Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Tue, Mar-28-06, 22:43

Plan: food comb/atkins influenc
Stats: 185/161/140 Female 175cm
BF:
Progress: 53%

Quote:
I have been faithful about the 2-3 Tbs VCO for about 6 weeks now.

Sunshine you are soo soooooo close. I was very tired to. just note as i was like you, you may wish to try lowering your dose abit. try a teaspoon instead of a tablespoon and see if you don't pick up. then increase your dose. worked for me.

i can't wait to see you doing a little hyper dance in the near future.

sending you big wads of light
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Tue, Mar-28-06, 23:03
Elevator, Going Down

Plan: Natalia Rose Detox
Stats: 264/241/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 19%

Wow, this is an AMAZING thread, I have just the whole thing up to now. I can't wait to go and get some VCO myself!!!
  #78   ^
Old Tue, Mar-28-06, 23:04

Plan: atkins
Stats: 170/170/130 Female 63 in
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyRay
Sunshine you are soo soooooo close. I was very tired to. just note as i was like you, you may wish to try lowering your dose abit. try a teaspoon instead of a tablespoon and see if you don't pick up. then increase your dose. worked for me.

i can't wait to see you doing a little hyper dance in the near future.

sending you big wads of light

LoL--You are so cute! ok--help me undestand--why reduce it now? And, then increase? huh?
  #79   ^
Old Wed, Mar-29-06, 08:39

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%
Default Die Off Symptoms....

Interesting post about you being on antibiotics because they probably are the problem... I would add the OOO and some sugar free yogurt... When adding the OOO my energy increased because the coconut oil was causing die off symptoms. I have noticed that the OOO is helping with energy and am thinking about increasing it to better fight the yeast... The yogurt is a good probiotic that helps you to add good bacteria that the antitiotics has killed off... One thing that I have continued to see, however, is that I am hungrier. I would imagine it is because my metabolism is being come efficient... Also, I have noticed that even though I am eating more that I haven't regained the weight that I usually do when doing this... Perhaps there is something, as I have said before to the HIGH FAT approach...slimming us down as opposed to the HIGH PROTEIN approach!

I must say, I am excited about this VCO and OOO combination, I feel that this is somehow the right thing for my yeast which some how prevents or slows down the weight loss... I have read, however, that there are different strengths of OOO out there on the market, but I'm going to finish this bottle first, increasing the dose from .5 mg once a day to twice a day! Will keep everyone posted.

Last edited by skeeweeaka : Wed, Mar-29-06 at 08:50.
  #80   ^
Old Wed, Mar-29-06, 12:10

Plan: LC/IF and such
Stats: -/-/- Female 60 inches
BF:2 spare tires
Progress: 33%

Ok, you sold me. I have read most of the threads about CO and THE entire thread here. I am off to the store when the kids wake up to buy some! Thank you so much for the wealth of info you all have provided!
  #81   ^
Old Wed, Mar-29-06, 13:48
Registered Member

Plan: General Low-Carb
Stats: 160/154/125 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 17%

Has anyone tried to do an internal cleanse combined with Coconut Oil? I've been reading a book on the benifites of coconut oil and the author strongly recomends a cleanse. There is way more than yeast that lives in our intestines!
  #82   ^
Old Wed, Mar-29-06, 14:06

Plan: vsg/low carb
Stats: 306/153/150 Female 5'6.5"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Skeeweeaka - SkinnyRay,

Thanks for sharing about the oil of oregano!! I am going to get some because I still have occasional days where I am draggin. It sure sounds like ooo is helping you two.

I wont be able to get any until next week, but I'll let ya'll know what it does for me.
  #83   ^
Old Wed, Mar-29-06, 19:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 151/143/115 Female 62 inches
BF:37%/33%/25%
Progress: 22%

Not to be ignorant, but if you have yeast, why can't you take Diflucan or something to nip it in the bud in one day (Drug for yeast infections - vaginal or otherwise)? Then you can eat VCO however much you want...
  #84   ^
Old Thu, Mar-30-06, 07:51

Well Diflucan is a pharmaceutical...a drug...it costs lots of money...and it only works short term... I have used it and Nystatin, most of the people on here who have yeast overgrowth type symtoms have also tried them... Also, that only kills the bad bacteria, but we also need to add back good bacteria...probiotics, etc. Now, I have resorted to a more natural approach.... I've read a great deal about OOO helping, but that it takes several months... With the yeast overgrowth I have developed allergies to foods that I like, healthy carbs, cheese, and sugars...and I want to be able to at least consume healthier carbs without my eyes itching or breaking out in a rash!

Internal Cleanse with coconut oil... Thank sounds terrific, but how does it work? I am interested...
  #85   ^
Old Thu, Mar-30-06, 08:47

Plan: Self-Made LC
Stats: 255/129/150 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 120%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreen
Not to be ignorant, but if you have yeast, why can't you take Diflucan or something to nip it in the bud in one day (Drug for yeast infections - vaginal or otherwise)? Then you can eat VCO however much you want...

Because Diflucan is a drug and there are much more natural and healthier ways to help get things under control.
  #86   ^
Old Thu, Mar-30-06, 09:08
Registered Member

Plan: General Low-Carb
Stats: 160/154/125 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 17%

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeweeaka
Internal Cleanse with coconut oil... Thank sounds terrific, but how does it work? I am interested...

Sorry, I probably didn't make my self clear. I was reading a book about coconut and it's benifits and in it the author also suggested an internal cleanse. I've been taking Psyllium Husks and Bentonite Clay to flush the system.

The reason I mentioned it here was because it all seemed to tie into the yeast conversation. It's suppose to be a wonderful treatment for getting everything back on the right track.
  #87   ^
Old Thu, Mar-30-06, 09:41

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreen

Shreen, I was wondering the same thing--thanks for asking the question.

I do understand the "natural" aspect. However, it seems like it would be good to ZAP IT Rather than the long drawn out process that seems so vulnerable and fragile. then, you could move on, with caution, of course.

The treatment options seem so "iffy." If this is the problem it seems to be for so many (including me, I guess) it would be great to "be done with it!"

I am just so tired of being tired! If my prob is yeast die off--I would like to be rid of it now and come back to the land of the living!

Toodles, S
  #88   ^
Old Fri, Mar-31-06, 08:10

Hey Sun,

I agree with you, I would love to be rid of it and I have tried cleansing several times but it always comes back! ALWAYS!!! It is very frustrating, the longest that I have gone has been probably 3 months without noticing too many symptoms in the summer, I was eating fruit in moderation and everything...

I think that it has something more to do with a hormonal imbalance that feeds on the yeast.... Adding good bacteria daily seemed to help this summer when I also added a yogurt smoothie every day....

So for me I have perimenopause which has worsened since then so there is more estrogen in my body than there was then... Also I was using my progesterone cream more consistently then which was balancing my hormones...so today I have upped my progesterone cream from two times a day to three times a day...thinking that my body might need more now than it did then! I will keep everyone posted...
  #89   ^
Old Fri, Mar-31-06, 08:29

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeweeaka
Hey Sun,

I agree with you, I would love to be rid of it and I have tried cleansing several times but it always comes back! ALWAYS!!! It is very frustrating, the longest that I have gone has been probably 3 months without noticing too many symptoms in the summer, I was eating fruit in moderation and everything...

I think that it has something more to do with a hormonal imbalance that feeds on the yeast.... Adding good bacteria daily seemed to help this summer when I also added a yogurt smoothie every day....

So for me I have perimenopause which has worsened since then so there is more estrogen in my body than there was then... Also I was using my progesterone cream more consistently then which was balancing my hormones...so today I have upped my progesterone cream from two times a day to three times a day...thinking that my body might need more now than it did then! I will keep everyone posted...

So, does this mean it never actually does away? We just "manage" it? POOH!!!

Skeeweaka--Do you think the cream is really a benefit? I used it a few years back but did not see any big difference on or off of it. i would try it again if I thought it really helped. Fortunately, my symptoms are not extreme but could still be improved!!

Skinny Ray--You had mentioned reducing my VCO intake. Not intentionally, I have not had any VCO for about three days. Thinking back--I do not seem as tired. I can at least get out of bed. It still hits me around 2:00 every afternoon, tho'. I am confused as all get out! Everyone talks aout the huge enbergy burst from using it. Why, is it making ME tired??? Should I add some back gradually? I really want the VCO benefits!!

Thanks!!
S
  #90   ^
Old Fri, Mar-31-06, 12:04
Elevator, Going Down

Plan: Natalia Rose Detox
Stats: 264/241/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 19%
Post Drugs, scientists and all that....

The thing about Diflucan and all that - you would have to have a doctor that actually BELIEVED that when you don't have a vaginal yeast infection that you still actually have yeast in your digestive tract. Which they don't, at least no one whose ever been on any of my insurance plans.

And, of course, that I'm not convinced that a drug wouldn't cause side effects. ....

They tell me that I don't have vaginal yeast anymore when I itch - in fact, they treated me for BVO last time someone looked at me. Which is weird, because I get very itchy externally, and the thing that helps the most is essential oils - especially spikenard, which is anti-fungal and all that. So I don't know what to think.

If I had a positive test, but no symptoms, they would still treat me for the disease. But when I have all the symptoms, but the test comes back negative, they won't treat me. I find it a worship of scientific method over my experience and thoughts, and it irritates me...

It's not that I don't like science - it's that science, and drug companies, and doctors, are all motivated to look at facts from a profit motive viewpoint. So its suspect ....