Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Jan-02-05, 04:34

Plan: vegan low-carb
Stats: 252/252/199 Female 64.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Weeeellll, I knew you knew about the thread but didn't know if you were going to wait until Feb so I didn't want to assume you were "in"!!!

I really hope you're feeling better ASAP, and definitely before the dinner. Did you see the dates? If it works, wanna ride in together? Maybe Anny would like a ride, too?

OH, BTW: How does everybody feel about inviting SO's if they're interested? I don't know if DH will want to come since I told HIM all the things I've told all of YOU On second thought.....

Nicole (Nikkil)
Teresa (tlmarshall)
Patricia (52)
Anny (Sunpines)
Malvene
Karen
Wanda (Fish)
Ruth (arjay)
Jean (Jeanyyy)
Deb?? (Cakesgalore)
Jude?? (IslandGirl)
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Jan-02-05, 13:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 302.2/302.2/185 Female 5'6
BF:

Me too, me too. Thanks for pointing this out Nicole I'd love to see you all again (and meet some new folks).
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Jan-02-05, 18:47
Trying the dark side

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 207.6/183/138 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 35%

The other address is 1342 Commercial Drive and their phone number is 604-215-2599.

Either address is fine with me.

Cheers
Malvene
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Jan-02-05, 21:42
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkil
So far we've got:

Nicole (Nikkil)
Teresa (tlmarshall)
Patricia (52)
Anny (Sunpines)
Malvene
Karen
Wanda (Fish)
Ruth (arjay)

Deb?? (Cakesgalore)
Jude?? (IslandGirl)

I've tried to PM CakesGalor but no luck (have the minimum posts gone up to 25 or some such?).

I'm voting for the 11th, as I have hopes of finally making it into one of Karen's fab classes, so need to cram as much close together as possible (to justify the ferry fare )...

I'm going to show myself despite my wish to hide out , I'll be starting all over again in the next week or two, depending how the home office clears out and the kitchen preparations go...just have to nerve myself to set up my stats...again...dang.
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Jan-02-05, 23:59

Plan: Atkins, Low-Carb
Stats: 155/146/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 36%
Smile Hey Jude! (sorry, I couldn't resist!)

Sorry, I didn't respond - been so busy and as a newbie to the forums, I forget to check stuff! Anyway, since I have to show up for Jury Duty this Tuesday, I am not making plans for January (if I don't get selected then, I still have to show up at the end of Jan. for another case!!)
But, it sounds great that you are planning to go to Karen's cooking classes! I have ordered her book from Amazon and am looking forward to making some delicious foods! There is absolutely nothing better than being 'hands-on' for cooking! Enjoy it!!
So, you're in Langford, well, don't blush - I'm in Sooke! Yah, yah, heard it all!
My family and I live in a great old house that we are renovating and love our little hideaway! Personally, I'm not that thrilled with the town, but since most of my work/kids' schools/family are in Victoria, I don't have to spend much time in Sooke itself.
I saw from your profile that you are involved with LC food supply - must be great and a big advantage for your diet!! If I need anything, I'll definitely check out your stuff!! Since I'm a caterer, too, I am always on the prowl for wholesale sources but mostly the foods aren't LC!!! (Callebaut chocolate here I come!!!)
Anyway, if there is a chance for Islanders to get together, I'd sure be interested! It's so fun to talk to others with the LC experience and advice! I certainly try to get lots of info from every LC'er I talk to and meeting a bunch would be fun!
Have fun in Vancouver and let me know if you find out anything great!!!
Cheers! Deb
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Jan-03-05, 02:14
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%
Exclamation

dangit, what was I thinking?!

I can't manage 2 days (nights) in Vancouver, so it'll have to be either the dinner fest or Karen's class...and since I've been wanting to attend one of those for one heck of a long time, it's really no contest (sorry, y'all!).

If only there was a late ferry -- a.k.a. The Islanders' Lament...

Deb/CakesGalor:
(a) Hey Jude is my theme song!
(b) We'll have to get in touch, I can be in and out of town regularly, want to do a coffee or lunch? PM me! (have you set that up yet?)...we foodies have to stick together, dontcha know.

I'll drop into your Journal sometime this week...I've been thinking it's way past time I set up my own Journal, for that matter.
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Jan-03-05, 05:03

Plan: HCG/LCHF
Stats: 224/201/190 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%

Any of the dates mentioned are good for me (no preference at all) and re bringing along SOs, that is cool with me, too. That being said, I have noticed that including partners in a group meeting when they are not normally members of the group can often change the dynamics of the meeting.... It might not happen in this case, but it's hard to predict. Anyone else have thoughts?

It would be great to ride share, if it works out from my new location. I can't choose between the 2 locations because I've only been to the Commercial Drive one. If parking is easier there, I hate to imagine how bad it is on Broadway! Arghhhh!
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Jan-03-05, 12:11
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
OH, BTW: How does everybody feel about inviting SO's if they're interested?
Better to ask how do the SO's feel in the midst of rabid, low-carb babes!

I'll bring dessert. I saw a picture of this crepe cake in Saveur Magazine and made it LC-style for New Year's eve.

Here's the picture

http://www.ladymconfections.com/millecrepes.html

It was pretty damned fine!

Karen
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Jan-03-05, 12:59
Trying the dark side

BF:

Hi,

Jeanyyy is quite correct. I never said that the parking was great around Commercial Drive, I just said I found it better and the restaurant a little less crowded then the two times I have been to the one on Broadway...

Karen that dessert looks fabulous........ Yes please, yes please.

Cheers
Malvene
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Jan-03-05, 13:26

Plan: Atkins, Low-Carb
Stats: 155/146/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 36%

Hi Karen! Love to join you in Vancouver, but I have Jury Duty selection tomorrow (Jan.4) and cannot plan much! Also have wedding cakes to bake and a catering job in the next while so I can't plan except wayyyyyy in advance! I guess I will just ask everyone what great things they learned from your cooking class and study your cookbook! So glad you put this one together! I've seen the 'Girls Who Dish' books (fabulous) but really appreciate a LC book. I saw you on House and Home and you looked great! So impressive to me that you are a chef and have actually managed to lose weight! I started to put it on when I went for the Cook's Course at Camosun and they insisted that you taste everything! Well, of course i went to town on that and talk about hard to get off. That was years ago but I see it as the 'start of the downhill slide!' I'm more on track now and the Atkins plan is working!!
So, have a great meeting with the other Vancouverites and happy LC'ing!! Deb
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Jan-04-05, 06:50

Plan: vegan low-carb
Stats: 252/252/199 Female 64.5 inches
BF:

Karen, that dessert looks divine. Looking forward to it, and thank you in advance.

So far the 11th is looking good for most. Sorry for the Islanders....keep checking here for other meets and/or set up one for VI!! I know there are lots of you ladies over there

Okay, so I guess we'll go to the Commercial Drive location since others have been there and it's supposed to be a little more amenable

Tuesday January 11th, 2005
7:00 pm
Memphis Blues Barbeque House
1342 Commercial Drive
604-215-2599

Nicole (Nikkil)
Teresa (tlmarshall)
Patricia (52)
Anny (Sunpines)
Malvene
Karen
Wanda (Fish)
Ruth (arjay)
Jean (Jeanyyy)
Summer (Wynter)

SO's optional - haven't decided if I'm bringing mine or not
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Jan-04-05, 10:59
Trying the dark side

BF:

Gulp Gulp.

I just want to mention, that on the 11th Memphis Blue, in both locations is prompting an evening where they are giving 25% of their sales to the disaster relief fund in Asia. I think it would be wonderful if we contributed to their success. However I suspect that they many be very busy that evening and it may be a challenge for us to get seating together. What do you think??

Cheers
Malvene
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Jan-04-05, 11:22

Plan: HCG/LCHF
Stats: 224/201/190 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%

Hmmmm, in that case, I agree that seating would be even more of a challenge than usual. For those that haven't been to MB, there are no reservations, no table service, etc... and limited numbers of tables of any size but esp the larger ones.

Of the other dates mentioned, I have changed my mind and now have a mild preference for Thursday, Jan 13th (trying to ensure I'll feel and be well enough to attend).
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Jan-04-05, 15:15
Trying the dark side

BF:

The 13th certainly works for me.

Cheers
Malvene
  #30   ^
Old Tue, Jan-04-05, 16:23
WannaHaveFun

Plan: protvegfatprotvegfatprotv
Stats: 183/165/155 Female 67 in
BF:
Progress: 64%

Looking forward to the 11th (unless hear otherwise). Yes, let's think of driving in together, Nicole & whoever else is out this way. Guess it depends on whether SOs are with us (if we can fit in 1 vehicle). MB may be a bit crowded for all of us "rabid LC babes" AND SOs, plus it would mean sharing Karen's incredible-looking crepe cake with more people, but I'm open to it, too....