Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#76   ^
Old Mon, Mar-28-05, 16:03
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 315/274/175 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 29%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terranova
Since when do all rich people "work their tails off" much less "succeed" at anything beyond spending their quarterly dividends?

Rebutting one illogical prejudice with another doesn't exactly tilt the debate scales to your favor, dear.

since when do all rich people just sit around "spending their quarterly dividends?"
so see how you just did it yourself there "DEAR."

ooooh but does the bitterness show. wooohooo
i'm not some rich person here, but to claim that those who are, dont work for it....well, what the heck are WE all working for??? personally, i wouldnt mind having a lot of money. and my husband??? FORGET IT...works himself to death to succeed, and succeed BIG one day.
so when he does it (b/c i have confidence that he will) and he is rich and wants to relax and enjoy what he busted a** for, well....youre still going to be the one seeing him as just another rich guy who's "sitting around spending his quarterly dividends." you wont see the guy who delivered bread at 3 am from 18 years old. you'll see what you want to see and thats why youll be exactly where you are now.

eve

ETA that "all" was your word, not mine ANYWAY

Last edited by eve25 : Mon, Mar-28-05 at 16:08.
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Mon, Mar-28-05, 16:23

Plan: 00000000
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 0000
BF:
Progress: 38%

I honestly don't understand why everyone is jumping on Drippin's case? Didn't you read where he said wealth is ONE factor in controlling your weight? I live in an area where there are only PAID membership gyms. Also, only after my mother got promoted, was she able to get liposuction. So even if wealth is not a factor in weight control FOR YOU, does NOT mean that it is not a factor at all.
  #78   ^
Old Mon, Mar-28-05, 16:43
Registered Member

Stats: 315/274/175 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 29%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrippinBld
If you're obese and rich - it's probably safe to say you aren't putting your money to good use.

drippin also said this.
  #79   ^
Old Mon, Mar-28-05, 16:50

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 211/198/135 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 17%

I don't know Kirstie personally but I do know her brother. She grew up in Wichita KS and I live near her brother in the country near Wichita. She did work her butt off (no pun intended) to get where she is. She did not grow up rich and to get from KS to Hollywood is no small feat. If she is anything like her brother, she is a very nice person. She may not be, but she does have his sense of humor, and I say go girl! Some people are sloppy fat and some have it packed in tight and it is hard to say how much any of them weigh. I haven't posted in these discussions before, so hopefully I don't get attacked for trying to defend her a little.
  #80   ^
Old Mon, Mar-28-05, 16:54
Terranova

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eve25
since when do all rich people just sit around "spending their quarterly dividends?"

I never said ALL of them do. That is quite the opposite of the point I was making. I don't have the black and white problem- I manage to see grey quite well. Some of them do, some of them don't. Some poor people work their tails off and some don't. You seem to have missed my point entirely or simply prefer to go off making wild presumptions about people regardless of any facts that might be on the table. Why on earth would you conclude I am "bitter"? That's truly a bizarre inference, hun. I already conceded both sides of the original argument were illogically prejudiced - in effect agreeing with you.

You're not not making your argument look much better with these misquotes, half-truths and ridiculous presumptions.

Quote:
i'm not some rich person here, but to claim that those who are, dont work for it....well, what the heck are WE all working for???

ok I'll buy that you don't realize that not all rich people "work". Some don't. Some never have and never will. Sometimes 'work' has almost nothing to do with being, getting or staying rich. In fact, most people will "work their tails off" all their lives and "succeed" at many things yet never become "rich". So there must be some other methods of being/getting/staying "rich" than just working ones tail off and 'succeeding'. To answer your question, though, I work to survive (needs) and to have things I want. My sincere best wishes to your husband in getting monetarily rich, lol, if that is how he chooses to measure his "success" in life.

Quote:
ETA that "all" was your word, not mine ANYWAY

Denial is not a river in Egypt, lol. .
  #81   ^
Old Mon, Mar-28-05, 17:00

BF:

"If you're obese and rich - it's probably safe to say you aren't putting your money to good use."

Well Eve25, I can't completely agree with that statement. But seeing as buying healthful food and even exercise equipment IS putting your money to good use, I can see why some people would think that doing the opposite isn't a wise choice -- money-wise, or more importantly, health-wise.
  #82   ^
Old Mon, Mar-28-05, 19:12

Stats: 225/162/149 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:
Progress: 83%

Money, or the lack thereof, had nothing to do with MY weight issues. I have actually gained since we have become more affluent over the years,,,,,,,,,,,,better dinners, lol!
  #83   ^
Old Mon, Mar-28-05, 19:13

Plan: low carb
Stats: 189/136/136 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Drippin said it would be safe to say that if you are rich and obese you are not putting your money to good use,

i dont remenber lipo or paid memberships being discused but you cant tell me you have to have lipo and gym membership rich or poor to be fit and health.

what about the people that are just getting by and they are fit for free....
walking jogging,tapes on tv running after kids,
putting their forks down......

I also think rich people,most of them work their butts off.

Oprah is the riches woman in the world and she has a big time....excuse the pun,weight problem.
  #84   ^
Old Mon, Mar-28-05, 20:00

BF:

cygirl: READ what I said. NO ONE said that state of financial success depends for everyone!

"So even if wealth is not a factor in weight control FOR YOU, does NOT mean that it is not a factor at all."

That's what I said, ok? No one is saying that you CAN'T lose weight without spending a lot of money, but it does help more than a few.
  #85   ^
Old Wed, Mar-30-05, 18:43

Plan: A lifestyle change
Stats: 270/248/186 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 26%

Anybody know how hard Paris Hilton worked to become wealthy? Just asking
  #86   ^
Old Wed, Mar-30-05, 19:34

BF:

Ya but look how thin she is..
  #87   ^
Old Wed, Mar-30-05, 20:04

Plan: Pregnant
Stats: 318.5/276/190 Female 5 9
BF:
Progress: 33%

Yeah, taping your sex life and acting like you didnt know it burns lots of calories.......

hee hee hee
  #88   ^
Old Wed, Mar-30-05, 20:06

BF:

I would tape my sex life for her money.
  #89   ^
Old Wed, Mar-30-05, 20:11
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

I'd have a lot of blank tape, and I'd STILL be broke. <sigh>

The trick in some cases of extreme thinness OR wealth is to pick the right parents, I guess.
  #90   ^
Old Wed, Mar-30-05, 20:13

Plan: 000
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I think she spends the money she could use for food on accessories for Tinkerbell lol.

sorry had to be catty. I'm not jealous of her though I'd like about 20 lbs more on her, then I'd be jealous!
Closed Thread