for info on the Core Program.Anyways I better hand over the computer to my daughter(she is playing 'My heart will go on' on the piano and waiting for me ) So will catchyou again soon.....really bedtime for this old night owl!!! Pamela
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jan-15-06, 04:27

Stats: 473/332/190 Male 75.6
BF:
Progress: 50%

Okay since you asked,
I have have had a bit of experience with Weight Watchers.

in 1998 I became a 'recorder' or person who collects the money. I started at 150 kilos and got down to 119 kilos.

I was starving all the time and doing an hour of walking everyday. Eventually I couldn't keep it up and I went off the diet (once getting together with my fiancee). Fast forward to the last time I joined up at Weight Watchers and I weighed in at 215 kilos.

I know the plan (at the time) backwards and even ran a few meetings when the 'leader' failed to turn up.

My opinion (such as it is) is a negative one of Weight Watchers. I gave a lot (including money) and simply got a plan that was doomed (for me).

Hey when I was loosing weight I was thinking "This works for me!" But it wasn't.

MY advice for anyone contemplating WW, is to buy The Dr Atkins book, actually read it, and follow it to the letter!
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Jan-15-06, 04:31

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamy1
DH is not that keen on me stayng on Atkins to long....reckons WW's better so that's why I was looking for info on the Core Program.

With respect, I believe your DH is wrong.

Try and find people that have lost a significant amount of weight on WW and you will find that there are not that many.

The amount of mobidly obese ladies that would walk in the door, hand me their Lifetime Member cards and tell me they are rejoining was enormous!

To become a Lifetime member you must get to goal, and be at goal for 6 weeks on their maintenance plan. Of the two years I volunteered at my local WW meeting, one person got to goal (The mother of the weigher).
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Jan-15-06, 14:34

BF:

Hello there Dave! Well..........OK that sure is SOME food for thought!!
I appreciate your advice. I guess someone is making 'good ' out of it at the end of the day($$$) .Maybe I might be better to invest in my own digital scales and weigh in at home !Think I will quietly carryon as I am for abit and see how things pan out! I have a friend in Melbourne who knows afew who have lost well on Atkins. He works for getronics. Thanks for taking the time to reply Dave.That's what I love about this forum......everyone is so friendly and helpful!Have a good day
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jan-16-06, 04:42
Registered Member

Stats: 205/194/130 Female 163 cm, 64 inch
BF:do not want :(
Progress: 15%

I think you're better off doing this at home too. If your DH is a doubter now he won't be when the weight starts to come off. My DH and I are doing this together and have put a few tools in place to help us.

We've made a spreadsheet to record all our losses - with graphs so it's easy to follow. We weigh in on Sunday mornings, measure once a month and take a photo every three months. This way we can track exactly what's happening.

With the great support on this site there's nothing we can't achieve.

Good luck.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jan-16-06, 20:48

Plan: Low GI/cal
Stats: 254.1/232.5/132 Female 164 cm
BF:
Progress: 18%

I read a thread somewhere that said that WW was the core of the south beach diet...........Perhaps you could do a comparison?
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jan-17-06, 05:18

BF:

Sanfar and Kaz..........Hi and thanks for astopping by here!
What a neat way to stay motivated by taking your pics and plotting your weightloss on a graph.
Yeah.........I have since decided that I won't be joining in there. If I do follow similar plan will do it at home. Right now I amd having fruit for breakfast mostly and salad and meat/fish at lunch and dinner. Sometimes vegies in place of salad depending What I feel like eating! My stomach feel hollow but not hungry. Trying to get that water down but I struggle somedays.
I am not having bread pasta , ice ,potatoes and such
like. Guess abit like SB phase 1 but I am having the fruit I also am not measuring exactly my nonfat milk portions in my cups of tea/coffee.We shall see what happens sooner or later Pamela
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Jan-17-06, 12:35

Plan: LC/GF/IF
Stats: 237.0/223.6/174.6 Female 5 ft 10 in
BF:42%.
Progress: 21%

Hi Dreamy and welcome aboard. My experience with WW was not good, either. I always felt like a walking time bomb. Even when I wasn't hungry my nerves would stretch to the breaking point. Poor hubby!

On Atkins I feel great, I feel rewarded, and I'M LOSING WEIGHT! It's a change on how we view food and ourselves. For myself I would rather forgo the carbs and enjoy my cream based and butter topped veggies, fruits, and meats.

As someone who absolutely detested water, and for the most part still does, I took a page from the Fat Flush Plan. I take one cup of Knudsen's Just Cranbery juice and add it to 56 oz water and add in liquid stevia so its just slightly sweet. Then I take 1 cup of that and add it to about 24-28 oz water and drink that. I carry a 32 oz sipper around and most days I get in about 100 oz--a great feat of accomplishment for me. It raises the carbs a bit but I lost throught induction.
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Feb-28-06, 00:19
Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein!!
Stats: -/-/- Female 162 cm
BF:unknown
Progress: 1600%

I had a bad experience with weight watchers too. I lost for a little while, then stopped losing, lost my 'cycle', turned bright yellow from filing my starving tummy with carrots every day, and ended up with CFS.

I have found that the Schwarzbein Principle is really working for me - my advice to anyone would be to not restrict calories (I destroyed my metabolism that way), and not to cut out entire food groups. I didn't eat fat on any kind for a year... the consequences weren't good!!

Just my two cents
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Mar-01-06, 03:47

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizlea
I had a bad experience with weight watchers too. I lost for a little while, then stopped losing, lost my 'cycle', turned bright yellow from filing my starving tummy with carrots every day, and ended up with CFS.

I have found that the Schwarzbein Principle is really working for me - my advice to anyone would be to not restrict calories (I destroyed my metabolism that way), and not to cut out entire food groups. I didn't eat fat on any kind for a year... the consequences weren't good!!

Just my two cents

You are soo right about the calories!
I am against consciously restricting intake of calories provided that:-
* one is not over-eating
* You are burning calories - through activity
* and of course your carbs are very low

I know what you say about food groups, but the one thing I will restrict is carbs!

Last edited by LC_Dave : Wed, Mar-01-06 at 03:55.
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Mar-02-06, 16:40
Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein!!
Stats: -/-/- Female 162 cm
BF:unknown
Progress: 1600%
Talking

LC_Dave, I agree. I'm not saying everyone should eat five apples! I just meant I don't think it would be a good idea to eliminate carbs altogether. I restrict mine too!!

Good luck with your journey