Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View Poll Results: Would I Make A Free Call for Future Access to Liquid Splenda?
Yes, Right Away! 413 79.27%
As Soon As I Can... 67 12.86%
Maybe Next Week... 27 5.18%
Absolutely Not! 14 2.69%
Voters: 521. You may not vote on this poll

#31   ^
Old Sun, Nov-11-01, 12:57

Plan: low carb
Stats: 324/228/180 Female 5feet 6inches
BF:47%
Progress: 67%

I live in Pennsylvania, and here they sell liquid splenda in Kmart.
The powdered splenda list 0 carbs, but it actually has carbs in it.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sun, Nov-11-01, 18:26
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Victoria:
You can use the packets in all kinds of recipes, just convert them ... 1 packet equals about 2 teaspoons of the granular ("baking") Splenda. Information about how the stuff is made from sugar (it's a chemical conversion) is widely available, both on the Splenda website and all over the web. Also, using the Search button on this website will get you lots and lots of information on this subject. Recipes, too. You don't have to wait for the phone number, it's listed several times in this very thread (collection of posts), you can call them anytime and they will probably send you more information, too, maybe some coupons. By the way, it's up to the store what kind they carry, you might want to check in different stores (grocery, drugstore, health food store) and see if they have the granular kind as well as the packets. If they don't carry it, ask them to. It's the only way they know what their customers want.

Gecolon:
Liquid Splenda? In the US? In K-Mart? Are you positive? Both Splenda Canada and Splenda US are pretty clear right now that you can't get the stuff without their permission. Hmmmmmm, I wonder if it's available in Mexico? If at all possible, could you get information from the label and share it with us here? The place it's made, the full name, the Ingredient List? Would be very helpful to your fellow lowcarbers.
  #33   ^
Old Mon, Nov-12-01, 11:30

Well, I had ordered liquid splenda online about 5mos ago. When I ran out I asked a coworker [who is also lo carbing], she advised me that they sell it at K-mart. I am going to check (for myself) this weekend, and I will get back to you.

*When I tried to order some more online I was advised that the demand outweighed the supply and there just wasn't any available. I used to order it from here: www.synergydiet.com

** sucrose information deleted by Moderator **
** SUCROSE is the chemical name for SUGAR, not Splenda**
** SUCRALOSE is the chemical name for the artificial sweetener in Splenda; Splenda is the registered brand or trade name **

Last edited by IslandGirl : Sat, Nov-24-01 at 19:20.
  #34   ^
Old Mon, Nov-12-01, 11:51

Plan: Careful Low Carb Plan
Stats: 335/295/180 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 26%
Wink Splenda research

Thank you Islandgirl,
I will check out the Splenda website again. I'm new to this computer thing. Just got my very 1st one a month ago. Also thanks for letting me know I can use the packets for baking. I will try that. I just used some in whipping cream this morning as a special treat for my coffee. I probably only used a quarter of the packet and it was wonderful. Not too sweet!!
I did see the U.S. number since I had posted, so will call. It's good to let them know what we want. I have tried to stay away from asparatame, so splenda seems to be a good alternative. I noticed on the Splenda website that Diet RC had Splenda in it rather than Nutrasweet. That helps a great deal, although I don't expect to drink too many soft drinks. I drink water mostly, sometimes ice tea without sweetener. But there are times when the whole family is drinking sodas(like at a picnic) and I would like to have one also. Always good to have alternatives, so I don't find myself "tempted".
Again, thank you for your imput! Victoria
  #35   ^
Old Tue, Nov-13-01, 20:34
Registered Member

2big, thanks! for filling out the customer comment card.

Just so you know, though, Erythritol is not QUITE zero carb as it is a "sugar alcohol".

The potential issues with sugar alcohols are listed quite extensively in Doreen's article "the truth about low carb sweeteners info" (see the quick link over on the right there), and I"ve just posted some details on the stuff in this very forum, under its own thread.

FYI and hope this clarifies things!
  #36   ^
Old Sun, Nov-18-01, 11:41

Unhappy

No liquid Splenda at Kmart [just granulated]. Da Vinci (sp) syrups and Diet rite are made with liquid splenda. I guess I am going to have to go out and purchase those until the liquid is available again.
  #37   ^
Old Wed, Jan-02-02, 13:00
Registered Member

Lightbulb Update.... more Info

This is from the Canadian Splenda webpage, at Splenda Canada, FAQs, where despite the comments from the 800 Operator (see way at the beginning of this thread) about there being very few requests for Liquid Splenda (HA!), there is actually a FAQ (or Frequently Asked Question) about, yes, you guessed it, Liquid Splenda.

There's other handy info on this page about how much and what you can use Splenda for... have a look.
  #38   ^
Old Thu, Jan-03-02, 15:58
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/119/112
BF:
Progress: 75%
Default New 1-800 or submit request on web

Splenda now has a new 1-800 number:

1-800-7-SPLENDA (1-800-777-5363).

But I went to their website and also found that you can submit your comments on-line --> just go to www.splenda.com and click on the Contact Us button on the top and submit your request for Liquid Splenda in your local grocery store!

Please, let's get them to do this for us!

K.

Last edited by IslandGirl : Thu, Jan-03-02 at 16:20.
  #39   ^
Old Thu, Jan-03-02, 16:17
Registered Member

Quote:
Splenda now has a new 1-800 number

Yep, that's the US-based Splenda 800 number and website ....

just as a refresher:

Splenda Canada is at http://www.splenda.ca and the Splenda Canada 'hotline' is 1-800-561-0070 .

Now, if there are any volunteers who can come up with a European-based phone number and website , that would be very helpful to some of our other members!

Meanwhile, if you have ANY interest in Liquid Splenda (with NO filler carbohydrates like dextrose or maltodextrin or glycerin) being available, no matter where you are, contact the websites and/or the free 800 telephone numbers and make your wants known. Perhaps even MORE effective? Let your favourite Store Manager or Customer Service person know you'd very much like this product!
  #40   ^
Old Thu, Jan-03-02, 16:24
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%
Lightbulb

From the Splenda.ca FAQ page, link given above (thanks Judi ) .. here's a list of the countries where Splenda is currently available:
Quote:
Where can I find the product?

SPLENDA* products can be found in grocery stores, pharmacies and discount department stores. It is available internationally in:

Argentina
Austrailia
Bahrain
Brazil
Canada
Dominican Republic
Georgia
Lebanon
Mexico
New Zealand
Qatar
Romania
Russia
Saudi Arabia
Tadjikistan
USA
Doreen
  #41   ^
Old Thu, Jan-03-02, 17:18

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 110/107/105 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 60%
Smile just called

i've never tried liquid splenda but i called anyway
hope it helps
girl
  #42   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-02, 00:47

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 110/107/105 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 60%
Default Re: Liquid Splenda!

Quote:
Originally posted by LadyRider
I'm in the US... and we can't get it anywhere.. I called the online vendor that I purchased it from previously, and she told me they had an order pending and hoped to have it back in stock by Christmas.

I'm just glad I bought 3 bottles last time!.... EBAY anyone? LOL

Actually, I wouldn't give it up... I'll have to use it more sparingly.

Thanks for the info.

LadyRider,
have you heard from the online vendor?
  #43   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-02, 18:44
Pending Member

Stats: 215/145/120
BF:
Progress: 74%
Post splenda site

I just finished asking about the liquid splenda. I hope this help with us getting it sooner.
  #44   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-02, 19:21
TerrieP

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Default Comment Card Doesn't Work

Here is the US number.

1-800-7SPLENDA
1-800-777-5363

The comment card is not working properly, so best bet is to call.
  #45   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-02, 07:18
Pending Member

Stats: 215/145/120
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default Thanks

Thanks Terry,
I will call this morning.