Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Jul-15-05, 08:45

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 96/115/105 Female 5'
BF:
Progress: 211%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddaniels
So, can you use the Walk Away the Pounds DVD in conjunction with your treadmill? It would seem weird to be walking in place while I'm watching a video when the treadmill is right there in the room with me! But lately I've been thinking it would be fun to have a video to watch that incorporates the treadmill.

Hi ddaniels, the 3 WATP dvds that I have, I don't think you would be able to do them WHILE on the treadmill. It is a series of walking in place at a fast pace, with some kicks (forward and back) also, side steps that you bend your knees and go really wide with your steps, also knee lifts with knees together and with feet apart. That is a great idea, if someone maybe could come up with a good vid to watch while working out on the treadmill.

Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Jul-15-05, 09:00
WONJ #7Snoopy Lover

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 177/135/128 Female 5"4
BF:less than before
Progress: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddaniels
So, can you use the Walk Away the Pounds DVD in conjunction with your treadmill? It would seem weird to be walking in place while I'm watching a video when the treadmill is right there in the room with me! But lately I've been thinking it would be fun to have a video to watch that incorporates the treadmill.

I don't do them together, I do both of them at different times. Love them!!!
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Jul-15-05, 09:14

Stats: 194/131/135 Female 63 inches
BF:Too/Much/Fluff!
Progress: 107%

Quote:
Originally Posted by My_3_Sons
Hi ddaniels, the 3 WATP dvds that I have, I don't think you would be able to do them WHILE on the treadmill. It is a series of walking in place at a fast pace, with some kicks (forward and back) also, side steps that you bend your knees and go really wide with your steps, also knee lifts with knees together and with feet apart. That is a great idea, if someone maybe could come up with a good vid to watch while working out on the treadmill.

You're right- sounds like that would be pretty tricky on a treadmill!

I agree it would be fun to have a treadmill expercise video. I sometimes watch other types of exercise videos while I'm on the treadmill (which isn't often!), which seems weird but the exercise video music is usually pretty peppy plus it makes my treadmill workout seem easier since I'm glad I'm not doing all the hardwork the video people are doing!
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Jul-15-05, 13:37

Plan: Low carb / high Protein
Stats: 290/238/215 Male 6ft 2inc
BF:18.92
Progress: 69%

walking has been the biggest part of my weight loss by far. I walk for about 1 hour almost every day. Some times 2 one in the am and then again in the pm. It is very important to walk.
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Jul-15-05, 22:31

Plan: Atkins/Callanetics
Stats: 168/157/110 Female 5'2"
BF:Sz16/sz14/sz6
Progress: 19%

Yes, I walk 4 miles as many times a week as I can. I do it in about an hour, so my pace is between 3 and 3.5 mph. It really helps the weight come off.
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Jul-16-05, 07:52

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/162/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 73%
Default Walking to a beat

The back page of the collagevideo catalog of workouts has a large selection of audio walking tapes. I've used my 60s, 70s, and 80s cassettes for years, for walking and also for rebounding.

Volumes 4 and 5 (134-145 bpm) seem to be about the right pace for me. This translates to about 4.5 miles per hour.

They've got classical, Christian, disco, "dance party." BTW, I'm not an employee--just a fan! www.collagevideo.com
  #22   ^
Old Sun, May-08-16, 12:58

Stats: 223/247/160 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: -38%

I just got done walking. Love it. Didn't really want to today, but, so glad I did! So many benefits to it, mind, body, and spirit.