Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Sat, Nov-05-05, 09:45

Plan: LC/hypoglycemic friendly
Stats: 204/207/140 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:?
Progress: -5%

bsheets... welcome aboard!! The more the merrier.

Started my day with some bacon and scrambled eggs. Also cracked open a soda-- but it is caffeine free. That's a good start to a Saturday. Scale is still creeping down... see you all ARE good for me! lol!

Happy Saturday! Hope most of you have the day off and can enjoy it!

Dawn
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Sat, Nov-05-05, 11:24
Water-Ski Chic :-)

Plan: Healthy LC :-)
Stats: 149/132.5/141 Female 65
BF:20/14.5/15
Progress: 206%
Talking

Hey Peeps.... Well Saturday is here... Yipeee... And I have to go to work for a bit... Oh well, it is all overtime...

SO nice to see all the new faces and all of the original peeps. I am so excited about this challenge and everyone that is in

Well I finished making up all of my goals and the inches you see are from the waist, hips, butt, thigh and knee..... If you want to be REALLY bored you can read the logic behind it in my journal Ok so this week there has been a little bit of a weight issue, and for this challenge I only want to focus on the inches, but I will keep a running total of the wight... on "Da List" 1st day of induction, that is not the true induction but a little modified. I will be back in a bit to check on everyone... Kim

"Da List"
Akasha: 138
Daisy-Duke:143

golflady59: 190
Lonewolf: 122
Meplus1: 143
redefine: 138
rodmick: 160
PurpleJane: 194
  #48   ^
Old Sat, Nov-05-05, 20:08

Plan: Restarted LCHF 1/22/17
Stats: 288.8/160.2/135 Female 5' 1.5"
BF:66.1%/33.5%/24%
Progress: 84%

Dawn - how on earth does one make a bean bag weight 100 lbs!? LOL

Well, we had a pretty busy day today. We got up (later than i wanted to) and headed over to the laundromat with 2 weeks of laundry. At least we made it two weeks this time instead of only a week. We had A LOT of laundry though. Cost us about $27, but for two weeks wroth that's not that bad. I can't wait until we get our water softener/purifier fixed so we can do laundry at home though! The good thing about the laundromat is it is ALL done in like 2 hours. LOL.

We came home, i cleaned up the house a bit and Chris put the new faucet on teh kitchen sink. I made turkey sandwhiches (LC "bread" for me) and LC cole slaw for lunch. That was yummy. I love cole slaw. The new faucet is nice! Water doesn't spray all over hte place when you turn it on anymore! LOL. Then chris finally took down teh rest of hte plywood from Wilma that we'd never gotten around to doing, and put up some shelves in the garage so we have a place to put all our motorcycle helmets and stuff.

We have SOOOO many projects we still need to get done. The closet drawers need fixing (so i can bring the rest of my clothes from my mom's house), we need to go to Sam's Club and stock up on meat, as all we've got left is chicken, we have stuff still to bring from my mom's house, I need to vacuum and mop the floor really bad. LOL. Oh well, it'll get done eventually.

We went out to dinner tonight to celebrate a lot of things. Us moving in together, my new job, etc. We went to this little place that does a bike night sometimes, to check it out, although tonight wasn't bike night. They did have a classic car show going on tonight though, so that was cool. I had pork chops and veggies and salad. Good food.

I need to look through my cookbooks and see what interesting things i want to try this coming week.
  #49   ^
Old Sat, Nov-05-05, 21:00

Talking

Sue... You sure do have a lot of things going on... But I am glad you had time to take out for yourselves You are right about the laundry though, having it all done in 2 hours is pretty darn cool if you ask me

I had to ask along with Sue... Your stinkin bean bag is REALLY heavy.... You got it loaded up with marbles

Day one pretty easy, I figured out I would do the SBD phase one... (I can't seem to get away from low fat ) So I had to make that decision this morning..... ) I am slightly modified so it is not like I plan on seeing any HUGE numbers turn around like the book says ..... But I needed to get back to that way of thinking

Well I just had some soup and I think I'll clean a little and then do my very first CST.. The pilates X2 is already done
  #50   ^
Old Sat, Nov-05-05, 22:26

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 255/250/175 Female 65.5"
BF:Size 22/16-18/10
Progress: 6%

Alright, I've been thinking about this and I want to be in and I want to rock this challenge this time! (didn't do so good on the last one) I really need this. I looked at the list and it looks like I'll be the "heaviest" one here, but that's ok. I can handle it. One thing though is that I don't have a digital camera readily available to me, so I will have to see what I can do about posting a body pic. I do have a camera on my cell phone, but it is not the best quality of picture...will see.

My goals:
#1: To lose 5lbs by Thanksgiving - so 209 by then.
#2: To reach "Onederland" by 1/1/06
#3: I will allow myself ONE "cheat" item on Thanksgiving and on Christmas eve and will prepare plenty of legal goodies to eat too (like pumpkin bars, mashed cauli, artichoke dip...)

Personal Goal: Will make it the gym atleast 3x a week for either cardio or strength training. Will drink at least 64 oz of water each day.

"Da List"
Akasha: 138
Daisy-Duke:143
golflady59: 190
Lonewolf: 122
Meplus1: 143
redefine: 138
rodmick: 160
pinkclouds: 214
PurpleJane: 194
  #51   ^
Old Sat, Nov-05-05, 22:48

Plan: General
Stats: 170.6/170.6/130 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 0%

28 days cheat free

weight=142!!!!!! YAY

Yesterday I officially have lost more than I have left to lose!!
I am very excited about it.

Looks like evryone's doing a great job!!

I am thinking of allwoing myself ONE cheat on Thanksgiving and ONE on Christmas, but I dont know I have been doing so well I might just say forget it
  #52   ^
Old Sat, Nov-05-05, 23:09

Talking

Welcome Pink Clouds Rock it!!! I am so glad you are part of the Peeps 2005... And just remember, you have got everyone of us to depend on and to keep you motivated Can you make sure I complete all my goals too I seriously ned the motivation.....
Yeah K... A new weight loss loss.... Way to go, you are doing all the right things... Maybe there is something to not cheating

Well I just completed my first ever CST and I am sweating like a pig... Holy smokes they have a lot of energy..... I tried to keep up the best I could... I can only get better

Have a great Saturday night everyone Kim
  #53   ^
Old Sun, Nov-06-05, 11:43

Plan: ?????
Stats: 239.9/196/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 46%

Just a quick check in! I was so wiped fri night and sat I never made it here.
I bombed on the pilates fri. Eatting is good though!
Way to go K!!!!!!!
Sorry no pic! I still need to remember to buy batteries!
  #54   ^
Old Sun, Nov-06-05, 13:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 234/189/147 Female 63 inches
BF:Yep.. still there!
Progress: 52%

hello! just a quick post.. as not a lot of time this week for some reason.

No more weight loss at the moment other than a lb the other day.
But coming up to the end of week 4 I am pleased to say i've lost 13lbs and DH has lost 17.

Still sticking to plan though so should lose soon.

Must drink more water though! kick my butt!!
  #55   ^
Old Sun, Nov-06-05, 14:53

OK, go the digital camera all hooked up to the computer. Unfortunately, this is a REALLY BAD picture of me! LOL. My before and after picture is a much better one. I'm not sure if the capris just make me look short and stout or what the deal was, but anyway, here's the picture! LOL

#56   ^
Old Sun, Nov-06-05, 15:11

Talking

WOW Sue you look fantastic..... Holy smokes, what a difference Yeah you are going to make such a beautiful bride........
  #57   ^
Old Sun, Nov-06-05, 17:59

Thanks Kim. The new dress they ordered me is STILL too big! I am going to schedule my first fitting soon, just in case they have to order me ANOTHER dress! LOL. I'm really trying to maintain where i am at now, as i can't just keep ordering new wedding dresses! LOL.

Weight-wise i'm still bouncing around 122-123 for the end of last week. That's OK. I'm happy here. I don't really want to lose much more. Chris already says i'm bony. LOL. He said i'm like a bird today, petite, skinny and light as a feather. HA! I'm not THAT little! LOL

OK, i'm going to do a little C&P from my journal here, as i want to share all of this since it pertains to my goals.

I got my new recipe in this week already, and it's only Sunday! LOL. We found some yummy looking ribs that were a great cut at Sam's Club today. They werne't fatty at all like the last ribs we got (i don't like fat on my meat, i have an issue with slimy things). Since i am LC AND i hate BBQ sauce, last time Chris just seasoned my ribs, but this time i looked through my cookbooks to get some ideas for a sauce of some sort. Out of Dana Carpender's 500 more LC recipes came the answer!

I modified the recipe to suit me, and cut it back drastically, as it called for something like 7 lbs of ribs, and it's just the two of us here and Chris has his with regular BBQ sauce, So i only needed to cover one slab.

The recipe was basically mostly mustard (i used dijon cuz it's what i had), soy sauce, vinegar (apple cider, as it's what i had), sweetener and pepper. They turned out SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good! YUMMY! I thought i'd never like ribs, and between bites of these i was telling chris "we have to make these again!" LOL
  #58   ^
Old Mon, Nov-07-05, 05:04

Plan: General
Stats: 170.6/170.6/130 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 0%

Thank you Kim & Michelle, It helps to have friends that give support like all of you guys do!!!

Sue, I just looked at your before and after, WOW you look great!!!! I noticed you are getting married soon. Congratulations, I wish you tons and tons of happiness

OK here's my weight and stuff for today,

29 days cheat free

weight=142

ONE more day and I finish the 30 day cheat free challenge...YAY I will keep going on after though I like to add a day every morning...lol
My eating has been good but not enough of it, I think Michelle is right and I am just totally stressed out with things back home, I will be glad when I can go home in May! I WAS going to allow myself a cheat on thanksgiving, But I dont want to put my "cheat free" days back to 1...So I will probably not cheat at all. Maybe Christmas if I am closer to goal!! I REALLY REALLY want to be at goal by the time I go home. I want you all to know your support really helps me alot. Thanks everyone

K
  #59   ^
Old Mon, Nov-07-05, 09:02

Talking

Yeah it Monday everyone..... Get up and out of bed and start movin' You know what's funny I am one of the last ones up everyday because I am on the West coast

Well the water is leaving my system and I am back at goal..... I have never been under goal... What if that happens??? As of right now the first two days have been really easy.... Eggs are getting me through, I usually don't eat the yolk and now I get too

Well I have a big day ahead so I am wishing everyone a good LC day Kim
  #60   ^
Old Mon, Nov-07-05, 09:10

Plan: LC/hypoglycemic friendly
Stats: 204/207/140 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:?
Progress: -5%

Good morning everyone! I can' help but tell you that this group ROCKS!! You guys are all really great. I just know we are all going to encourage each other to a great start for 2006!

I didn't get on yesterday because of school, and I came back laughing at all the bean bag comments. It's VERY large...like the size of a full size couch and filled with shaved foam. I HATE IT!!! Used to be my oldest son's "bed" in his room, then he traded it for something else and I needed to move it. Marbles? LOL! That MAY have made it easier to move.

Sue: You look fabulous! Thanks for sharing the picture with us. You should be so proud of yourself. Sounds like your life is shaping into something pretty wonderful with moving in with Chris, a wedding in the future, and you look damn good! Very happy for you!

I will try and get my picture in soon. I don't think it's much differant than the last one you saw of me, but other people tell me I look much differant... we'll see what the "veteran peeps" think.

This board is just full of positive vibes-- glad to have all the newbies with us too-- great to meet new people and new things added to the mix. Forgive me... there were alot of post to catch up on... so I know as I read I had comments for you guys, but really need to get back to work.

Have a great day guys, I will pop back in in awhile.