Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Students & Teens
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-23-05, 00:39

Plan: lowcarb
Stats: 227/223/150 Female 5ft 6in
BF:
Progress: 5%
Default what are you majoring in? and how long till you are done?

i'm a nursing major and i was an alternate for the nursing program at my school for fall of 2003. since then, they told me i needed to complete microbiology. up until this current spring semester 2005, i have not for the life of me been able to get into micro. i petitioned every semester and still no luck with the lottery. the california budget cuts that led to less classes didnt help me either. because the nursing department has to see my grade for micro, earliest i can get into the program is next spring of 2006. BLEH! 2 yrs o the program once i'm in.

what are all of your majors?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Mar-23-05, 10:38
Registered Member

Plan: Somersize
Stats: 215/210.5/145 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 6%

hi! I had one year of college in Iowa in the 1996-97 school year... then I quit and went back in Minnesota January 2004... overall it's going to take me total 5 years to finish - it takes 2 yrs / 4 semesters after I get accepted into the Social Work program which I'll be applying for in the fall. So right now it looks like December 07 for a grad. date. *rolls eyes* I'll be 6 months from turning 30! At least with the accredidation for the Social Work program, IF I decide to go to grad school I can have my MSW in 1 year instead of 2. Think I'm going to work for a while first and then decide on that though. I really want to work in child protective services which is one area where a lot of BSW's get hired anyway.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-25-05, 10:38
I will try...until.

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 288.5/207.5/110 Female 61'
BF:52/52/20
Progress: 45%

I am majoring in English, and I have no clue how long it will take me. I have been taking my time. Hehe.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-28-05, 09:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 158/158/125 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress:

I'm an English (BA) and Justice Systems (BS) double. That means not only do I have to do all my major requirments, but there is very little cross-over.

I have to drop down to 12 hours this semester because of personal reasons, so now its gonna take me even longer.

I'm a sophomore, I was going to have 60 hours by the end of this semester, but since I came in a BIO major, some of those don't count.

I'm on the 5 year plan. And that includes two summer's worth of courses. And if I choose to study abroad or take an internship...I'll be on the 5.5 year plan.

Just call me the Super-Super-Senior.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Mar-28-05, 11:40
Registered Member

Plan: modified atkins
Stats: 225/220.5/150 Female 56 inches
BF:
Progress: 6%

Hey dont worry i am on the 5 1/2 year plan myself!! Came into college studying Meteorology and switched to Early Childhood Special Ed. when i was a junior, so that threw my 2yrs behind!! I'll graduate Dec '06!! whoo hooo
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Mar-31-05, 16:21

Plan: my own
Stats: 249.5/237/150 Female 5ft 7in
BF:
Progress: 13%

im pretty much in the same boat your in mizz. this is my third year as a pre-nursing student. i am finishing my last prereq. classes this semester. i had the same problem with microbiology too, it was always full by the time i registered. since we register online though i got one of my friends with an earlier registration date than mine to pick up the class for me and then drop it, then i picked it up. To get into the nursing program here it is all based on what gpa you get in the prereqs. so everyone is ranked by their gpa and the highest ones get in. i think the lowest gpa that got in last semester was a 3.6. hopefully i will be able to get into the program.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Apr-03-05, 15:07
Registered Member

Plan: my own
Stats: 160/140/145 Female 5'10''
BF:
Progress: 133%

Psychology major...two years left, then it's off to Arizona for grad school!!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Apr-04-05, 12:12

Plan: Atkins/PP
Stats: 140/135/100 Female 5'3"
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 13%

Hi, good to see other college students here! I was majoring in Elementary education and Art (switched from English) but I'm not in school right now. I withdrew from school after getting really depressed bc a lot of bad things happened(and now gaining a ton of weight from being sad and on meds!) that made it impossible to concentrate or go to my job. Then I ran out of money for my apartment, car and tuition buying things to try to make myself happy. Now I'm living at home with my parents and trying to find a job so when I'm feeling better I can return to school and finish. Sometimes I'm afraid I'll never graduate! Anybody else take a year off and still find it easy to get back into the swing of things?
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Apr-07-05, 14:50

Plan: life without bread
Stats: 150/130/130 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi! I'm graduating in May with a BS in geological sciences and a minor in anthropology (emphasis on human evolution rather than cultural). The anthro is starting to push me more and more towards the paleodiet. I'm actually finishing in 4 years, but only because I took classes every summer.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Apr-13-05, 11:36
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins?
Stats: 224/210/180 Male 5ft 9in
BF:
Progress: 32%

Graduated from Univ. of California with Chemistry degree ('04) and starting PhD program this fall in Chemistry
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Apr-27-05, 09:54

Plan: Own
Stats: 350/249/190 Male 69"
BF:Nope, straight
Progress: 63%

I'm a history major, currently taking a year off. I'll be a junior when I return to school next year at the U of M.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Apr-27-05, 17:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 303/270/220 Male 6'2"
BF:yummy
Progress: 40%

Mechanical engineering, and Computer Science.......I'm working full-time and doing school 3/4 time.....so it's taking me a while...............
  #13   ^
Old Tue, May-03-05, 06:42

Plan: general
Stats: 155/155/125 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress:

Geesh....its been so long since I've been here. School really got me busy.

I'm majoring in communications....well, more specifically Community Relations Management. I SHOULD be done May 2007 from Cleveland State University. I'm on the 5 yr. program as well.
  #14   ^
Old Tue, May-03-05, 12:27

Plan: keto <50 net carbs
Stats: 183/163/140 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 47%

I'm a 1st year ~ UCSD-still on track to finish-in-four!! We'll see how that goes though. My major is biochemistry because I want to get into genetic engineering.

Is anybody living on campus? Does anybody think it's EASIER to eat low carb since there are so many choices and WE DON'T HAVE TO COOK ANY OF THEM?? Just what I noticed, I don't know how easy it'll be to keep this up once I go home in June. I'll take any suggestions. Thanks!
  #15   ^
Old Tue, May-03-05, 12:33
library diva

Plan: atkins
Stats: 242/156.5/130 Female 5'4"
BF:way/too/high
Progress: 76%

Got my BA in Communications- I am now in Graduate School for Library and Information Science- working full time and taking 2 courses a semester, year round- should graduate December of 2006.