Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Sun, May-01-05, 10:51

Plan: Bariatric Surgery/S.Beach
Stats: 280/143/145 Female 5ft 3 inches
BF:way/2/much
Progress: 101%

Hey Gals Hows your weekend doing????
We went for motorcycle ride yesterday, its still a little cool here about 50*. But it was a fun afternoon. Then we went over to friends and played cards until midnight. Had popcorn, grapes and strawberries, hopefully not too many to add to my stall. Just a lazy day here, its overcast and rainny. I'm thinking I'll make my seafood chowder today. I wanted to make last week but just didn't have time. Got a deal on jeans 4 pairs for $50 I like the fit of Lane Bryant jeans. I can wear size 18 if they stretch, but non stretch I have to have 20's. That sure beats the 24's I was wearing last year.

LiveWell....Happy Birthday, Hope you had a great day.

We don't do much fish either. If we could get it fresh it might be different. But it all smells fishy to me.

Hope you all are enjoying the last part of the weekend.
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Sun, May-01-05, 11:25

Plan: LC - 50C or less
Stats: 455/246/200 Female 5ft 9in
BF:
Progress: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippie

LiveWell....Happy Birthday, Hope you had a great day.

lol I was just playing around a few posts ago.. my birthday was on the 23rd. But thanks

So far my weekend has been good. No cheating on smoking or food so far. I have had a few cravings for smokes but I got through them. Im hungry right now though. I dont want to eat anything (trying to stay low on carbs) but I really dont have much of a choice since Im at work. No 0 carb snacks here, pretty much all I have is a low carb frozen entree or a few cheddar brats left over from last nights dinner. I think im having low carb lasagna for dinner tonight when I get home...mmmmmmm goooood! I wish I just had a piece of cheese or something.

I wish it was rainy here...I love rainy days. Hmm... ok I dont wish it was raining here. Makes work tougher, - I wish I was at home and it was raining .. much better. Good deal on those jeans Skippie!

Glad everyone seems to be in a good mood this weekend Everyone ready for induction tomorrow??? Ok.. so maybe just me but I think Im ready. I need to drop 10 lbs to get rid of this cheat weight and make goal for the mothers day challange I really sucked on that one. Never know though, I might lose it all by then
  #78   ^
Old Sun, May-01-05, 14:15

Hey LiveWell sorry to hear you are stuck at work. Got my seafood bisque made. I'm with you about induction, I'll be starting Phase 1 for SB Monday, which is about the same as induction. I don't think I'll be making my goal for the Mothers Day Challange. I just need to kick myself in the butt and get it in gear so to speek. I haven't really gained but haven't lost any either. Monday is my first day back on track.
  #79   ^
Old Sun, May-01-05, 14:49

BF:

Our post has been looked at 3,149 times... who are these people and why arent they posting. Its been viewed 149 times since yesterday.

I know its probobly good.... but.. Skippie, I nearly lost my lunch reading your recipe in your journal. hehehehe ewwww fishy stuff
  #80   ^
Old Sun, May-01-05, 17:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 304/239.5/160 Female 68 inches
BF:too/dang/much
Progress: 45%

skippie.. i am gonna have to check out that receipe.. it sounds wonderful

dianna
  #81   ^
Old Mon, May-02-05, 18:35

Happy Monday to you all.
Just did a bunch of running around today. Thought the weatherman said chance of rain today, but it sure looked like snow to me. It can quit that anytime now. It didn't stick to the ground glad for that.

So where is everyone?
  #82   ^
Old Mon, May-02-05, 19:02
library diva

Plan: atkins
Stats: 242/156.5/130 Female 5'4"
BF:way/too/high
Progress: 76%

Hey my girls!

Hope everyone had a good weekend, and lived through monday!

High Today- made a fabulous dinner- steaks with just some ground garlic and salt and pepper (medium). Roasted asparagus with bacon and goat cheese. SO SO good and enough for lunch tomorrow!

Low- Was so stuffed up and tired this morning I didnt exercise like I'd planned- so slap me now cause I have to get up at 530am tomorrow to do it to make up for today! Yikes!

Weird question- not LC related really. I love the look of heels with jeans- I think it is so sexy and makes your legs look longer. I have some cute heels and new jeans and am thinking of wearing them (with a top of course!) to work tomorrow. I am 27- is this look too young for me and honestly, do you think that you have to be slimmer to pull it off? Just looking for some feedback here. Thanks as always.

Livewell- way to go on not smoking! It is really hard and you are doing great. When I quit, all my friends still smoked. We'd go out to Perkins a few nights a week and it would drive me nuts- I took a crayon which is about the same size/shape as a cigarette and held it like one- it seems goofy but helped alot actually!
  #83   ^
Old Tue, May-03-05, 06:16

ssofian you asked this question....I have some cute heels and new jeans and am thinking of wearing them (with a top of course!) to work tomorrow. I am 27- is this look too young for me and honestly, do you think that you have to be slimmer to pull it off? Just looking for some feedback here. Thanks as always.

I think heels with jeans look great. Oprah wears them all the time and she is over 50 so don't let the age thing stop you. As a matter of fact I'll be 45 in a couple of months and weigh a bit more than you do. And I wear heels with jeans. I even wear halter tops, my size and age won't stop me from wearing what I want. I only have one life to live and I plan on living it. I say go for it.

High.....treadmill already done
Low.....weather sucks again today
  #84   ^
Old Tue, May-03-05, 07:51

BF:

Ohh I agree with heals and jeans. I used to wear them when I was a teen. My mother wore them all the time and I loved how she looked in them so I did it too. It didnt go over so well I dont think....I think they just all thought I was weird

As far as being too old - nope. Like I said my mother did it all the time and she was in her 30's and looked great. I would probobly do it now if I was slimmer. Right now I couldnt balance myself in high heels...low heels would be fine, but nice high heels are sexy!!

My mom wasnt a tiny girl or anything. I think she was probobly your weight, maybe a little lighter. Shes 5'9 so she holds weight well...not real sure what she weighed in at. I say try it!

I still havent smoked! This makes day 9. I meant to do induction yesterday but didnt. Only because the night before hubby made me a low carb lasagna for dinner and we had tons of left overs to go through. I havent added the carbs up yet but I would guess it is still relativly low. I started today with 3 eggs. Im sure Ill stay 20 or under today. We had lots of salad yesterday too. Its weird how sometimes salad can be sooooo good. I used to hate it. Ive been getting the mixed salads with lots of different types of lettuce. yum!

Sorry I didnt post yesterday, I was soooo tired and lazy. All I did was lay around napping and watching tv. My house is a disaster from the weekend I am probobly going to spend all day cleaning today. Its chilly in here though and good snuggling weather

Have a good Tuesday all!!!

High for the day: Feeling good - great mood!

Low for the day: House is a mess
  #85   ^
Old Tue, May-03-05, 09:17
library diva

Plan: atkins
Stats: 242/156.5/130 Female 5'4"
BF:way/too/high
Progress: 76%

I decided to wear heels and jeans today. The heels arent really high, maybe 2 1/2 inches and not real thin- I'd break something if they were thin, I just dont have good balance. But anyway, I am feeling quite slim and sexy today! I just checked myself out in the bathroom mirror here and I look great! so that's my high today- looking sexy!

No low yet-not going looking either!
  #86   ^
Old Tue, May-03-05, 16:02

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssofian
I decided to wear heels and jeans today. The heels arent really high, maybe 2 1/2 inches and not real thin- I'd break something if they were thin, I just dont have good balance. But anyway, I am feeling quite slim and sexy today! I just checked myself out in the bathroom mirror here and I look great! so that's my high today- looking sexy!

No low yet-not going looking either!

Whoohoo Hey there sexy mama! Glad you feel so good today. I had a little good feeling of my own today...my wedding ring fits again! yeaaaa!!

Doing well on induction so far today...and dinner is planned out so I should be fine Yesterdays lasagna had a lot more carbs than I thought it did. Glad I got it figured out though, at least Ill know next time.
  #87   ^
Old Tue, May-03-05, 20:29

Plan: Atkins-induction
Stats: 270/270/140 Female 5"5'
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hey all, my internet was down...and I crashed and burned....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...I ate huge amounts of peanut butter...like a cup or more...not even organic....the real bad kind..packed full of sugar...grrrrrrrrrrrrrr...Sat night I drank 3 vodka and cranberry lights...tho I used only 2 ounces of cranberry juice per cup and filled the rest w/ flavoured water...aquafina something or other
I ate 2 bags of pork rinds in 2 days..tons of decaf coffe w/ huge amounts of cream....I could go on and on and on....its been a very bad few days!!!!! damn damn damn....
anyhooo great to hear that your all doing well I love coming here and reading your posts....it really helps me tremendously..ty

high: I managed to stay clean today!!!!!!
low: feeling all wishywashy and sad....feel all pmsy but its toooo soon for that....hmmmmmmmm
  #88   ^
Old Wed, May-04-05, 10:09

BF:

awwww Dharma, poor girl We still love ya!

Great day to start on induction for you! :P I did well yesterday...so far doing well today too. I go way overboard on the peanut butter sometimes. I have a hard time keeping it sensible. Oh..and about the pork rinds...those are no carbs anyway. I eat a bag saturday and a bag sunday at work!
  #89   ^
Old Wed, May-04-05, 11:21

Livewell....You are doing so good with the cigs. I know how hard it was for me to quit 20 years ago. Keep it up.

DHARMA BUM...Sorry to hear about the crash and burn. The bing with peanutbutter, and pork rinds sounds to be over. Don't beat yourself up too much. And drink extra water to help wash it out. Sounds like you have grip on thing now.

ssofian...You go sexy girl. (jeans & heels)

I've had a bit of bing too, just wanted bread, had 2 LC muffins, 2LC bread toasted. 2 fried eggs, salad too. I had cereal yesterday, shreaded wheat. (ceral is now in the trash can) TOM is due about the 15 so its really too soon for that. Not sure whats going on. I need to it in gear and eat clean, phase 1 for at least a week. I might be stressing about seeing my mom in a couple weeks. We don't get along that well. But I haven't seen her for 1 1/2yrs. She retired and moved to TX my oldest brother is there too. I can never seem to do anythig right for her. When we told her were coming her reply was its about time. And now she tried to plan our days there with her and her church group. I had to tell her we would do only one thing with them as I wanted to see my brother too. Then she was all pouty on the phone. She also told us we were staying with her. That should be a real treat too. Not sure why I let her get to me. When I try to tell her how I feel she gets all teary and says I just don't care or she just gets mad and won't talk to me for months. Well after reading this I can guess why I'm stress eating. Hubby who I love dearly just says don't let her get to you, you know how she is. Well enough about all this.

High....25 minutes done on the treadmill
Low....Bing eating really sucks
  #90   ^
Old Wed, May-04-05, 12:14

BF:

Bad Girl to you too Skippie! hehehe although I dont know what you can and cant have on South Beach so Im not sure what Im scolding you about exactly. I would guess the cereal since you threa it out I have a very troubled relationship with my own mother, I can surely understand the frustrations there.

You should stay in a hotel room and tell her to .. deal with it. It would probably make the stay much better. Somewhere to go and destress for the evening. How long are you staying anyway??

Question:

Does anyone else feel "safe" in this thread? It seems like some of the more recent threads are kind of argumentative on the forums and stuff. I wonder if people still read this thread (people that are not active in it I mean).

Should I treat this thread as I would some OTHER thread or like I treat it now..as a home base with you all. I would hate to offend someone reading it...but then again the reason I love this thread is that I dont FEEL that I have to worry about offending someone. Who is going to read this thing except us. Its a bunch of gals chatting about daily stuff. In the other thread I have to try and watch how I word things and be so diplomatic about it all.

Does anyone else feel like that? Or am I just way to comfortable with you all now