Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, May-25-06, 06:11
Butter is Better!

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 234/220.4/160 Female 5"8.5"
BF:its back again!
Progress: 18%

I have a lot of different ones so i don't get bored, but i get most of mine used, on ebay, i got 31 for $6 and at the library sale 12 ~ 10 cents each, people who do not stick with it often sell them cheap, I do like the tae bo ones, and the firm, I also have callenetics, pilates, and a lot I have not gotten to try yet.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, May-25-06, 07:00
7 yrs and counting!

Plan: Vegan/Crossfit
Stats: 285/212/199 Female 5'7
BF:33.4%
Progress: 85%

I'm starting aerobic striptease from carmen electra today...they just came in the mail last night.
  #18   ^
Old Thu, May-25-06, 07:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 234/141.8/149 Female 5'5.5"
BF:
Progress: 108%

I'm a HUGE fan of at-home fitness videos. I have enough to be embarrassed by it. LOL

Slim In Six
Power 90
Winsor Pilates
Project: You!
Great Body Guaranteed
The FIRM
Callanetics
Yoga Booty Ballet
Turbo Jam - something you might really dig if you like Tae Bo. It's a mixture of kickboxing, tae kwon do, and hip-hop
Various dance videos.

If you're not sure what floats your boat, stop by the library and check out a bunch of videos there. That way you can get your feet wet in some of the various programs before you take the monetary plunge.
  #19   ^
Old Fri, May-26-06, 06:00

Stats: 218/198/150 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 29%

Quote:
I'm starting aerobic striptease from carmen electra today...they just came in the mail last night.

That sounds like alot of fun How much does that cost?
  #20   ^
Old Fri, May-26-06, 06:43

Stats: 234/141.8/149 Female 5'5.5"
BF:
Progress: 108%

Aerobic StripTease *is* a lot of fun, but if you're at an intermediate exercise level, I wouldn't call it very aerobic.

A blast though! - And you can get it at stripteaseaerobics.com
  #21   ^
Old Fri, May-26-06, 09:16
7 yrs and counting!

Plan: Vegan/Crossfit
Stats: 285/212/199 Female 5'7
BF:33.4%
Progress: 85%

I'll agreee with brook, it's not "aerobic" per say..but it is a workout and it's fun. I think it was roughly 35 dollars for the set of 5 movies...and i paid for standard shipping and got it in three days.
  #22   ^
Old Fri, May-26-06, 11:15

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 198/137/120 Female 5'3
BF:25.2
Progress: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by annasophia
i only like exercise if im athome,or in private...i used to do tae bo, but bored of it now

anyone use any good fitness videos?

i hate exercise soooooo much
x

I'm at my gym 6 days a week (taking classes and weight training), but I also do home videos to supplement my routine. I've been doing some of these for years now and still love them and still feel challenged.

Slim in 6 - I'm at the highest level now and this is what started it all for me back in 2001
Power 90 - has both cardio and weight training in 35 minute sesssions each
The Firm - second edition (the 3rd & 4th ones just aren't as good IMHO)
Windsor Pilates - I do the accelerated when I have the time or 20 minute one twice a week when I don't
Crunch Pilates - a newer one I'm still getting used to, might end up switching off b/w Windsor and this one one day a week
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Jun-20-06, 23:38
Registered Member

Plan: Carbs not
Stats: 159/124/130 Female 67 inches
BF:Playing the field
Progress: 121%

I've got a Firm tape (??Back to Basics, ??Basic--it's the chick in the yellow leotard) that still kicks my butt on the leg workout, and I've been a runner for years. I also have Cathe Friedrich "Maximum Intensity Strength" which is a tough workout tape for upper and lower. Some days I do the first 30 minutes (lower + back), then the last section (arms, abs) the following day to break it up. I also have a Gilad abs tape that's pretty good. I browse fitness magazines at the magazine stand, and if I see a workout I like, I buy the magazine and tear out the pages. I've got a good collection of Pilates moves this way.

I have a gym in my building, which is good for those midnight treadmill runs when I can't sleep and some Nautilus work with the stereo going full bore. Otherwise, I run outside almost daily.
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Jul-19-06, 13:06
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 175/175/130 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 0%

I love the Fit to strip by Carmen Electra although i only use dvd 2 it is an actual workout dvd and will kick your BUTT!!! I also love denise Austin's videos she will kick your butt too i have her dvd from last year Power Zone it comes with a resistance band too I really love these two workouts, although I have quite a lot of different videos lol they get addicting.
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Aug-09-06, 20:21
Registered Member

Plan: Meat & Egg fast
Stats: 240/159/120 Female 5'4 inches
BF:27%
Progress: 68%

I bought the aerobic striptease level 1, by Carmen Electra, hoping to get some exersize with it and also learn some sexy moves!
and it was not a bad,
but I dident really feel like it was a workout , dident even get my heart rate up at all, and its kind of hard to follow and I felt really stuped doing it at the weight I am at and all the ladys in her video are real thin, so I have put it aside for until I get closer to my goal weight, lol, I kept worrying my husband or the kids would see me doing it and laugh,
So what I am doing now is Kathy Smiths step aerobics workout, it fun, and does really get me heart rate up there, its real easy to follow, (after the first few times of practice of course!). and like all step aerobics its great for getting lean thighs and working the glutes,which the Lord knows I need help with!,lol.
of course you have to buy a step to go with the dvd, but I found one for only $20.00 at walmart,thats where I got the DVD too.
Love Lisa
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Aug-17-06, 10:52

Stats: 300/227/210 Male 6'
BF:
Progress: 81%

Whatever you do/choose, make sure you love doing it or you won't continue the program. They all work, but only if you actually do them.
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Aug-17-06, 11:18
Registered Member

Stats: -/-/- Female 5'10''
BF:TOO MUCH!
Progress: 0%

Well I must confess. I have tons of workout videos... tae bo, walk away the pounds, strip tease, paula abdul's dance off, callanetics... just tons. However, my favorite up to date is Richard Simmon's Disco Sweat. LOL! While he can be very annoying, it works better than anything I've tried! It's not hard to follow.... and it really gets your heart rate up. I used this a couple years ago when I was on atkins and it made such a big difference than just jogging on the treadmill or other hard to do workout videos. Sadly to say, I have no idea where you'd find one. I guess thrift stores or libraries have older videos... I got mine from my grandmother! Yes, it's embarassing but it WORKS!
  #28   ^
Old Fri, Mar-02-07, 05:55
Registered Member

Plan: CALP
Stats: 180/166/155 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 56%

Give the Biggest Loser DVDs a try. Of course I was hooked on the show so its like working out with people I know! There is a season 1 and 2 so there is plenty of variety. I think I like the first one better- but between the 2 there is plenty to choose from. Walmart and Amazon both have them for less than $10. Good luck!
  #29   ^
Old Sat, Apr-14-07, 21:45

Stats: 213/189/155 Male 5' 8"
BF:27
Progress: 41%

I gotta agree that The Biggest Loser workout is pretty good. I think I got the second season one. My only problem is that the trainer seems to get a little annoying after a while, but if u put your own music on instead of the sound it's not so bad.

I just started on the Slim In 6 workouts and they seem to be more to what I'm looking for. They are a little less intese on my knees as compared to TBL workout.
  #30   ^
Old Thu, May-24-07, 16:48
Registered Member

Stats: 230/214/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 18%

I love yoga booty ballet and carmen electra strip tease... the second one in the set is the one that gets your heart pounds and shapes you up... its called "Fit to Strip."

Samantha22 you got all 5 for 35 bucks? damn... i paid twice that