Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-02, 19:42
Pending Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/145/120
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default a newsbreak

Marlaine, a reporter reported seeing fireworks in the sky. Now I know it came your way. Congratulation and welcome to 190's. You made my day with this wonderful news.
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-02, 22:58

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Thank you Thank you ladies!! It feels really good to have that particular pound off. It also feels great to have you cheering for me. Means a lot to me. Thanks again.

Marlaine
  #93   ^
Old Sun, Jan-20-02, 00:19

Stats: 230/136/145 Female 5'8.5"
BF:33.95/24.51/20
Progress: 111%
Default Sunshine2

I forgot to let you know that I tried the Mock Danish (in fact, I've had it about 4 times) and yum! Wow! What a pleasant treat that was. This morning, I added fresh strawberries and whipped cream and I though I felt like I was eating a Belgium waffle! Thanks for telling us about it :-)
  #94   ^
Old Sun, Jan-20-02, 01:13

BF:
Default Re: Sunshine2

Quote:
Originally posted by Cher
I forgot to let you know that I tried the Mock Danish (in fact, I've had it about 4 times) and yum! Wow!

I've started adding an extra ounce of cream cheese to it to help get my calories and carbs up. Tastes pretty darn good that way!

Marlaine
  #95   ^
Old Sun, Jan-20-02, 01:39

Default Marlaine

I added a little extra creem cheese today also (2 1/2 ounces) and it's less eggy that way. The true test will be making for my mother and sister tomorrow...my mom is hesitant to try anything, but, I think she will enjoy this!
  #96   ^
Old Mon, Jan-21-02, 08:41
Pending Member

BF:
Default Wow

I just tried it and I was blown away. I used cinnamon and butter.
I could eat these all day. Cher, I have a husband like that and I am going to make one for him for dessert tonight for dinner. I think he is in for a surprise.
  #97   ^
Old Mon, Jan-21-02, 11:13

Default donnaJ

I agree...I could eat the mock danish all day, it's really a treat. My DH tried it the other night and he kept asking for more of it (I was thinking NO...this is mine...but, I gave him some anyway...lol). I have to be careful because I really shouldn't eat cheese (I've had problems with candida). So, we'll see what happens.
  #98   ^
Old Tue, Jan-22-02, 06:53
Registered Member

Stats: 195/201/145
BF:
Progress: -12%
Default Mock Danish

I hope you all had a nice 3 day weekend. I did not lose any weight, but my clothes feel a little looser. I do the actual weigh in and measuring tomorrow am.

My mouth is drooling over this mock danish. Can someone write out the recipe or send me an email? I would love to try it. My husband is also doing this and is a little tired of now sweets with a bread of some sort.

I have done a lot of exercising this weekend, but did not do so well on the water. Oh well.

Gilta
jillgress~hotmail.com
  #99   ^
Old Tue, Jan-22-02, 07:33
Pending Member

BF:
Smile Good morning

Hello Cheer and Gilta,
That is wonderful that both your husband are supporting you. I have to say that I love my DH for being so supportive because it helps me with this journey. Cher, I also have to watch cheeses but wow! what we can look forward to as treat once in awhile.
I wish I could eat it every day.

Gilta, here is the recipe for the famous Mock Danish:Mock Danish

2 oz cream cheese (soften in microwave)
1 egg
1 tblspn splenda
1 tsp lemon concentrate
1/2 tsp vanilla

mix softened cream cheese and egg. Add remaining ingredients. microwave on high for 2 minutes.

I hope you will enjoy as much as I did.

Well ladies time to get started but have a great day.
  #100   ^
Old Tue, Jan-22-02, 08:45
OSU Cowboy Fan

Plan: Lapband/low carb
Stats: 248/169/145 Female 5'6"
BF:42/29/25
Progress: 77%

Well I finally stepped on those darn scales Monday, and I'm down ........yippie! Not much, but I don't care, I'm down! Changed my stats to 194 from last Monday at 195.5. So, I lost 1.5 pounds this week by adding more calories, go figure. I am going to stay off the scales this week, TOM is due to visit and I hate the scales when that is happening, they always show a 3-10 pound gain.
  #101   ^
Old Tue, Jan-22-02, 11:39
Registered Member

Stats: 195/201/145
BF:
Progress: -12%

Donna, thanks for the recipe. I will try it out tonight. How many carbs, protein, fat and calories are in this? I want to put it on my fitday custom list.

Sunshine, congrats on dropping. I know what you mean about TOM. I always gain then.

I hope tomorrow I have good news to report. I have kept my calories up and my carbs pretty much so less than 30. I have exercised as well. I hope at least the inches came off.... I am tired of wearing woman's sized clothes. I would like to be able to walk into any store and buy.

Oh well, probably will be able to after 15 more lbs.

Gilta
  #102   ^
Old Tue, Jan-22-02, 14:50

(((((((((((Sunshine)))))))))))) Way to go! Congratulations! Yeah...I was also thinking about that TOM...think I'll just avoid the scales then...lol. Keep up the good work!

Gilta...glad donnaj gave you the Mock Danish recipe. I use cinnamon instead of lemon (one of the variations that others listed). let me know how it tastes with lemon. Do you gals think that exercise slows down the weight loss? I think it does for me...but, all my clothes fit better...so, I think it's worth the trade off.

DonnaJ... yeah those incredibly supportive Dh's are so valuable. I couldn't imagine what it would be like to be married to someone who was trying to sabotage my WOE or, someone who was uncomfortable with my weight. No matter what... DH always say's "you're beautiful" and that he doesn't care about the weight. I think that's because he's seem me literally starve myself with no results over the years... Thank God I get to eat now...LOL... oh...and...lose this weight!

Marlaine...how are you doing? you must be feeling really great...
  #103   ^
Old Tue, Jan-22-02, 16:27

BF:

Quote:
Originally posted by Cher
Marlaine...how are you doing? you must be feeling really great...

Hey Cher!!

I'm doing GREAT!! I'm quite surprised that I haven't crashed since my schedule has been so hectic since the beginning of January. I'm up at 6:30AM and go pretty much non stop until 10PM, between school and work. I'm done the day course at the end of this week so am planning a bit of a time out from the rushing around.

BFL is going very well and it surprises me that I leap out of bed with ease because I'm so looking forward to doing my workout each morning! Yes, I'm feeling GREAT!!

Marlaine
  #104   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-02, 00:53

Hi Marlaine, Glad you're doing so well! WoW you have a Hectic schedule...you must have your food worked out for the entire day (well in advance...LOL).
What are you studying in school?

I'm glad BFL is working so well...it must help to energize you for that schedule! That's awesome :-)
  #105   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-02, 06:39

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 195/195/135
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Hi

It's me, I am back, and at it again. Had a lot of thing's happen lately, but now back on track.
I am having a cup of coffee with cream and later I will have 2 egg's and bacon. Maybe Tuna for lunch and salad and a hamburger for supper and a salad. Boring food. Lol, but I am back on induction.
I want to try and cook some of the recipes, so I won't get bored with eating, but then maybe I should get bored with eating. Lol.
Everyone have a great day. Hope to be in the 170's by my Birthday in March. Hug's Shirl