Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Fri, Feb-04-05, 17:32

Plan: not sure
Stats: 220/215/160 Female 5 foot  3 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hi all i have been rather busy this last week going to funerals . We had 2 to go to one in Alabama and the other one 21 miles in Kosciusko, Mississippi. He went back to worki tonight for the first night since last Friday. I will post more tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Sat, Feb-05-05, 03:08

Plan: atkins
Stats: 285/250/210 Female 5ft 8
BF:
Progress: 47%

hi vaindenbell welcome back to us

hope all is going as well as can be expected

speak to u soon
  #63   ^
Old Sat, Feb-05-05, 03:09

BF:

hi iris

keep it up it will come off eventually just make sure your drinking all the water it really breaks it down
  #64   ^
Old Sat, Feb-05-05, 08:45

BF:
Progress:

Hi all, Just wanted to tell all of you that it is still cold here it is
36 degrees now here.How is everyone this Great Saturday Morning. I hope it finds all of you well and doing good and you and yours are having a great week-end. Well i had better close for now i will post more later.
  #65   ^
Old Sun, Feb-06-05, 04:33
Registered Member

Stats: 183/183/156 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 0%

hi i lost half a pound am drinking more water and less coke so hopefully this week will be better
  #66   ^
Old Sun, Feb-06-05, 07:10

BF:

Wow these Sunday weigh ins come round fast

ok i did eventually lose weight this week all in one day too i lost another 5lbs wooooooooooooo 19 gone

#67   ^
Old Sun, Feb-06-05, 08:10

BF:
Progress:

Hi all, Well this is Sunday. We have fellowship Sunday that means that we all are to bring a dish and eat together after Church today this is a once a month thing and i am making Okra and tomatoes. One of my Moms favorite things i use to make for her and it is also one of our favortie things.I will try not to over eat at church. I havew been doing real goos with mine. I don't know where all of you get those little things to keep track with but i do know one thing they are real cute.
  #68   ^
Old Sun, Feb-06-05, 13:47
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 183/172/120 Female 5'2"
BF:Don't want to know
Progress: 17%

Angelize,

Congrats on the 5 lb lost!!!!
I wrote you last week and said I would do weigh in with you on Sundays. I did and lost 6 lbs my first week. I am incredibly happy with that since I had a few setbacks this week. I hope next week can be just as successful!
  #69   ^
Old Sun, Feb-06-05, 14:18
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 183/172/120 Female 5'2"
BF:Don't want to know
Progress: 17%

Vaidenbell,

I was reading the posts to this site and saw you were a southern girl, like me. I now live in AZ, but was raised in TN. Mmmm, is that fried okra you are making for today's church fellowship? I haven't had that in years. One of my favorite southern foods.
  #70   ^
Old Mon, Feb-14-05, 09:08
Registered Member

Plan: My own (low fat/low carb)
Stats: 162.8/151.8/121 Female 5ft 3
BF:28.9%/26.9%/21.4%
Progress: 26%

Hey all I missed you all, I missed the forum, I missed the members, my buddies, and especially Angel :'( I started with her so she's special
I'll tell you what happened to me:
before I finish my 2 weeks induction, I got cut off the internet and couldn't connect till today, it was frustrating, I really needed some support. why you say? coz I didn't lose more than 3 or 4 lb and I lost them in the first week, I was patient all the 2nd week and kept myself positive but at the end I didn't lose, also I had symptoms (acid reflux, anal itching lol sorry, and itching in my mouth and fatigue) I really was frustrated then I read more of the book, I think I had yeast :S I didn't like it at all. anywayz I didn't stop Atkins, I just quit all the cheese I was taking, no change !! and by the way yes ange, I made sure to have my 8 cups of water and 3-4 cups of veggies aday, no more than 20 g of carbs. Ok then I stopped Atkins and told myself I'll begin it all over without the cheese. anyways I stopped for like 3 days and gained back the 4 lb then I started Atkins again. Mean while school started, I tried to make it work but I couldn't, I have to go to college 2 days every week for three weeks (one week gone) and at college there's nothing Atkins-y to eat. And I don't have time to prepare lunches in the morning or the previous night. Anywayz I told myself I'll quit atkins for the three weeks then I'll go back when I return to studying in the hospital (there's plenty of Atkins food there yum ) so this is my 2nd week away from atkins, but I didn't let myself be without a diet, I started a low fat/low calorie diet at 1200 cal/day with my best friend. I told myself we'll see maybe Atkins isn't right for me and after all a low cal is better for me. I'll keep you informed guys
I'm sorry angel for not being here to support you and I'm SO happy about your results, wow 19 lb is great!

yeah I forgot to tell you, my plan also includes aerobic exercise for about an hour 3-6 times/week (already began that ). Exercise is great I feel great and my butt looks, well, better lol

wow your eyes must be hurt by now from reading all my talk lol
I wish all of you the best luck and I'll be here every week, I still need your support in losing weight and I wanna give you my support as well It doesn't matter what diet I'm on, I just hope everyone loses the excess weight and be healthy!
  #71   ^
Old Mon, Feb-21-05, 06:07

BF:

Hi fatimah welcome back im glad your ok i was worried for a while there then thought ok maybe u chose to give up on it ...... it can be hardat times escpecially when u see others dropping the weight and yours has stopped it happened to me for a short time and it was really frustrating .......i did break my diet for one big meal on valentines day and i had 3 courses yum!!!! course one was natchoes with cheese peppers and dips number two was steak in a pepper sauce with chips and number 3 was well deserved chocolate cake with chocolate icecream and chocolate syrup really yummy until i got on the scales next day and had gained 3 lbs lol
so back to the atkins it was and after just one week back on i lost 5lbs so im officially 2lbs under the weight i was before i broke it.

my weigh in is as follows
  #72   ^
Old Mon, Feb-21-05, 10:44

BF:
Progress:

Sorry Folks But my puter crashed and it took up 2 weeks to get
it fixed. We got it up and going last Thursday Night after my Husband and i went to Jackson to get the part and then he put it in for me. So i am back on line for a while i hope it doesn't go down for a while now. I weighed a few days ago and i weighted 200 or maybe a little under . i am still doing what i am suppose top do to try to get this weight off of me. I will post more later.
  #73   ^
Old Tue, Feb-22-05, 13:13
Registered Member

Plan: My own (low fat/low carb)
Stats: 162.8/151.8/121 Female 5ft 3
BF:28.9%/26.9%/21.4%
Progress: 26%

Hey girlies =)
Angel wow Atkins is so great for you I hope you lose it all, but you know I read in the book that some people do that like every week and still lose but he says it's bad for you because it'll wreck your metabolism -if I'm not mistaking- so it's good that you did it only on Valentine
About me, it's been a week for me on my low fat/low calorie diet, it's working fine with me, I can find food everywhere and I can still eat chocolate and stuff, I miss all the egg and cheese omellette lol. And I Have Lost A Kilo that's 2.2 lb, I'm exercising 4 times every week, I'm making a little muscle just to increase my metabolism, and my friend thinks I lost more than 1 Kg, I guess it's cause I lost more fat and gained muscle weight.
You know when I was on Atkins even my measures didn't lessen, I believe the whole 4 lb I lost was water !! but not only 2 lb and my measures are less, I think I'll stick with my diet now and I'll still see you here guyz
  #74   ^
Old Wed, Feb-23-05, 14:04

BF:
Progress:

Hi all how are all of you today? I am doing good although it has been raining here. It suppose to rain all week and all week-end i think. Thats all right what i have to do can and will be done inside. I have been trying to eat light so i can lose some of this was weighing before i started like 225-230. I think i have been doing alright with my weight loss i don't wnat to loose too fast, Because they say you loose it fast it will come back just as fast as you lost it. So i am trying to lose it nice and slow. i am going to try to keep it off. I know i do with this back and hip problem i have.
  #75   ^
Old Sun, Feb-27-05, 10:58

BF:

ok well sunday weigh in time again i have now lost another pound so im 22 lbs lost wooooooooo!!!