Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Jan-03-02, 11:15
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Smile Sh'ra!

So glad to see you! Hope you and Victoria get better!
I'm alittle worried. I weighed myself and I weigh 280! I lost 3 lbs from yesterday! Just letting you know whats been happening this last few weeks. Because of Christmas and all, my money has been very short. I've been spending $50 on food for my whole family and Tony. Last night for example we had a chicken breast each with a little bit of broccoli/cauliflower. We are all tired and weak. We have to go for another week like this then money will be much better. I actually returned my scale to refund the $50 it cost! I'm not asking for help just a compassionate ear.
This morning I weighed my children and Jenna lost another pound making that 3lbs this past week. And Christopher lost 4! Tony, who can't go on a scale has lost 3 inches around his waist and and inch everywhere else. I have lost 9lbs in a week. To me, this is too fast. Poor Tony is going through carb withdrawals and is hungry all the time. I'm buying more meat and cans of tuna, tonight. Phew! That was a mouthful. But sometimes its great just to say what's on your mind. Lets face it, $50 doesn't go as far per week on an LC plan vs any other way of eating...
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-02, 15:36
Registered Member

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 351/327/199 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%
Smile I missed the 299 coutdown

I didn't get a chance to join the 299 countdown and when I went to the gym this morning and weighed, I was at 297.8. I thought I better join the group before I miss out on anything during our journey.

Lessara sorry to hear about your touble. Christmas did it to me too. I don't know how old your kids are but I would buy some rice, beans and potatos for them. I know it's not lowcarb but they need to eat. It should be better for everyone after a few weeks and we all get caught up.

Take care

Kathie36
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-02, 14:40

Plan: Careful Low Carb Plan
Stats: 335/295/180 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 26%
Talking I'm almost there!

Whoo hoo, I'm almost there! I woke up today and my scale was singing to me. I've lost another 2 pounds, so I only need to lose another 3 to get down to 275! Yeah! And I had Lasagna last night! It was No Noodle Lasagna, but what a trip to lose weight after having Lasagna. Well, anyways... Yippee! Victoria
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-02, 16:24
Registered Member

Plan: FatLocity (as of 10 March 02)
Stats: 291/276/175
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Hi All

Well, I originally thought I was gonna lose weight so fast in the beginning I would go straight for the 250 goal initially. Seems it has been a little tougher than thought for me to drop the pounds, so I need to focus on getting down to 275. HI here I am.

I'm sure you will all understand when I say that I hope my visit here in this forum is a short one

Kim
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Jan-07-02, 11:24
Everyday Sane Psycho

Cool Hi all

Victoria - how do you make no noodle lasagna? I know what you mean. I have to lose only 5lbs to be at 275.

Sh'ra - How are you feeling? I was worried about you.

This weekend went really well. I made some new recipes. I made Cauliflower rice with cooked diced peppers and green onion
(I had made curry chicken and put it over it... Mmmmm)
I also made zuccini fettagini (Man oh Man I can't spell!) with a lemon alfredo sauce (again, Mmmm). I made almond crusted chicken with that. Which was good but... abit too nutty for me.
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Jan-07-02, 16:13

BF:
Default Low Carb Lasagna

Hi Lessara,
This is the website I found the No Noodle Lasagna: http://www.laguna2001.com/barbo/index.pl

But there's also one on this site.(I found it in the Quick n' Easy Diner section) Only the difference is the one I made had zucchini sliced lengthwise to be pretend noodles. I liked it that way because it gave some crunch and texture to the meat and cheese mixture.

Always good to see your lovely face K-Louise. I'm sure we all understand how you feel. But I'm sure we can all go at this together. Victoria

Last edited by Victoria : Mon, Jan-07-02 at 16:25.
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-02, 11:26
Everyday Sane Psycho

Cool Hi

Thanks, Victoria! I didn't find the no noodle Lasigna but I did find a great almond crust recipe

I'm doing ok. I've been feeling very fatigued but I'm sure its from all the housecleaning I've been doing plus work. I'm hydrated so I know its not water. I am alittle hungry but I've been getting three meals... I'm trying to split my lunch between 11 and 1 to see if that helps. How are the rest of you doing?
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Jan-14-02, 11:11
Everyday Sane Psycho

Smile Hello

I got my scale back again on Sunday... I weighed 286. I'm not unhappy about this mainly due to the fact I had such a weird weekend and its probable the result of it that I gained 6lbs.
How is everyone else doing?
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-02, 01:12

Plan: atkins
Stats: 295/295/150
BF:
Progress:
Talking Brand new-bie

Just a quick Hi and Hello. I just started the atkins diet today! Hope to see 275 soon. Hope ya'll don't mind if I tag along for the ride.

Lesley
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-02, 07:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 315/283/170 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 22%
Cool

Hi Leslie!
This is my second week into Induction, so far, so good!

I guess I should get into this group also!
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-02, 09:35

Plan: atkins
Stats: 295/295/150
BF:
Progress:
Cool

Hey Darla
It is so great to find people my same size wanting to drop the weight. I hope to be able to go out and by something new when I hit my first goal. How was the first week for you??

Lesley
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-02, 09:52

Plan: Dr. R. Atkins
Stats: 325/?????/170
BF:
Progress: 23%
Smile Me too!! Me too!!

Hi!

Lessara - finally made it to this group...........

I would like to join in okay?

Doing okay.

A Thin Me
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-02, 13:21

BF:

Hey Lessara,
Guess what? I passed up 275 in one day! It has to do with going to the doctor's and weighing there and realizing my scale was weighing me almost 10 pounds too heavy. So today I changed my stats...I like good news!!! So I'll see you around in the 250 group...and everywhere else around this forum. Victoria
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-02, 17:14
Registered Member

Plan: FatLocity (as of 10 March 02)
Stats: 291/276/175
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default 7 to go

Welcome Leslie.. the more the merrier.

Ok.. those of you who have read my journal will know its been a bumpy ride for me to tweak this WOE so that the scales go down, and not up. I did induction, then bought the new book and learned about the no nuts, limit cheese, The AS limit, blah blah, so I did induction again based on the new book. 4 weeks later, at my weight in today, I am down 8.5 pounds. Well, sure I know its not the 15+ pounds most will lose in the first 4 weeks, but I'm glad I've found a way to do this where it seems to be working (albeit slowly).

I'm gonna keep working on it. In the meantime, i'm looking forward to hitting that 275 mark.

Cheers
Kim
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-02, 09:11

BF:
Thumbs up Cheers to Kim!!!

K-Louise,
I am so excited that you are doing so well. Gosh, I think 8.5 pounds in a month is exceptional! I think slow and steady will pay off better than a fast weight loss. You don't want to do it TOO FAST because then your skin may not catch up right away. Of course everyone here wants the weight to drop right off, but it doesn't work that way. Part of the experience is the journey and the learning along the way. Don't you think. I have been so large for so long...I think it will take time to get used to not having that "persona". I look forward to being "normal" sized, but I know it will take a long time to not be checking out the furniture to see if I'm going to FIT. What I think I'm trying to say, is that we need the time to adjust.

Again...yay for you! I'm glad you kept trying and didn't give up. Victoria