Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Wed, Oct-05-05, 14:54
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 335/185/155 Female 5'8"
BF:37%/35%/34.4%/31%
Progress: 83%

Hey Everyone!

Here are the stats for last nights show!

Jen 244/234/10
Ryan 200/195/5
Shannon 236/229/7
Suzy 201/196/5
Suzanne 206/199/7
Andrea 202/198/4
Team Loss: 2.68%

Dr Jeff 240/326/14
Mark 318/308/10
Matt 300/290/10
Seth 258/250/8
Pete 367/350/17
Team Loss: 3.76%

Men Take All!

Wow! This was amazing! This weeks show was very motivating! It was great to see how much everyone lost, but especially the ladies. Isnt it something that the women that worked out with matt lost more than the ladies that had their trainer? That was something I did not expect.

I am sick at how us ladies can be with one another. Horrible! The men are more of a team and the ladies nit picky and petty. Thats too bad. They do need to pull it together!

I really needed that this week. Things have been so stressful and I am still in the same place I assume. I am not weighing myself because of TOM, but it did make me really want to push myself this week to see if I can get down to at least 195 next Tuesday. I am promising myself that I will not weigh myself until then. .
I hope today is going well for everyone! Yes, Ryan does look great!!

Been lazy, but back on track. I will post my stuff tomorrow for today. I bought a journal for myself to carry with me, so there will be no more excuses for me!

NIkki
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Fri, Oct-07-05, 11:51
Registered Member

How is everyone doing?
  #93   ^
Old Sun, Oct-09-05, 17:47

Plan: general lowcarb
Stats: 247/149/120 Female 5ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 77%

Hi everyone!
How are you all doing? Today the scale said 227! Its only .6 of a pound but hey its something right? Havent been to the gym since thursday and I feel miserable without it. Tuesday is my next class. Hope everyones okay!
  #94   ^
Old Tue, Oct-11-05, 01:06
Registered Member

Hi, there everyone!

I hope all is well. I just got home from school and am beat. My day was just 17 hours nonstop action...phew! Not to mention that me and DBF are no more as of 1:00 am this morning, so I am under stress, but the good news is, I did not eat the massive amount of pasta in my moms fridge. It is calling me when I walk by, but not succeeding. I had put a pair of pants on the wall last weekend that I wanted to fit into in 2 weeks and today after just one week, they fit!!! I will weigh myself tomorrow morning now that TOM is no more

It is now the day I am excited to watch tonight!
  #95   ^
Old Tue, Oct-11-05, 04:09

Plan: atkins
Stats: 221/206.5/190 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Lowcarboli, so sorry to hear about you and DBF. I hope you are doing ok. Great job avoiding that pasta, I know all too well about it "calling your name"!!
Also congrats on the jeans, a week ahead of schedule too, great for you.

I'm excited to see the show tonite too. After my issues last week, I need a little encouragement and will hopefully get some tonight. I think there are bringing someone back from last year, can't wait to see who and what they look like.

Have a great day.

Jenny
  #96   ^
Old Tue, Oct-11-05, 13:06

Plan: Bariatric Surgery/S.Beach
Stats: 280/143/145 Female 5ft 3 inches
BF:way/2/much
Progress: 101%

I'm ready to see the show tonight too.
I had a little crazy weekend and didn't drink my water like I should.
But its a new day and I'm ready for the scales to start moving again.

Lowcarboli, sorry to hear about BF.
But Glad to hear you didn't stess eat.

Hope everyone is having a good week.
  #97   ^
Old Tue, Oct-11-05, 13:14
Bound for Onederland

Stats: 239/188/199 Female 5 ft 7 in
BF:lil' bit, ok lots
Progress: 127%

Any guesses as to who gets the boot tonight? I really have no idea. I think (hope) the girls win the challenge tonight and suzy stays on. If the guys lose i think either seth or jeff will get voted off. jeff is my fave from the guys team but i took a guess.

Sometimes its hard to guess because the show doesn't show too many clues as to individuals behaviors. For instance one of the reasons that ryan was voted off was that she made excuses for things and I don't recall hearing any excuses.

at any rate I love the show and will totally watch it tonight.
  #98   ^
Old Tue, Oct-11-05, 13:19
Bound for Onederland

Mini challenge for the Biggest Loser challenge:

I'm challenging myself to exercise during the commercial breaks tonight(crunches, butt squeezes, leg lifts and such) . Anyone care to join in??
  #99   ^
Old Tue, Oct-11-05, 13:29
Registered Member

Thanks Ladies!
I am also very excited about tonights show! Last week was so motivating for me with the women losing so much weight Now that TOM is gone, I am down to 197. Next week, I hope to be down a couple more pounds. My schedule has gotten hectic. I started my Conservatory program last night. It was great! But I lose one of my Dance and Kickboxing Classes and am a little sleep deprived. My Mondays and Wednesdays start at 3:30-4:00 am and I am out of the house to the gym, then take my daughter to school, then work 8 to 5, run and pick my daughter up, take her home then race to the conservatory program that is 6-11 pm................. Phew! I was beat last night LOL. I am going to try to get as quality sleep as I can, but I have to wake up early to work out!

I will post stats tonight!
  #100   ^
Old Tue, Oct-11-05, 17:02

Stats: 244/226/155 Female 5 Foot 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

Hi Ladies,
I am looking forward to tonight's show as always.Too bad it can't run year round.It is such a great motivator.

I have banished the scales from my bathroom.Was getting on them way too much that it was getting for me to see if I was losing or not.So I will not weigh again till next Tuesday morning.Hope this gives me the push to stay on Induction and lose some weight this week.Sure wouldn't want to gain weight during this experiment.

I would love to see the women come together as a unit tonight and win both the challenge and have the highest weight loss percentage.They really need this boost.

Nikki...so sorry to hear that you and your boyfriend have broken up.You sure do sound busy.Hope you are getting enough sleep at night.

Nancy
  #101   ^
Old Tue, Oct-11-05, 21:47

Plan: Bariatric Surgery/S.Beach
Stats: 280/143/145 Female 5ft 3 inches
BF:way/2/much
Progress: 101%

Please share your highlight from tonights show. I got home from shopping just in time to eat a salad, and watch the show. Then my phone started ringing and I missed most of the show. Crazy we go most nights with no calls and tonight everyone called and I couldn't get them off the phone.

I know the ladies lost, but don't know much else. I'll check the web site, but would love to hear you views too.

Hope you all had a great nite.
  #102   ^
Old Tue, Oct-11-05, 22:29
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Hi everyone!

I am again feeling very hyped up after watching the show.
Here are the stats:

Ladies:

Suzy 196/191/5
Suzanne 199/191/8
Jen 234/224/10
Shannon 229/221/8
Andrea 198/193/5
3.41%

Men

Dr. Jeff 326/316/10
Seth 250/243/7
Pete 350/338/12
Matt 290/279/11
Mark 308/291/17

3.74%

I was really glad to see the women pull it together more this week. Although, even I was thinking no way was that 1 meal that many calories. I thought they were way overshooting
They won the Jello challenge, so it was nice to see them watch their families video tapes. That always almost makes me cry as well...lol.

I dont understand the logic in getting rid of Suzanne. I mean, ok, there was some conflict... but in this game, this early still in the game, I did not think it was wise to get rid of one of your biggest losers just for not "liking her". I think they still need as many pounds lost as possible and a better idea would have been to get rid of one of the ones that consistently lose the least and then when it is less of a men against women challenge, get rid of the one you have issues with. But that is just my 2 cents

Suzanne does look fabulous though!

Again it was very motivating. Have a great night everyone!
Work hard this week everyone!
  #103   ^
Old Wed, Oct-12-05, 04:47

Stats: 244/226/155 Female 5 Foot 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

Good Morning,
I enjoyed the show very much again last night.

I was guessing that the meal was around 3,000 calories so I wasn't too far off base.It was nice to see the ladies win the challenge again but sorry to see that they lost the weigh in again.

I am having a problem pulling for any of the women now.I really like Dr Jeff.The women still don't seem to be working together as a team the way they should.I was pulling for Ryan so now it's been hard for me to pick any of the other women.

Suzanne really did look good in the followup.

Nancy
  #104   ^
Old Wed, Oct-12-05, 05:58

Plan: atkins
Stats: 221/206.5/190 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 47%

I thought the show last night was great. It was nice seeing the women watch thier tapes, yep I even had a tear or two flowing.

I have to admit I was kindof glad to see the men win the wiegh in, they seem more sincere to each other and really glad to see their teammates losing as well as themselves.

I just cannot believe how much they are all losing though. It is incredible. Especially Jen, who lost 10lbs. last week and another 10 this week!! WOW

And yes Suzanne really looked good at the end of the show.

Next week looks very interesting too, can't wait to see it.

Jenny
  #105   ^
Old Wed, Oct-12-05, 07:05
Bound for Onederland

Watched the biggest loser last night and I think that Suzanne had lots of spunk but perhaps they made the right decision. I think it was hard for them. Can you belive the guys guessed the calories in that burger meal so much better than the ladies? At least the ladies won the challenge.

I sometimes have a conspiracy mind. I think that Jen (who seems to lose the most on the girls team) is taking something to give her an advantage. She is a med student after all and everytime Caroline tells her she has ammunity because she is the biggest loser for the week she has like this knowing smile. Maybe maybe not. You decide: Natural? Water pill? Laxative?

BTW doesn't suzanne look great now?? She was the most inspiring last night to be able to continue the weightloss after getting kicked off the show!

I know men lose faster than women but come on 17 pounds in a week even after a month of dieting. Its maddness I say!!!

That guy Matt is gonna be a fox when he is at his fighting weight. LOVE his hair and his attitude!