Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-31-05, 18:54
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%
Default Low Cal / Low Carb: November 2005

Welcome to the thread where we support one another in our quest to lose weight. Many of us are here because we stopped losing on other low-carb methods, so we turned to the good old, "Calories do count" philosophy.

Some of us are doing PSMF (see the What is PSMF in my signature). Some are just doing lower calorie. All of us enjoy the support from one another as we continue with the quest to figure out how the heck to get our stubborn bodies to give up the fat.

Some of us try to find out how to get the most recreation and flavor into our limited calorie consumptions, others are more ascetic, eschewing flavor for the discipline of eating for fuel. Some of us rotate higher carb/cal days with more deprivational days.

We have a recipe thread where we share ideas for low-cal/low-carb cooking. And if anyone wants to join me in the ultimate challenge of difficult cooking... add gluten-free onto that list of requirements

Welcome to November!

Nancy: 15 pounds lost on PSMF (currently just maintaining)
CindyG: 35.4 pounds since 6/21

Last edited by Nancy LC : Tue, Nov-01-05 at 10:42.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Oct-31-05, 19:03

Plan: A lifestyle change
Stats: 270/248/186 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 26%

Hi, I wanna join. After trying Atkins repeatedly and just going off and gaining, I tried PSMF, loved everything except I couldn't workout as long and as hard as I wanted and I love the gym. So, I made my own little modified plan where I average about 1500 calories a day for the week (some days a lot lower some days a lot higher) and average about 40 carbs a day in the same way, some days lower some days higher. Anyway, my stats do not reflect this because I left my original starting weight up there, pre-Atkins etc. but in the last four weeks I have lost 19 pounds! I have found what works for me, no sugar, no wheat, and counting carbs and calories. So I would love to have a thread that addressed my low calorie/carb needs, how great!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Oct-31-05, 19:31
Experimenter

BF:

Welcome to the low-cal gang! Grab a pick axe... we're breaking rocks today.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Nov-01-05, 07:55
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

Ahhhhhh, here we are!

I bought a 3 lb spaghetti squash, just before the hurricane hit. We've been eating tons of "spaghetti" with all kinds of yummy sauces. I've turned my partner onto FF cream cheese, and non fat sauces for our "spaghetti." It's been a good journey for both of us without any power..
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Nov-01-05, 09:53
Experimenter

BF:

The last time I prepared a spaghetti squash I didn't like it! I don't know why. It just tasted a bit funky to me. Maybe I undercooked it.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Nov-01-05, 10:39

Plan: PSMF
Stats: 328/255.0/150 Female 5' 6"
BF:52%/43%/20%
Progress: 41%

Morning Everyone.

I'm not a happy camper. I'm up another lb this morning. Not fair!! I'm sure it's water, my fingers are so swollen And it's a cheat meal night... I may actually pass up dessert! I so wanted to have posted a 40lb loss since 6/21. Now I can only post a 35.4lb loss... Oh...and I better see VT before the weekend again LOL
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Nov-01-05, 10:42
Experimenter

BF:

Darn water retention! I know the feeling!
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Nov-01-05, 13:29
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
The last time I prepared a spaghetti squash I didn't like it! I don't know why. It just tasted a bit funky to me. Maybe I undercooked it.

I haven't noticed any taste. I like the stringiness, which reminds me so much of Angel Hair. And when I load it up with a sauce, it fools my brain completely.

One night, I did a Bleu cheese sauce. Bleu cheese, ff cream cheese, roasted garlic, walnuts, roasted red peppers and I diluted it with water. (didn't have anything else).. it was simply divine.

Last night, I did olive oil, roasted red pepper, roasted garlic, walnuts and fresh basil. Still a knock out.

I looked over at C, after eating it 3 times in 7 days and said, "Is it still good?" she nodded.

But she said, after dinner, that if our power hasn't come on by tomorrow night, we're going to get dressed up and go eat somewhere, where someone will wait on us.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Nov-01-05, 18:34

Plan: PSMF (from Veg Atkins)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'7"
BF:BMI 41.8/29.6/23.5
Progress: 73%

Nancy-- maybe the Spaghetti Squash was going bad, hence the funky taste!

Nancy-- you can add me down for -20 on PSMF since Sept. 19. Thanks
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Nov-01-05, 19:31
Experimenter

BF:

Quote:
-20 on PSMF since Sept. 19.

Argh! I would but I can no longer edit the first post. Silly forum software.
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Nov-02-05, 00:27
Registered Member

Stats: 255/199.5/160 Male 68"
BF:
Progress: 58%

-26.5 since 9/8
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Nov-02-05, 08:44
Experimenter

BF:

Truffle is melting!

Well, my appetite is finally calming down a bit. Its either me adjusting to the thyroid meds or else that free meal really did the trick.
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Nov-02-05, 15:02

Plan: low cal, low carb
Stats: 196/145/140 Female 5'6.5
BF:23%
Progress: 91%

Hi all, missed the sofware deadline. Down 16 lbs since July 1. Its very slow going indeed now as I get closer to goal. But to me I still look too fat so it is going to be quite a while, and I think I should aim to get closer to maintenance calories over Xmas period for maybe a month, then get back to it to get the rest off. We'll see how I go and how I feel.

PB and Truffle are going well, and of course Cindy the unhappy camper is still the poster child.
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Nov-02-05, 20:52

Stats: 328/255.0/150 Female 5' 6"
BF:52%/43%/20%
Progress: 41%

psmf poster child checking in

I actually lost .2 after my cheat meal. How weird is that! 264.4 today. I suspect I'll have some water bounce tomorrow and hope to see a new low by Saturday. It could totally happen!

I'm off to bbq some chicken for dinner. What a shocker, I know!

Oh... Pinkquinn... VT is Virgin Territory for weight loss... and obviously Vermont too
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Nov-03-05, 10:44
Experimenter

BF:

I'm the PSMF poster child with the red circle and a line slicing diagonally across the picture.

Uh, anyway... after weeks of stalling I'm BACK at my low. However, what always happens when I see this number is that I bounce up 2 pounds immediately. So, today I got a brief visit with the number 165.6. We met like old friends who hadn't seen one another in 20 years and just briefly spy one another in the airport between flights. We have a quick chat then have to bustle off to catch our flights.

Will we ever meet again? Will I ever meet the fabled 164's?

Meanwhile, my eating has been pretty good. I tend to eat a little too much of the lowfat ricotta cheese I think. I found that I can put a dab of SF syrup in a tiny bowl, dump in a few Mincarb chocolate chips and nuke it for 20 seconds, then drop in some ricotta on top and mix it up and its quite tasty. I suppose I should stop buying the ricotta.