Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sun, Apr-24-05, 09:22

Plan: LC - 50C or less
Stats: 455/246/200 Female 5ft 9in
BF:
Progress: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIXSTAR

hi - went to a friends for dinner and a movie (brought my own dinner) and I said NO to the irresistable ice cream that was offered

Nice job! Did you ever get your low carb ice cream?

My mom went to the store with me the other day. She was suprised at all the veggies and lack of sugary treats. It was kind of funny, she went through the whole store "yummm'ing" about everything (cakes, ice creams, cookies, ect). I on the other hand didnt even act the least bit interested. I love that I can (usually) look at something like that and not even want it. Like putting my nose in the air (best snotty voice) "I do not eat refineeeeddd sugarss".

Last edited by LiveWell : Sun, Apr-24-05 at 09:29.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sun, Apr-24-05, 11:39
From Flab to Fab!

Plan: Fat Flush / SB
Stats: 300/225/185 Female 5ft 8"
BF:No Thanks
Progress: 65%

Would it be ok if I gatecrashed the party too?
I have only just joined here, been lurking for a while though. I use to be part of another board, but they never had threads like this, it was all very black and white over there!
I have been on LC for a whole year, lost 50lbs, and last month was in the midst of a 5 month stall when I unexpectidly fell pregnant with my third child. It was a massive shock, because I had a coil fitted, so I was thinking at least for the next 5 yrs no kids.
I am getting more and more use to the idea as the days pass, I am only asomething like 7 weeks or so at the moment, so it's still early days.
If you don't mind me joining in, it'd be really great to come to read up on all of your antics!
I can get so bored here at home with two under 3's and one on the way. The conversation isn't all that stimulating at times!

Ok, so I am 29 (almost 30) and have two girls who are under 3.
I am happily married to a wonderful guy.
I live in the south east of the uk
I want to go through this pregnancy without fear of stacking on loads of unnessesary weight!
My goal is to keep as healthy as possible for the next 7 or so months and keep as sane as possible!!

Hope to see u all soon
Foxy xx
  #33   ^
Old Sun, Apr-24-05, 12:27

BF:

Welcome!

Of course you can join in. We would be glad to have you.

Congradulations on your new bun in the oven....erm...maybe not bun. Whats the low carb saying for that?

How are you coping with it so far? It would be really hard for me to cope finding out I was expecting and not .. well..expecting it. We recently got custody of my nephew and it was like WHOOAA! wait a minute! It all seemed like it went so fast lol. I have a 7 year old and a nine year old and now a 2 year old. It was quite a change, almost felt like a step backwards at first. It took me awhile to come to terms with it I guess. We have had him for a year now and I couldnt imagine him not there now, seems like it was always like this. But at first !

Also congrats on your weight loss, thats wonderful! Its going to be hard dealing with the changes in your body again Im sure. But we are here to help you stay on the right track and give you some support when its rough.

I love your avatar. Its too cute. I need to find one myself.

Anywayzzz Welcome again and be sure to keep up the great progress in making yourself and your baby healthy!
  #34   ^
Old Sun, Apr-24-05, 12:34
From Flab to Fab!

Plan: Fat Flush / SB
Stats: 300/225/185 Female 5ft 8"
BF:No Thanks
Progress: 65%

http://www.avatarity.com/

Hi this is where I found my avatar, they have some nice ones there!

Yes it is difficult to handle at first when you think there's no way on this gods earth you can become pregnant, and then suddenly you are! lol It came as such a shock, I was sitting on the loo going "oh damn, oh no!!!!" over and over for ages!

But like you say, I will get use to it, and eventually I'll get my head around another one fitting into the family!! (I'll have to coz it can't go back now!! lol) the fact is, I was even more upset because it had to be the immaculate conception (honestly) I had the coil, we hadn't 'done it' for ever....I think we did it twice in 2 months!!!!! How unlucky must I be????

Anyway, thanks for your insight, I am sure like you say, I will get use to it.

Why do you have custody of your nephew?
Just curious, obviously if I'm being nosey, just tell me!
  #35   ^
Old Sun, Apr-24-05, 16:40

Plan: Atkins-induction
Stats: 270/270/140 Female 5"5'
BF:
Progress: 0%

HEY ALL. I ALSO HAVE BEEN LURKING AND NOT REALLY INTO POSTING...OOOOOOOPSY...OH CRAPOLA...no more cap locks...look trixstar, I can be a good girl....lol..I picked up the caplocks habit out of sheer laziness..I hate trying to capitalize my (i)s
anyhooooo. I am crazy glad that all is well w/ everyone!!
minus illness and hangovers that is
Livewell: Soooooooo jealous about the bday cake!! glad to hear that your back on the wagon...it's a funky wagon to be on, dontcha think. I hear ya on the quitting smoking thing. It was
the hardest thing I ever did!! I will be smoke free for 2 years in June...yaaaaaaa....It sounds retarded but I locked myself in my room w/ the Band of Brothers series...it's a war series and didn't come out unless I had to!!! I have an 8 yr old she would have been about 6 at the time...thank goodness I had great roommates at the time.....I WAS ABSOLUTLEY PSYCHOTIC!!!!! I would start crying w/o warning, yelling for nuttin....and just plain misserable....sucked to be around me...anyhow the point is (I am such a rambler, one of the reasons I limit my posting bc I'd nvr leave, have a hard time signing off as it is w/o crazy rambling post girl getting out..lol there I go again) POINT IS.....I tried to isolate myself ..not always possible ...work pals got the worst of it...I also talked to myself and told myself that the cravings would pass in about 10 mins..and they did ....I don't know if any of this will help...I do know that you and your lungs are worth the short term, crazy distress that quitting causes...if you need someone to randomly yell at for no good reason, look me up...I am usually lurking and would love to help out anyway I can.....and hey looooooooooooove the snotty I do not eat refined sugars....lmao sooooooooo damn cute...I do the same thing minus the hoity toity voice, tho I believe I will steal it (if that's ok), and see what happens when I bring it out...damn I hope I can keep a straight face...I sooooooooo love peoples
reactions to different stimulas...ooooopsy

ssofian: how's everything with you and yours...I hope your MIL is doing well..sending you all kinds of possitive energy

Tricious: HIYA LADY tee hee! glad you had crazy fun and sucky about the late night hang over....but a HUGE caplocked YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA FOR YOU on the no to the ice cream!!!!!!! Much like smoking it gets easier as time goes on...minus my crazy portion control issues lately damn me damn me damn me...lol...a work in progress tho

Tumteetum: tag your it....
whatcha doing? so glad lunch with your sister was a success!!! I have a hard time w/ my relatives at times sooo I hear ya!!

foxgloves: hop on board the crazy train..if ya dare!!! hee hee..I love that you'd like to hear about our 'antics' I will endever to keep it interesting!!! congrats on your next wee one...I have one beautiful monster..she's 8 and sooooooooooo much fun!!! anyhooo welcome to the fun!!!!!

High...went swimming with my monster, today...had a great time and yesturday went and hung out at the beach w/ monster and our 2 friends Cindy and Zack....I love life
Low...still having issues w/ portion control and exercise...damn damn damn..but I am working on it and will be doing crazy commute tom ...car is broken so I spend 4 hours in transit 2 and from work...the good news is, it forces me to do a swack of walking...I do love to walk so i really don't mind...the time it takes to get to work and back IS KILLING ME tho!!!!

have a great day/night all

Last edited by DHARMA BUM : Sun, Apr-24-05 at 16:46.
  #36   ^
Old Sun, Apr-24-05, 17:00

BF:

Dharma you crack me up. Try rolling your R's with it - "I do not eat RRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrefineddd sugars"! Boy your in an excellent mood today made me laugh all the way through your post. Gave me a good pickup today.

Ive been going through zillions of avatars trying to figure out "who/what" I want to be lol. Havent found anything definite yet - THE SEARCH CONTINUES!~!!~!~!!~

Foxgluvs: Im soooooooo scared of that exact thing happening. My mother always swears that once you lose weight you get preggers. She says its like a rule or something. I dont like that rule and I plan on breaking it!

Low today: hmm I already said..forgot what it was though, probobly no engery. I guess that still stands...better though.

High today: yea I know I already stated this..but Im having a fabulous hair day!
  #37   ^
Old Sun, Apr-24-05, 18:30

BF:

Its me again... See I dont post for a few days then go all mad on the posts and type 20 of them in a row.

Anywho Ive decided to go on induction again tomorrow, for at least one week. Im going to be counting carbs again too instead of just logging foods. I feel all worried (GUILT!) from the cheat so I want to make sure to get back into ketosis. Does anyone want to jump on with me? Or is that what you stay at anyway. I cant stand staying at just 20 carbs a day. I know alot of people do it, I dont really think it makes me lose any faster or slower so I dont bother. I just do the OWL (ongoing weight loss). Much better for me. I like to stay between 25-35 (sometimes 40) carbs a day.

Heck I might do it completely the right way and figure out my CCL this time out. I wonder what it is. Wouldnt it be awsome if it was like 60g a day (FAT CHANCE).
  #38   ^
Old Sun, Apr-24-05, 20:08

BF:

Hey you, yes you, miss Livewell:

I am technically on induction, but, as we all know, (bc I constantly whine about it) I am having some serious portion issues and my carb count has sky rocketed at times....ooooooopsy....so I will jump on your strict induction wagon and scream YEEEEEEEHAAAAAA when I get my motor running again!!!! I'd also like to know what my CCL is...wouldn't it be great if it was something like that...I'd soooooooo be YAHHHOOOOOing all day long....lol Sadly, I know that sooo won't be the case ;( I stopped losing when I stopped behaving myself on my strict induction..)

P.S. LUV YOUR AVATAR!!!! VERY FUNKY!!!!!
P.P.S. I am in a GREAT mood today and am soooooooo glad that you have enjoyed it!!!!!
  #39   ^
Old Mon, Apr-25-05, 06:07

Plan: low carb
Stats: 263/186/154 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 71%

ssofian.. great news about your MIL.. is she home safe and sound now ?? and how was the evening out with the Graduate Student Assoc ?? where are you ?? come out and say Hi

Tricia.. how is the new plan going ?? and how was the weigh in ?? come on.. I wanna know ! we wanna share with ya

Dharma.. WOW a concert.. who did you go see ?? I havent been to a concert in a couple of years, the last I saw was Robbie Williams (phoarrrrrr lol)... and hey, whats this "tag Im it stuffies" ?? HELP.. lmao. your post absolutely cracked me up.. well done on quitting the smokes..

Amber.. how are you feeling now ?? sorry to hear you havent been feeling too good... did you get to the zoo ?? and WOW, I bet it did take a while to get used to your nephew, but good for you I say.. !!.. hows the induction going ?? and Happy Belated Birthday to you x

Foxy.. Hi and welcome .. and congrats on your pregnancy.. are you getting used to the idea now ?? I would positively pass out if I found out I was pregnant LOL.. Im going to be a grandmother for the first time in 8 weeks.. I dont think Id cope well with 2 little babies right now LOL.

Did I forget anyone ?? I hope I didnt.. bad me and grovelling apologies if I did !! I've been missing cos my darn internet connection went titties up on me, so have been without the web for nearly 4 days .. 4 DAYS !!! I thought Id go insane.. but according to my delightful charming hubster thats impossible as Im already there.. but what does he know anyway ? LOL.

:New Flash:
Sarah worked out every day, and didnt cheat !!!
(so thats over with.. now I can talk about lots of nothing hehe)

Hubs got his new motorbike.. woohoo...sexy beast that is, there is something about him in leather that just appeals to lil ole me.. but I'll shurrup about that.. haha. I havent had chance to go on the back with him yet as he's been working, or the weather has been a bit blah.. Foxy, how was your weather down where you are ?? Im in East Anglia and it was glorious yesterday (but we took the kiddly winks and doglets out for a prance about the woods.. so no bike ride yesterday for me).. and Saturday was a bit dull and I thought it was going to hammer it down, but it didnt luckily... I wonder if I can fit in my leather trousers yet ?? now that will be an achievement if I can get in those AND breathe lol.

Oh and I got a question.. does anyone eat fresh coconut ?? I was looking at the carb content of coconut and its really low with a high amount of fibre.. well.. according to FitDay anyway.. I think I might have to get me some to chomp on. I dont wanna stall, but its gotta be better than eating nuts surely ??

Now much else happening here, nothing exciting anyway.. kids are at school, men are working, eldest is upstairs pretending to tidy her room, dogs have crashed out.. just an ordinary day here

Anyway... High- erm.. being able to chill and not dash about like a loonie, and getting internet back.. yayyyyyyy.
Lo- really wanting coconut and not having any in the house

Hope you all have a fantastic dayyyyy xx

Last edited by tumteetum : Mon, Apr-25-05 at 06:16.
  #40   ^
Old Mon, Apr-25-05, 10:07

BF:

YUMMMMMMMMM .. boiled eggs...

Oh well, one week isnt going to kill me. I cant wait until I can have some cheese or something on it without having to worry about too many carbs.

Zoo time tomorrow! (hopefully).. weather isnt the best right now.

Hows everyones weigh in's going? Im up by 1.2lb. Good job with everything everyone!

Oh oh and no cigaretts so far...of course Ive only been up for 3 hours.

Missed you Sarah, glad your back!

High for the day: headache went away

Low for the day: belly is rumbly, still feeling a little icky
  #41   ^
Old Mon, Apr-25-05, 20:42

BF:

HOLA GIRLS AND...WELL GIRLS...wth no boys eh...hmmmmm oh well, they'd probably just get all squeemish on us...lol
It's a beautiful day here!! the sun is shinning, I managed to stay on track mostly and I excersised yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa me!!!

tumteetum:Glad that your internet is up and running!!! I have a crazy archaic comp that breaks really frequently and I go nuts w/o access to this forum!!! (lucky I have a friend that tweeks it for me whenever it gets all tempermental on me) YAAAAAAAAAa for you on working out everyday!! I walked alot today and am feeling quite proud of myself!!! I went to the TEAPARTY concert ....wow great show...it was at a smaller venue which was wow...the band is soooooo very simular to the Doors...the lead singer even looks like JIm Morrison...YUM YUM YUM!!!!...I sooo want a motorcycle....just for one summer tho...I'd love to go on a road trip...to where ever the wind blows me!!! I made a crazy list of things I had to do b4 I die w/ a wonderfully crazy friend of mine and that is one of the things on my list. Nope, I don't eat coconut but, would love to have some now that you mention it...hmmmmmmm....I will wait till I have my 'issues' under control then I shall chomp chomp on some ....let me know how it goes for you...plse and ty....OH Ya 'tag your it'
is a little thing I say when I end up missing a friend and having to leave a message.....it's from playing tag when I was a real child ....not just an adult playing one

Livewell: I am soooo crazy moody about eggs...especially boiled ones...some days I crave them and others.....EWWWWWWW.
The zoo...I wanna go, I wanna go, I wanna go....I love zoos. I think my daughter wants to go...gotta love kids, they are the fountain of youth...she gives me an excuse to act like a whacked out weirdy!! Yaaaaaaaa her!!! not that I really need an excuse mind you lol....yaaaaaaaa for you and no cigs!!!!! I kinda did a wonderful induction day today...I did have an americano (decaf) w/ cream and sugar free syrup tho this morning ....oooooopsy I fell into that damn coffee shop and some guy pushed me to the front of the line and well...they were all staring at me ...really I swear....lol....and I did kinda have a lick of not carb friendly peanut butter while making my daughter's lunch ...but other than that I will call today a HUGE success!!!!

Hi to everyone else!!!! HOPE YOUR DAY WAS UBBER FUN!!!!!

HIgh : I excersised!!!!! I walked alot today!!!!!

Low: I ate that damn peanut butter!!!!! just a smidgen but still damn damn damn!!! I forgave myself the coffee...it really was that guys fault, you know...tee hee ..

Last edited by DHARMA BUM : Mon, Apr-25-05 at 20:54.
  #42   ^
Old Tue, Apr-26-05, 07:09
entering eclipse

Plan: atkins
Stats: 320/300.3/145 Female 165cm
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default Sorry

Hi all..looks like everyone's in a good mood! Nice to see...especially my friend nutty Dharma...

I haven't been on for a while cause I seriously just got way to bummed out and everyone seemed to be feeling pretty upbeat and well...basically just couldn't bring myself to be a big rain cloud....

SO my weigh in was zilch and I truly am confused/frustrated/angry.....! I haven' t been cheating, I've been sticking as close to the 20g's carb as I can especially after starting the planner and seeing all the hidden points...damn hiders! Anyways....succinctly I was REALLY B****y and didn't think I could handle hearing about stalls and "this happens.." etc... very cranky me...

The way I see it is I'm just starting , eating what I consider nothing for carbs and it's not happening...when it should be. I'm trying to think about the future and I know for SURE I can't keep all carbs out of my life like this forever and if it doesn't work when I weigh 300+ pounds how will it work later???
I know I need to get excercising I truly do but ......see completely whinging here..lol which is why I wasn't posting.....but then I guess that's what this place is for right? to whine...........

I do feel thinner, but then I step on the scale and think I'm just deluding myself again....I heard before that scales never measure accurately when you are at the top of the scale...this is a digital scale that only goes 5kg more than what I weigh I am not able to go to a doctors/health center to weigh in as It is very difficult to get them to understand what I need and I honestly don't need the embarrassment...so maybe no scale, I don't know...

The good thing is it hasn't beaten me...I'm cutting out more animal meat for a bit to see if that helps and eating mainly fish, eggs, some cheese, some salad...was going to excercise but then I got this stupid cold yesterday and I feel a bit fluey so it will have to wait....

ok, anyways, that's where I've been in my own private pity party...lol

Livewell- nice avatar! Nope I never got that ice cream, they don't have it here and I can't order it anywhere.. probably better though... and congrats on the no ciggs...!! AM definately in with ya for the strict induction....

Foxgluvs - nice to see you! always great to have new people!! great success on the weight loss BTW! How are you adjusting to the immaculate conception pregnancy? hopefully getting better...

Tumteetum - glad to hear you have your computer back! It's my lifesaver over here, oh and my cat....I am so jealous of you! what I wouldn't give to have a sexy man in my life wearing leather and riding a motorbike....hmmm just thinking about it gives me somehing MORE to work towards...hee hee..not your DH...lol just gave me the idea..yum YUM OH and congrats on the working out!! you go girl!

Dharma - great to hear about all your energy! I'm sure your little girl would LOVE to go to the zoo......maybe they have some blue haired monkeys, I hear the kids absolutely LOVE them...

ssofian........Where oh where can ssofian be, oh where oh where can she be???

Hi - cut my hair and think it looks ok, and think my face in my current picture looks thinner than my before photo...(let me know whould ya??)

low- stinky COLD!! sniff sniff *cough* *cough*uuuuuughhhhh

Thanks for being here!!
  #43   ^
Old Tue, Apr-26-05, 07:20

BF:

Well yesterday went great up until dinner time. The roast wasnt done...and didnt seem to be getting done anytime soon. I am cooking it in a slow cooker and Im not sure how to use one. I put it on for like 10 hours and it still wasnt done! So anyway the "pizza" suggestion got thrown around for about a half hour (took so long because I was soooooo close to giving in).

But in the end we pulled it off and had chef salads instead! Yea!! BUT...huge pizza and sweet cravings where still there so about 3 hours later I made myself a low carb wrap calzone. It was good. Cravings subsided ~ and NO SMOKIING!

Not going to the zoo today, its rainy. Hopefully next Tuesday will be ok.

Good job Dharma on your good induction day, And the exercise. I havent gotten myself up to doing that yet, HATE IT!

Tricia ~ WHERE ARE YOUUUUUUUUUU!!

Have fun all!!!

Amber
  #44   ^
Old Tue, Apr-26-05, 07:29

BF:

There you are! Bad girl sneaking in on me when Im posting.

Glad to hear from you. Sorry your down Its hard at first. Like I said I had a rough time at first too. Finding what makes me stall out and relizing the REAL carbs I was eating. I've been in a funky mood myself lately. Seem to be comeing out of if though so thats good. Im real proud that you havent run off though and joined the carb circus. At least your still trying! You'll get it mastered im sure. I love that new picture of you. I dont know about the thinner face because I only looked once at the pic before, but I think your so cute! Your makeup is different or your face color is better on this current pic I think. Stay on track ~ we dont want to lose you!!

Amber xx
  #45   ^
Old Tue, Apr-26-05, 07:31

BF:

quick note for the lovely and devine triscious!!!!! WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU IN ALL MOODS!!!! NEVER EVER EVER STAY AWAY IF YOU NEED US...THAT'S WHAT WE ARE ALL HERE FOR!!!!!...damn caplocks got me again...and no time to fix...ooooooooopsy!!!! I gotta go to work now ...but stick with it girl ..trust me I'd never lie to you ..it will work out...I have read alot of posts where pple s scales don't show a change but pple are loosing inches...we will figure this out together and we will pervail!!!!

me