Just wanted to thank you for this post - I've been referring to it often lately as I try to refine my WOE. I *was* tempted to try that meat & egg fast, but after reading this thread, I realized that I truly haven't been doing all that I can do on the Atkins plan anyway - it makes so much more sense to go back to induction and eliminate things that could be causing my stall.
I've stalled since April. I also stayed away from these forums for awhile because I was too busy dealing with some personal stress and didn't have the energy or motivation to post or read.
I've since returned, and after a couple of weeks of reading (and in particular, this post of yours), I've managed to:
1. eliminate nuts
2. eliminate Diet Coke
3. decrease coffee consumption (too much cream for me)
4. stop thinking, "Oh a glass or two of wine won't make any difference" - I've now cut that out too
5. stopped eating those Reese's 1 carb Peanut Butter cups
6. water consumption is up ever so slightly - still working on it
7. cheese consumption is down to more reasonable levels
8. I'm eating more regularly again (got into a habit of not eating till like 2pm there for awhile, now I'm eating my breakfast again)
9. I'm back to actually measuring the blue cheese dressing, caesar salad dressing, ranch dressing etc. Because these dressings are so thick, it's easy to overdo it on portion sizes. Now I just make sure I mix it into my salads instead of gooping it on.
10. eliminated pork rinds
So thanks a bunch - it was your post that made the difference in my decision to "get real" with myself.