Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Tue, Jan-31-06, 14:45

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%

Hi fellow woggers

Unfortunately, my wogging plans for this week have not worked out - have not been well since Saturday afternoon (major migraine and have not felt good since). Not sure what triggered the migraine, but it's the first one I've had for quite a while.

Anyway, it meant that I didn't get to do my 5 mile power walk with intermittant wogging on Sunday, or start my Week 1 again yesterday.

Hoping to get back to it tomorrow

Read this article in one of the UK newspapers today and thought that you all might be interested in reading it too: Run for your life
As it's a series, I'll try and post the links each time it's published as well.

Cathy, congrats on completing W3D3 Good luck with starting Week 4 - looking forward to hearing how you got on. Did you manage to find the shoes at a cheaper price?

Purvi, good luck with finishing up W1 tomorrow ~ re your calves, I find that the yoga position of Downward Facing Dog is great for stretching them out - you might find this article from Yoga Journal helpful too.

Christina, well done on getting to Week 4 - a great achievement IMO in itself Who cares if you didn't quite finish - at least you got that far!

tiodnaci, WTG! on completing Week 1 and good luck with starting Week 2 tomorrow

Happy Wogging
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Tue, Jan-31-06, 18:15

Plan: Semi South Beach
Stats: 167.5/138/130 Female 66.6 inches
BF:
Progress: 79%

Demi - Thanks for the link to the yoga article. I will definitely be taking a look at it.

Let us know how day 1 goes!

Purvi
  #78   ^
Old Wed, Feb-01-06, 07:41

Plan: To Stay Sane
Stats: 275/239.4/224 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 70%

Attempted to do day 2 of week 4 of the cool runnings this morning and O M G. I'm okay until the final rep of 3 mins jog, 90 sec walk, 5 mins jog. I just cannot complete that last 5 mins for anything -- my leg hurts during that last rep, and I just feel soooooo heavy. I'm gonna keep at it, though. Gonna keep on PUSH PUSH PUSHing.... I'll prolly end up doing the week over again next week -- until I can complete the entire workout.
  #79   ^
Old Wed, Feb-01-06, 09:25

BF:

superaunt - I think you are headed in the right direction. Just keep going and if you can't complete it, then try again. I agree that you should repeat any weeks/days that you didn't fully complete. I would think if you once you complete it, your body is more ready for the week ahead.

I didn't fully complete day 3 week 1 because I had to take breaks so I'm going to repeat day 3 and hopefully start week 2 on Saturday.

Purvi
  #80   ^
Old Thu, Feb-02-06, 06:34

Plan: moderate carb, WW
Stats: 274/245.2/200 Male 5 feet 9 inches
BF:36%
Progress: 39%

Hi all, having run mush lately, but I did get in a 2 mile wogg last night. I did do more walking that jogging, but I got it done!!!
  #81   ^
Old Thu, Feb-02-06, 06:39

BF:

Hello

I finished up week 1 today. I hope to move onto week 2 Saturday or Sunday.

Demi - where you able to get your wogging in yesterday?

niudog - that's great you got in two miles of wogging. I'm only at 1.5 miles. I wog very slowly

Purvi
  #82   ^
Old Thu, Feb-02-06, 11:39

Plan: moderate carb, WW
Stats: 274/245.2/200 Male 5 feet 9 inches
BF:36%
Progress: 39%

Quote:
Originally Posted by neela26
... I wog very slowly...
Purvi

Yeah, me too. DS is 13 and he thinks he's pretty cool walking uphill faster that dad can wog. I dont mind though. It builds his self esteem and we are out exercising together!!!

Last edited by niudog : Fri, Feb-03-06 at 08:44.
  #83   ^
Old Thu, Feb-02-06, 12:02
DRAGON SLAYER

Plan: yep- its a plan
Stats: 245/000/160 Female 62
BF:sz24/ sz16/ sz8
Progress: 288%

Hi everybody.... WTG.. you are all doing so well.. I am proud... SCOTTY!! Good to see you here bud!!

Well.. decided that I am gonna stick with week 3 one more week since I have been sick.... so tonight... day 1 of week 3.... next week I think I will be prepared for week 4.

I will let you all know how it goes.

Still have not purchased new shoes.. still looking.

Everyone have a great Thursday!!

XXOO
  #84   ^
Old Thu, Feb-02-06, 13:27

Plan: Atkins/BFL
Stats: 190/147/145 Female 61 inches
BF:39/??/20
Progress: 96%
Question I wanna get off the couch

I like this plan. I'm heading to the gym after work for my first walk/jog. For people using the treadmill to jog: how fast is your brisk walk and/or jog? I consider 3.9 (to be exact) on the treadmill to be a brisk walk and 5.5-jogging but then again I'm a slacker (with short legs). Lol.

Good luck everyone.

-Avril
  #85   ^
Old Thu, Feb-02-06, 13:55

BF:

If that's slacking, Avril, I must be in the grave or something!!! My "brisk" walk is 3.5 and my "jog" is 4.5... anything faster and I feel like I'm gonna die. So 5.5 is definitely NOT slacking! You go girl!
  #86   ^
Old Thu, Feb-02-06, 14:26

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%

My walk is usually around 4 or 4.5mph and my jog between 5.8 and 6.2 mph.

The walk is mainly because I have been power walking on a regular basis for months and my pace is usually between 4 and 4.5mph. I'm actually aiming to get my walking pace up to 5mph as I'm hoping to take part in a power walking marathon (The MoonWalk) for charity - I'm hoping that wogging will get me there - I find that I'm beginning to be able to walk at a much faster pace than normal between each jog My problem, at the moment, is sustaining the time I spend jogging

I did wog yesterday - back to Week1 - see gym log for full details. It was OK, but I was still feeling a bit below par so was slower than I have been.

Avril ~ welcome! I'm sure that everyone else here will agree that it's always nice to see a new face join the challenge

Christina ~ I've said it before, and I'll definitely say it again, I love the way you PUSH, PUSH, PUSH ~ you'll soon be finishing Week4 in style and moving on to Week 5

Purvi ~ good luck with moving on to Week 2 - I'd love to say that I'll be joining you, but I know that I'll be sticking with Week 1 for a couple more weeks until I don't find it so hard - slowly, slowly for me I'm afraid.

niudog ~ congrats on 2 miles of wogging ~ who cares if there was more walking than jogging, at least you got out there and did something

Cathy ~ sorry to hear that you've been sick too Hope Week 3 goes well for you

Happy Wogging
  #87   ^
Old Thu, Feb-02-06, 15:06

Plan: Atkins/BFL
Stats: 190/147/145 Female 61 inches
BF:39/??/20
Progress: 96%
Smile

Thanks for the feedback everyone. It makes sense that we each have our own pace. I'm definitely excited about joining this group. Thank you for the welcome.

Demi- Good luck training for the power walkathon. I'd like to do something like that this coming summer.

-Avril AKA "former slacker" (thanks for the compliment superaunt)
  #88   ^
Old Thu, Feb-02-06, 18:14

BF:

Demi - Too funny...... My JOG is 4.5 and my walk is 3.4. No wonder week 1 went pretty well for me! I can't jog fast, I never could. About 2 years ago I used to be able to run 3 miles, but it was a very slow 3 miles.
  #89   ^
Old Fri, Feb-03-06, 01:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 302/298.2/250 Female 5.6
BF:Oh My!
Progress: 7%

Confession time - I have been a HUGE slacker and haven't wog'd all week I am so ashamed. I've just felt so lazy and haven't wanted to make the effort. It's kinda got me bummed, but I am going to get back with it tomorrow...er, today - it's like 1am and I can't sleep. Hmmm, I bet I'd sleep better if I moved my big butt Okay, enough pity party for me, I'm gonna be serious and make a goal for myself to be diligent about my wogging for the next week. Time to get it in gear - no more slacking for me! Week 2 begins immediately! Well, it begins in a few hours. I'm gonna try to go to sleep for a bit.

Congrats to all on your respective progress this week. You should all be so proud of yourselves! Happy Friday and best wishes for a wogful day
  #90   ^
Old Fri, Feb-03-06, 09:31

BF:

No worries Tio -- I haven't gotten on the treadmill the past two days! I'll restart week 4 Monday. No worries. There's always tomorrow!

PS I like your new avatar!!!