Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-14-05, 21:11
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/180/125 Female 64 inches 5'4"
BF:
Progress:
Talking Committed

I hate to bother everyone with introductions, but that is the only way to get to know a newbie. So, here goes.
My name is BillieGail and I live in East Texas. I am a wife to Bobby, Mom to three great young men; Marshall, Otis, and Cheyenne. I am also a full time nursing student (still taking basics, I don't know anything yet)
I have always been little, until I started getting ill in or around the late 90's. I now weigh 180 and I have been on the induction phase of Atkins for 4 days. I have lost around 5 pounds, putting me at 175 today. I would like to lose 55 pounds total.

I am sick of being overweight and I am really committed to this life style change. I tried it once before (beginning of last year for about 4 months) and I lost 5 pounds in the first week and then never lost another pound. I pray that I will go through that again. It was so fustrating.

I'll be keeping you in my prayers and I hope that you will pray for my success as well.

God bless you all.
~BillieGail~ (AuntBillie)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-14-05, 21:14

Plan: BFC
Stats: 182/161/150 Female 5'4"
BF:dont.wanna.know
Progress: 66%

Hello there and Welcome to the boards! You're doing great so far! (change your stats to 175! Be proud!) This is a great place for support. The people here are very informative and supportive.
Good Luck! You CAN do this!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-14-05, 21:42
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/general lc
Stats: 289/270/175 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 17%

I'll definitely be wishing you LOTS of luck!
I just started today so I am brand new as well.
We can do this!!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jan-14-05, 22:32

Plan: atkins
Stats: 221/207.5/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 19%

You have the support of so many on this site. When you feel frustrated I urge you to turn here first for support. I have found that corresponding with others that are going through it with me has helped immensely! Stay strong as there is strength in numbers....we are all in this together. We can and WILL do this!
Congrats on your success already....many more to come!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jan-15-05, 15:01
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:
Thumbs up Thanks

Thanks very much for the warm welcome. I have been doing a lot of reading on this site and I am very lucky to have come across this place. I can tell there is something for everyone here and success is not just part of the big picture, but the everyday goings on around here. I feel like I am ready for this challenge and life style change and I have a feeling that I have found the support post that I will need during my times of despair and moments of doubt.

God bless you all and Thanks again.
AuntBillieGail
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jan-15-05, 16:39

Stats: 245/160/135 Female 5'5''
BF:?
Progress: 77%

i am new too Billie---i am betsy no kids living in nyc and i know that if i can quit smoking i can surely lose someweight!best of luck to you!!
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jan-15-05, 18:01
Lara Croft n Progres

Plan: M&E
Stats: 198/150/125 Female 5 feet 9 inches
BF:who you calln fat?
Progress: 66%
Default when theres a will, theres a way!

I know you WILL DO THIS!!!! say it with me!!!You will do this!! You arent alone here!!!JUst call on me anytime my new friend(I'm a newbie too!)i'd kill to live in Texas!!! I live in Boston, Massachusetts...booorrrinnngg!!Heres to our new start on life and the New Year!!I'm not letting you quit!I have 27 pounds to lose myself, so do it with me!!if it helps, I'm a mom of 2 boys and married also...and I'm a personal trainer...who doesnt preach what she doesnt do...and I am a great listener..forget what happened the last time, okay? I'm glad I came across this site, so many people I come across have nothing good to say about low carb lifestyling...of course, they are in some pretty bad shape themselves, so obvisiouly(sp) they have no idea what they are talking about...looks friendly in here!! look forward to your posts!!!!Keep it up, and keep drinking the water!!! Cheryll
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Jan-15-05, 18:39

Plan: My own
Stats: 152/150/135 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 12%

Hi and welcome to the site . you are going to find so much support here. you can do this low carb lifestyle. everyone here will help you in getting to your goals. Get a journal so that people can stop by and say hi and keep up with your progress. good luck!
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Jan-15-05, 19:32
LOVING SUMMER

Plan: COUNTING THOSE CARBS
Stats: 188/140/125 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 76%

Welcome and best of luck to you
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jan-18-05, 11:00

Stats: 201.5/186.5/159 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 35%

Hello there! I started low-carbing on Jan. 10th as well. It sounds like we have something in common. Tired of being overweight and doing something about it! I've tried Atkins as well about 1 year ago loss 9lbs and got bored with the menu I was'nt creative enough. I'm very determined this time and bored or not I will get to my goal. I have 35 lbs to lose. Lost 7.5 so far (Week 1). I'm doing Lean for Life though which is another low carb diet with the flip of watching fat and calories along with carb. I just felt that maybe I'm one of those 1 in a million cases that has to watch all 3 (cal., carb and fat)...I'm willing to make adjustments as I go along to keep losing. send me a not anytime.
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jan-18-05, 11:02

BF:

Hello puddypark. So far you are the closest to me here in New Jersey that I've seen on the site. I'm a newbie too. Just 1 week and 1 day into LC dieting. Hope to trade idea's and encouragement with you.
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Jan-18-05, 14:20

Janine--anytime!! you should start a journal and we can chat thru our journals---the weather sure is not nice today!!
I have been LCing for a full week as of today----and other than obbsessing over every bit of food---I am loving it!! I am eating healthy than ever and it tastes sooooo good----making my alfredo-broccoli-shrimp-covered in mozz!!! Yippee!!!!
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Jan-20-05, 11:56

BF:

Hello Puddypark! How did you guys fair with the snow yesterday?
Anyway just wanted to say hello. I'm trying not to think about food right now so the site save's me from hanging out at the frig (more out of boredom then hunger)...

My 10th day on the plan today. Holding at 8.5lb loss so far. I think I should not weight myself everyday. It's very stressful.
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Jan-20-05, 16:41

jan--I will write more later --just got home!!! trying to cook---we only had a dusting!! you?? keep up the good work--i figure even if i am not losing isure am eating better than i was before!!
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Jan-20-05, 20:51
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:
Default Thanks

I just wanted to thank everyone for their replies and I think I will start a Journal.
I am very happy to know that I am not alone in this and that I have people to come to for support. I want you all to know that you can email me or IM anytime for support or just to chat.
God bless you
BillieGail