Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Fri, Apr-08-05, 15:08

Plan: cut out carbs
Stats: 299.2/205.5/168 Female 173cm
BF:41%
Progress: 71%

yeh theres at least 3 i can use, but im usin the one nearest me,evn tho they ask me dumb questions like that, AND im gna walk there and bk each time most ppl get there in 10min but cz im a slow walker id get there in 20, could be my little warm up, would i stil need to warm up when i get there as well? is stretchin the muscles REALLY improtant?
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, Apr-08-05, 16:06

Plan: low carb
Stats: 173/135.8/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 87%

I always do some arm circles and movements like that to just get my joints and muscles ready for what I'm fixing to make them do. You could do that at home before you start your walk to the gym, which is a fine idea. Then you should be ready to get started when you get there.
  #33   ^
Old Fri, Apr-08-05, 16:19

although i wanted to have private sessions the one i picked doesnt do that did u feel self conscience wen u was exercisin for the 1st time? how much is the most u ever weighed?
  #34   ^
Old Fri, Apr-08-05, 16:29

BF:

Here is a thread that you might enjoy reading. http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...67&page=1&pp=15

Yes, anytime you do something new you feel a little self concious. And you'll be in a new place, doing new things.....but just keep focused on what your goals are. This time next year you'll be so glad you did. It is a wonderful gift to give yourself. And if you let fear control you, you'll miss out on so much in life.
The most I ever weighed when I wasn't pregnant was 173. That was in 2000.
  #35   ^
Old Fri, Apr-08-05, 16:46

i did try goin once b4 wen i was 14, but then aload of girls from my skol who used to bully me at skol i felt uncomfortable although they didnt say anything i stil stopped goin
  #36   ^
Old Fri, Apr-08-05, 17:41

is that 173 kilos or pounds? if pounds then thats only 12 stone
  #37   ^
Old Fri, Apr-08-05, 18:11

BF:

It is 173 pounds.
I'm sorry you had such a bad experience the first time you joined a gym. You are an adult now, and shouldn't have that kind of experience now. I hope this time you won't let mean people stand in your way of getting in shape. Once you start, start a gym log here on the forum and post what all you are doing. I think the trainers there will put you on a good plan. And all the walking to and from the gym will also be very good for you.
  #38   ^
Old Fri, Apr-08-05, 18:35

12stone is a normal weight tho so if that is the most u have ever weighed why did u start to lose weight? with such a smal amount to lose the skin wudnt be a prob for u but with sumone like me with lots to lose then im mor likely to hav probs,so altho u havent lost such a large amount can u be so sure it wil be so easy for someone like me? s
  #39   ^
Old Fri, Apr-08-05, 19:54

BF:

Quote:

quote: but with sumone like me with lots to lose then im mor likely to hav probs,so altho u havent lost such a large amount can u be so sure it wil be so easy for someone like me?

You are right, what I've been telling you is only what I've read or heard, I haven't experienced it.
Have you gone and checked out the Triple Digits Club here on the forum? That is for people with at least 100 pounds to lose. You could talk to some people who have been right where you are now, and some who still are, and maybe get better advice.

Last edited by galatia : Fri, Apr-08-05 at 20:18.
  #40   ^
Old Fri, Apr-08-05, 20:24

na ur advice seems to be quite good so il stik with u if u dnt mind lol
  #41   ^
Old Sun, Apr-10-05, 10:46

Unhappy

my mate sed that he thinks iv lost weight, but then he sed that it looks like my stomach and tits are sagin from ware iv lost a bit of weight, is this the skin stretchin thing
  #42   ^
Old Sun, Apr-10-05, 11:05

BF:

You lose fat faster than your skin can contract. You have to be prepared for this. It will happen that way. As I've said before, skin is an amazing organ, it can repair an awfully lot of damage that we put it through, but it does take time. You MUST keep the bigger picture in mind. Just stop paying attention to your skin for awhile, other than taking care of it. And concentrate on doing all the right things, ie. eating properly, exercising, moisturizing, dry brushing (if you want to do that), etc. Spend some time every day taking some deep breaths, your body needs the oxygen in fat burning AND it is very relaxing .
  #43   ^
Old Sun, Apr-10-05, 17:40

so the main things i should be doin is the brushin, drinkin water, and moisterisin, and do this ALL over? every ware? EVERY day?
  #44   ^
Old Sun, Apr-10-05, 18:09

BF:

Well, drink the water and slather on the moisturizer after your bath. Bodybrushing, if you choose to do it, I'd start out at like once a week, and then as often as you feel like doing it. I've only done it about twice, I have read a lot of people really like it and think it helps. I plan to do it more frequently. Did you read the link I posted here about it? Are you taking any supplements now-- multivitamin, fish oil, anything like that? Your goal here is to get your skin in it's best possible shape so it can do optimal repair. Drinking water is the very best thing you can do, so don't forget to do that.
  #45   ^
Old Mon, Apr-11-05, 09:12

yeh im takin omega 3 oil. i noticed my knees are getin a bit boney only on one though wilst the other is stil fat only a slight dif though and i havent even started exercise yet, is the body ment to lose a bit of weight on just one side? i thought it would be a equal spread lol

Last edited by xnikx : Mon, Apr-11-05 at 10:54.