Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-08, 21:42

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LessLiz
I think I said this way earlier in this thread but just in case... nearly everything that everyone lists they want to do can be done right now! That includes the beach, movies, flying, portraits, etc. There is no reason to limit ourselves.

And a tip from someone who hasn't reached goal but has lost a helluva lot of weight: the mental block that stops you now does not go away simply because you lose weight. You have to make yourself get past that block, and you can do that now.

I agree with Liz. I took a trapeze class this summer. At 220 pounds I was BY FAR the heaviest person there. Just got to suck it up and do it sometimes if you really want to! By the end of the class I was 195 and doing great. Sometimes it's all about showing up and seeing what happens.
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-08, 10:13

Plan: atkins
Stats: 283/283/250 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 0%

i agree that some of the stuff listed can be done while overweight but some stuff cant be done and people look forward to it.. for instance i said i would like to go into a store that sells the really cute new trendy clothes for people in my age group such as forever21 and h&m ect... i cant do that at 256 pounds but when i lose the weight i will be able too.
  #93   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-08, 10:17

BF:

Clothes are a big one for me, too. I can't fit H&M even when I'm normal weight, though, so that's a big bummer In high school I worked in a clothing store at about 155 pounds and I couldn't wear any of the clothes.

I meant more of the physical stuff - I think folks would surprise themselves if they gave themselves a chance. I am thinking of people like the person who wants to be able to walk the mall. The only thing that makes walking easier is walking - some thin people don't do well with walking either. Just get up and do as much as you can!
  #94   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-08, 11:25

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschwab
Clothes are a big one for me, too. I can't fit H&M even when I'm normal weight, though, so that's a big bummer In high school I worked in a clothing store at about 155 pounds and I couldn't wear any of the clothes.

I meant more of the physical stuff - I think folks would surprise themselves if they gave themselves a chance. I am thinking of people like the person who wants to be able to walk the mall. The only thing that makes walking easier is walking - some thin people don't do well with walking either. Just get up and do as much as you can!

yeah i see what you mean...sometimes people feel that they need to lose weight in order to do certain things...i am the same way...but as i lose weight its fun rewarding myself with diffrent things... i am about 13 pounds away from a new car ... if i could just keep my body from stalling

i sure do hope i will be able to fit the clothes at the stores mentioned...i also like charlotte rousse... i want to revamp my whole wardrobe... it feels so good to shop when u have lost weight....so im saving up my money for my shopping spree when i hit goal!!
  #95   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-08, 12:03

BF:

":i sure do hope i will be able to fit the clothes at the stores mentioned..."

Most people can. I have a freakish body. At your weight I was a 26/28.
  #96   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-08, 12:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 338/321/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 9%

Clothes clothes clothes! I never buy clothes it's too depressing. I would like to buy some nice clothes and look and feel good about myself for once in my life
  #97   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-08, 15:36
Registered Member

Stats: 371/350/170 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~sonja~
Clothes clothes clothes! I never buy clothes it's too depressing. I would like to buy some nice clothes and look and feel good about myself for once in my life

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What I look forward to when I get smaller:

*Being able to live for once instead of existing
*Being able to travel in ONE SEAT on an airplane and go to London
*Being able to go whereever I want to go without having breathing issues
*Finally being the envy of my coworkers who talk incessantly about weight in the office and showing them that even a 300lb person isn't lazy
*Go to events without trying to hide who I am...
*Get the Optimus Prime tattoo on my leg that I've always wanted
*Getting rid of this $#~! fat suit I've been wearing....

Oh, and have me and my best friend get pictures taken of us....with our weight GONE!
  #98   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-08, 16:49

BF:

Quote:
":i sure do hope i will be able to fit the clothes at the stores mentioned..."

Most people can. I have a freakish body. At your weight I was a 26/28.

i hope that they way i wrote that wasnt offensive... i meant it as i set my one goal as 196 and i know thats still heavy so i hope i can fit atleast the extra large so i can feel great!!!
  #99   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-08, 17:59

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Prime
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What I look forward to when I get smaller:

*Being able to live for once instead of existing
*Being able to travel in ONE SEAT on an airplane and go to London
*Being able to go whereever I want to go without having breathing issues
*Finally being the envy of my coworkers who talk incessantly about weight in the office and showing them that even a 300lb person isn't lazy
*Go to events without trying to hide who I am...
*Get the Optimus Prime tattoo on my leg that I've always wanted
*Getting rid of this $#~! fat suit I've been wearing....

Oh, and have me and my best friend get pictures taken of us....with our weight GONE!

I have a coworker who probably lost close to 200 pounds. People loved him before and after but it did really make a splash. I'm the darling of the office now. Folks there don't talk about weight very much, though, thank goodness!
  #100   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-08, 18:02

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cute4u_04
i hope that they way i wrote that wasnt offensive... i meant it as i set my one goal as 196 and i know thats still heavy so i hope i can fit atleast the extra large so i can feel great!!!

No, not at all. I don't look freakish, I just wear a freakishly large size compared to other people my weight/size. I have a whole thread about it.

You'll get to 196 - I got there a few weeks ago from 285. It is possible and it will go by more quickly than you think.

Janine
  #101   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-08, 19:23
Registered Member

Stats: 371/350/170 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 10%

Quote:
I have a coworker who probably lost close to 200 pounds. People loved him before and after but it did really make a splash. I'm the darling of the office now. Folks there don't talk about weight very much, though, thank goodness!

You are extremely fortunate. The women in my office who are a Large or less (and who have never had a weight problem) talk about weight loss all the time and including in front of me like it's an obsession.

There was a beautiful lady who told me (she lost 130 lbs) that once I get this weight off, women will get jealous of me and that I would be the center of attention. o.O (that's news to me) She has been one of my inspirations to get this weight off...if she can do it, I can too....
  #102   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-08, 19:58

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Prime
You are extremely fortunate. The women in my office who are a Large or less (and who have never had a weight problem) talk about weight loss all the time and including in front of me like it's an obsession.

There was a beautiful lady who told me (she lost 130 lbs) that once I get this weight off, women will get jealous of me and that I would be the center of attention. o.O (that's news to me) She has been one of my inspirations to get this weight off...if she can do it, I can too....

Yup, you can!
  #103   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-08, 20:44

BF:

Quote:
No, not at all. I don't look freakish, I just wear a freakishly large size compared to other people my weight/size. I have a whole thread about it.

You'll get to 196 - I got there a few weeks ago from 285. It is possible and it will go by more quickly than you think.

Janine

i sure hope so..i been sabotaging myself beacause my weight keeps stalling and its been drivin me nuts...im done fasting..meat and eggs..strict atkins...its so crazy..i know i didnt put weight on overnight so its going to take longer to lose but gee the scale just wont move...
  #104   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-08, 03:18

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 419/410/400 Female 63 inches(5'3")
BF:Too Much
Progress: 47%

I look forward to being able to go on long walks with my hubby and ride bikes with my girls..they have never known a slim mommy.
  #105   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-08, 19:17

Stats: 280/227/165 Female 65.5in
BF:
Progress: 46%

tummy tuck & b**b job maybe a face lift and all new clothes {a girl can dream cant she}