Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Best Of
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Sat, Dec-29-01, 13:51
Pending Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/145/120
BF:
Progress: 74%
I found out that nuts, too many pork rinds and too much diet jello and pudding causes me to stall. So this time around I am trying hard to void them. Nat, I will read about nicotine. I smoke a package a day I quit for a year and then had my first stroke and got mad and started again I am planning to quit the first of the year. Everyone wish me luck this time I'll succeed.
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Sat, Dec-29-01, 14:31
Living LaVita LoCarb

Plan: 40% 40% 20%
Stats: 292/242/160 Female 64 inches
BF:Next mini goal 225
Progress: 38%
Thumbs down

I get stalled when I eat too many pork rinds dipped in sour cream dips.... Also, when I go overboard on the cheese.
  #78   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-02, 14:44

Plan: atkins
Stats: 231/200/160
BF:
Progress: 44%
Talking

Nuts! Nuts! Nuts!
whenever i start eating nuts, i cant stop, them i realize i didnt lose any weight!
what do you guys eat during the holidays? i eat all the things i wasnt supposed to eat, and now i am in the first phase of the Atkins diet again...
  #79   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-02, 16:19

Stats: 185/159/135
BF:
Progress: 52%
Angry Still stalled after 2 months of induction diet

Geocolon - I'm about the same as you: 70% fat, 26% protein, 4% carbs. In 2 months I've lost 6 pounds and gained back 2. I keep meticulous food diaries, so I know everything I eat. I love this WOL, but can't lose weight on it!

I've tried dropping the macadamia nuts - no change. I've dropped all processed meats (mainly sausage, I don't do sandwich meats) - no change. Next I'm going to drop the bacon (I use either dry-cured or hickory-smoked) for a couple of weeks and see if that makes a difference. If that doesn't work, I'll have to drop cheese, which I hate to do (I only eat about 2 oz./day anyway).

I drink lots of water, no diet soda, no caffeine, the only sweeteners are in sugar-free Jello, which I eat sparingly.

Every time I see the scale bop up another 1/2 pound, I get bummed!

Coquina
  #80   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-02, 20:58
Living LaVita LoCarb

Plan: 40% 40% 20%
Stats: 292/242/160 Female 64 inches
BF:Next mini goal 225
Progress: 38%

sharaegirl,
I'm with you....I blew it the week before Christmas...I have been back on the induction phase since Dec 26th...I won't weigh until Jan 8th...which is day 14...and it happens to be the day I wiegh in anyway...so I can't tell you my progress wieght wise...but I sure feel good...
so starting over is a good thing....
  #81   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-02, 08:28

Plan: atkins
Stats: 231/200/160
BF:
Progress: 44%
Default Induction diet again....

Cheryl
I started my induction phase the second of January. I am not gonna get weigh in until my two weeks are over. I am not ready to look at the scale yet!
Never give up!
pilinick~earthlink.com
  #82   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-02, 11:14

Plan: low carb
Stats: 324/228/180 Female 5feet 6inches
BF:47%
Progress: 67%

Hi Coquina.

Sorry to hear about the 2lb gain. It probably comes off for me cuz I still have a lot of weight to loose and you are closer to your goal (that is a good thing). Even if you think you are drinking enough water try and drink more ( I drink half my body weight plus a little more since I eat things so high in sodium), make sure you are eating enough. Do you exercise, lift weights? Could be you are acquiring lean muscle mass another good thing). Have you taken your body measurements (all over)?. If you are doing all those things then stick with it. It will work out.
  #83   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-02, 12:09

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default THE List Yet Again

Posting the accumulated list yet again so anyone peeking at the end of this thread can easily find it!

<b>Here is the list again with a few notes added to further define the foods:

Processed Meats
Caffeine
Nicotine
Bacon
Cheese
Alcohol - Beer
Nuts & Nut Butters
Artificial Sweeteners & anything containing AS's such as diet jello and diet soda pop
Protein bars
Low carb food products that imitate high carb food
Eating a wide combination of food in one day
Too many pork rinds </b>

I think it's agreed by many here that eating TOO MUCH of any food including a low carb approved food can cause a stall.

Marlaine
  #84   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-02, 23:02

Plan: None yet
Stats: 197/197/145
BF:
Progress:

I would definetly have to say MOst if not all canned foods-way too much salt and perservatives!!

You also should watch out for certain types of fruit, I heard that bananas are great for potassium but can have lots of starch!!

Take Care
Angel
  #85   ^
Old Mon, Jan-07-02, 03:20

Plan: FatLoCity
Stats: 85/80/60
BF:
Progress: 20%

yep bananas and nearly all other fruit

strawbs and raspberries in moderation are ok though
  #86   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-02, 09:56
Registered Member

Plan: dr. akins
Stats: 308/205/150
BF:
Progress:
Cool bacon

wawtigress,
i do love bacon to and it hasn't bothered me, but i really don't eat that much of it. try buying some of the new leaner bacons, see if they may have less salt.
instead if bacon for breakfast try other meats like steak or porkchops.
good luck
  #87   ^
Old Sat, Feb-02-02, 03:18
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/My Own
Stats: 97/83/68
BF:
Progress: 48%

I'd have to agree with the salt and nuts causing stalls - I definitely notice that things slow down when I eat a little too many nuts and salty things. To make things worse, I eat smoked almonds for their yummy flavour and low-carb properties - BUT they are very salty!

Also, I have a tendency to forget to keep drinking my water, especially when busy at work and on weekends - I find that this slows me down too.

Rebecca
  #88   ^
Old Sat, Feb-02-02, 06:02
Pending Member

BF:
Default Welcome

Welcome Rebecca,
I have found out eating to many pork rinds(due to the salt) has caused me to slow down. I have to drink more water to flush it out) I also found out that some of my medication is also a culprit.
  #89   ^
Old Sat, Feb-02-02, 12:17
Registered Member

Plan: atkins/blend
Stats: 250/210/150
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default thanks

Thanks for all the great memo's on stalls. this wol has so many advantages, one forgets we need to be diligent when trying to lose weight. having been lc for almost 3 years now, I have been lucky enough to keep off the 40 pounds I lost, but am trying to lose a bit more before summer vacations arrives, You are so right when you say too much of the right foods can still cause problems. since I drink too, its is frequently a balancing act. even if alcohol is supposed to be no carb..it still gets processed like sugar. funny, I can give up liquor a lot easier than starch...
Jane
  #90   ^
Old Sat, Feb-02-02, 14:36
Pending Member

BF:
Default stall

Jane, I know what you mean about how hard it is to give up starch. I still miss my potatoes.