Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-16-05, 20:46
Registered Member

Plan: my own
Stats: 128/124/100 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Anyone else?

Is anyone else doing their own plans? For me, I eat tons of veggies and lean meats, certain low-carb items like Joseph's Pitabread, All Bran cereal (w/soymilk 1 carb, or light cream diluted w/alot of water), and occasionally nuts or low-carb/low calorie ice cream (occassionally!) I exercise a tON, and also drink my water (and coffee! haha)
Just wondering if anyone else has their own "plan" and what it may consist of?
Best, Audrey
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Mar-17-05, 09:29
Registered Member

Plan: A True Miracle, Rosedale
Stats: 185/185/132 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Thumbs up Me too

Hello
I am. My plan is loosely based on Fat Flush, however I believe that Ann Louise Gittleman takes things to extremes in detoxing. So I eat lots of lo-carb veggies, meats, organic if possible, and other low GI foods. I still take her supplements, and do drink the cran-water for a beverage. I avoid coffee (no sacrifice for me) and tea (big sacrifice). But I do drink herbal tea, which she forbids, and use herbs in cooking, some of which she forbids. I drink the lemon drink too. And I am loosing. The one problem I have is skipping meals. I tend to skip them when I don't want to cook. And that is any time I'm doing something else - in other words - a lot.
Donna
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Mar-17-05, 10:22

Plan: low carb
Stats: 189/136/136 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

I too have my own little plan.I always have a drink in the blender in the morning because I really don't like breakfast.
Meat and salad for lunch.Meat and veg for supper.....Sometimes stir fry or eggs.I try and stay away from snacks of any kind and never never never eat at night after supper.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Mar-17-05, 18:41

Plan: Whole Foods Since 2/02
Stats: 360.5/174.5/200 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%

Well hello there!

Since you asked..... My plan is based on whole foods, no gluten, sugar, franken foods. Organic most of the time, except when eating out mainly.

But I do eat crap once in a while. :wink:

For a real treat with real sugar (the preferred treat) a half bar of Lindt 85% chocolate, which has virtually no sugar. Gets rid of *the chocolates* fast.

I use pure powdered stevia to sweeten beverages. I do use Splenda rarely--mainly for my sugarless cheesecake which is delicious and too good NOT to have.

I can't eat gluten (wheat, various grains) as I have found out I'm intollerant of it--which is fine since I stopped eating bread a while ago and don't miss it one bit!

Bread was a stumbling block for me. Not only did it make me feel awful, but I found that when it was around, it was too easy to find the *need* to eat it every meal. I can't recall when I finally ditched it completely, but I think it was over a year ago or close to it. I've felt better every since! Whew!

I eat Mexican food almost everyday in one way or another, having been raised on it and living in an area where it's part of the culture. But I've found healthy ways of eating it, the spices being the main thing with Tex-Mex fare.

I've incorporated all my fave foods into my life, just healthy versions of them.

Like I said I don't deprive myself of the chocholate now and then, it's not worth the loss to me. I would rather enjoy it in small amounts than give it up completely and feel deprived. After all, I have to live in the real world.

I eat ALL fruits and veggies in any quantity I feel like!!! If I want another nectarine after that first one, I have it. I figure by now, after 3 years of healthy eating my body knows what it needs. And it's always something healthy. By the way, I DO consider bittersweet chocolate to be a healthy food eaten in moderation.

I limit my fat and protein intake to reasonable amounts, but if I feel like having 2 chicken breasts at dinner, doggone it I have em! Same with any food. But I find that eating too much meat makes me feel yucky, so I tend to BALANCE all the food groups: Proteins/Fats/Fruits/Veggies and have a few healthy, tollerable grains such as wild rice or quinoa, or mainly BEANS each day. Helps thing work better in the body!

I don't drink milk anymore. I do eat whole fat organic yogurt no more than 1/2-1 cup a day. Limit my cheese intake, for the most part. I eat all nuts, except I shy aways from peanuts since they make me burp em up.

Raw unsalted nuts mainly. I eat as many as I want when I want. But I usually only eat 3 meals a day, with berries and cream for dessert most days, later on after dinner. With a sprinkling of almonds on top for protein.

I don't use processed packaged foods, make my own dressings, don't eat MSG or nitrates or nitrites, no meats with additives/preservatives, etc. It's all about whole organic foods for me. Not really a carb thing, since when you are eating whole foods, your carbs NATURALLY go way down from the typical American diet.

Let's face it, Big Macs, french fries and twinkies and pepsi have a lot more carbs--and bad ones at that--than what I eat now.

Hope that answers your question. Sorry to go on so long. Good therapy for me!

Oh yeah, I did start out with the Schwarzbein Principle book three years ago and that was what started my wheels going. Then I simply made it work in my own life and this is where I am today.

I wish you the best with your own plan! --Betty
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Mar-17-05, 21:13
Registered Member

Plan: my own
Stats: 128/124/100 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 14%

betty,
your plan sounds great, and i wish you the best of luck! alot of great insight, and i'm glad to know that those out there arent sticking alllll the time to induction. I started out w/that, but found that i just couldnt handle that as a way of life- now i am comfortable and dont freak out when i eat more than 20 grams of carbs (and when i do its always because of extra servings of veggies, fiberous cereal, or 5 carb pitas). I also wasnt so comfortable putting soo much fat in my diet- i tend to stick to lower fat content (as long as the low-fat isnt replaced with sugar!)
anyways...that was a ramble....i just wanted to thank you for your reply, and say good luck!
Audrey
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Mar-17-05, 22:44
Registered Member

Plan: PSMF
Stats: 400/343.4/205 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 29%

I am. I finally carved my own niche out at about 100g a day, and have lost 4 inches in a month
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Mar-19-05, 10:02
Registered Member

Plan: A True Miracle, Rosedale
Stats: 185/185/132 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

I agree, the Betty. Looks like you're making long-term changes that will serve you well for years. Congrats!
Donna
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Mar-23-05, 12:16

Plan: Whole Foods Since 2/02
Stats: 360.5/174.5/200 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%

Thanks! You guys are awesome! We are ALL awesome!

--Betty
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Mar-24-05, 19:16
Registered Member

Plan:
Stats: 95/95/95 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress:

I do my OWN plan as well, I case it on the Paleolithic Diet, but I also call it the ABCDEF diet....
A:no Alcohol
B:no Bread
C:no starchy carbs
D:no dairy
E:no extra sugar
F:no trans/sat(bad) fat
This plan has worked like a charm for me for the past couple years!!!! I eat as much meat and veggies as I want! All the new food recipies I have come up with have made my diet more exciting as well. If anyone is interested, let me know!
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Mar-26-05, 21:15

Plan: meat and meat by-products
Stats: 270/191/150 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giasbash
I do my OWN plan as well, I case it on the Paleolithic Diet, but I also call it the ABCDEF diet....
A:no Alcohol
B:no Bread
C:no starchy carbs
D:no dairy
E:no extra sugar
F:no trans/sat(bad) fat
This plan has worked like a charm for me for the past couple years!!!! I eat as much meat and veggies as I want! All the new food recipies I have come up with have made my diet more exciting as well. If anyone is interested, let me know!

What is "sat" fat? You mean saturated fat? What do you think is in meat? All animal fat is saturated. How can you lump that together with trans fat? They're two completely different things. If you think saturated fat is harmful then you are sadly mistaken. It's ESSENTIAL to good health. Sounds like you've been reading Loren Cordain.
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Mar-26-05, 21:26

Plan: Modified Zone
Stats: 143/141/130 Female 5'9 inches
BF:20%/18%/15%
Progress: 15%

Hey All:
I was doing the Atkins. Although, the induction thing I've changed. I run and i need more carbs, at least for me to get going. I've lost 3 pds so far. Whatever works, right?
Good luck to all of you -- You are alllllll Awesome!
JKs
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Mar-31-05, 17:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 236/202.5/159 Male 66
BF:
Progress: 44%

The Betty,
Sounds like you're doing all the right stuff! How have you found your consistency in weight loss? Is it fairly contant or do you have to adjust what you eat from time to time?
Archie
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Apr-05-05, 15:24
Registered Member

Plan:
Stats: 95/95/95 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress:

Twilightz: woah, why do you have something against me! First of all, I am just here to be friendly......
ANYWAY: I only eat LEAN MEATS: turkey breast, chicken breast, GRASSFED bison,elk and omega enriched OSTRICH, so dont tell me where satuarted fat lurks! and yes I know SOME is good for you: for instance the stuff in COCONUT oil....BUTTTT other SATURATED FAT isnt ESSENTIAL FOR YOU! SO WATCH OUT!!!-but acttually on my DIET PLAN THE F means FRUIT CAUSE I DONT EAT THEM!!! and if you have a porblem with that, DEAL WITH IT!
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Apr-14-05, 17:24

Plan: meat and meat by-products
Stats: 270/191/150 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giasbash
Twilightz: woah, why do you have something against me! First of all, I am just here to be friendly......
ANYWAY: I only eat LEAN MEATS: turkey breast, chicken breast, GRASSFED bison,elk and omega enriched OSTRICH, so dont tell me where satuarted fat lurks! and yes I know SOME is good for you: for instance the stuff in COCONUT oil....BUTTTT other SATURATED FAT isnt ESSENTIAL FOR YOU! SO WATCH OUT!!!-but acttually on my DIET PLAN THE F means FRUIT CAUSE I DONT EAT THEM!!! and if you have a porblem with that, DEAL WITH IT!

Genevieve,
I have nothing against you. Yes, we are here to be friendly. That does not mean we are here to agree with each other. If I disagree with someone I will voice my opinion, and that is what I have done. You are certainly free to eat the way you wish. And I agree with most of your diet, just not your fear about saturated fat.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Apr-20-05, 15:39
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 129/116/108 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 62%

This is great to have someone to talk to. i so appreciate your insights. i have just started atkins again, but can't do induction again as i am a stay at home mom and the induction makes me feel REALLY sick for at least a day, so i am modifying my own version, trying to stick with 50 c or less, exercise, and stay away from all the white stuff (sugar, flour, milk, bread) and THEN next week, i plan on going to 25 c or less. That way, maybe i won't shock my body. i don't have that much weight i want to lose. i am lacking on ideas for food and snacks, though. any ideas?

stelli