Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Fri, Jan-21-05, 15:21
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 158/149/135 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hi All! I just wanted to note that the DVD that Groovejock said would come out soon is out! I just ordered the ultimate new your body plan DVD with all of the workouts on it. I plan to start next week and will hopefully get it soon. That way I can be sure to do the exercises correctly and keep a strong pace.
Also, just a question. What does everyone do for cardio? How intense is it? I know Kirsch implies a very high intensity, but I just don't think I can keep up that high for 45 minutes. I mean, I plan to run mostly (4+ miles) but my pace is about a 9:30 pace...should I try to pick it up, although then I am afraid of not finishing. Should I vary it? I do belong to a gym and can do the other machines, but I'm much more satisfied outdoors. Although sometimes, I also like videos. Is there a kick ass cardio video out there that someone can recommend? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Fri, Jan-21-05, 15:56

Stats: 268/200/190 Male 5'9
BF:28%/14%/8%
Progress: 87%

YMMV is the way I see it. For me, cardio is 5 min warmup on the treadmill, a 6.7 MPH run for 20 minutes, 15 minutes on eliptical (level 6 and 8) and a 15 min cool down.

Works for me. btw, I just ordered my DVD. Cant wait to get it.
  #63   ^
Old Fri, Jan-21-05, 19:49

Plan: Ultimate New York Body
Stats: 120/120/109 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Newbie

I just went out and bought the book! I also ordered the DVD! I can't wait to start....well, i say that now...hopefully this i can stick to. Any good advice for me??? I'm 5'2" 120lbs...wanting to get back to my old 105-109 body i had 2 years ago!!!! I'm DESPERATE!!! I've done every diet there is !!! I'm not in bad shape...i'm an athletic girl but yet the holidays have done it to my hips and thighs!!!
  #64   ^
Old Sat, Jan-22-05, 19:46

Plan: Ultimate New York Body Pl
Stats: 156.5/150.5/136 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress:

Day 8, and a total of 8 lbs!! WoooHooo!!! As much as I never wanted to see the 140's pre-baby, I'm releshing them now!!

For the questions regarding weights, I started everything on 3's. Now that my body is getting used to everything, I made notes in the book as to which one's I'm going to bump up to 5's. Basically, when you can do a full set of reps on one weight with only a little bit of exertion, it's time to bump it up. Your muscles need to burn to reshape. (BTW, I'm also an ACE certified personal trainer!)
  #65   ^
Old Sat, Jan-22-05, 21:13

Plan: ultimate new york body
Stats: 135/135/120 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default book has arrived!

Our book arrived yesterday - ive already read the whole thing cover to cover, and I like what I read! Hubby and I cant start it up right away though because we just went grocery shopping yesterday (wasnt anticipating for the book to arrive so quickly - ordered it off of walmarts site), so there is no way I am going to throw away or let 100$ worth of food go bad. But, once it time to go shopping again, then we begin. Im going to start doing the workouts now though - Ive been working out for an hour a day 6 days a week for the last 6 months, so a change in routines will be refreshing - although i do need to buy a medicine ball. Everyones results are so encouraging!

For those who use a protein shake - what brand? and how much do they cost? Im a SAHM so we're living off of only one income so unfortunately I have to count every little penny.
  #66   ^
Old Sat, Jan-22-05, 21:43

Plan: ultimate new york body
Stats: 135/135/120 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

ok, i have one more question regarding the protein shakes. How much do you take? 1 serving? 2 servings (which for the champion nutrition whey protein is the equivalent of 8 - 10ozs). Also, for the recipes given in the book, are they for 1 serving? so if im trying to feed two people off of that do i need to double the recipe? thanx guys!
  #67   ^
Old Mon, Jan-24-05, 05:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sxywife

For those who use a protein shake - what brand? and how much do they cost? Im a SAHM so we're living off of only one income so unfortunately I have to count every little penny.

I use ISOPURE LC. It is the best tasting, highest protein, lowest carb that I have found. The Vanilla cream and ductch chocolate is the best!

Netriton has the best price on it. GNC is also good on member days.
  #68   ^
Old Mon, Jan-24-05, 14:08

Plan: Ultimate New York Body
Stats: 162/143/135 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress:

To answer some previous questions:

I'm 5'9", so look at my stats according to that weight.
I drink the champion Nutrition pure whey - I usually only have 5oz, but if I'm having it for dinner, I'll have 10 oz. I typically have my protein shake in the morning.
I do my cardio on the treadmill. I typically try to run for 40 minutes with 2.5 minute warmup walk on either side. During the run, I push myself to different intervals - I run at level 6 for a few minutes, then punch it to level 7 and see how long I can go, then back to 6 to rest, then up to 7.5 and so on. Passes the time better that way, too!
When I started the program I used 3 lb weights and a 6 lb medicine ball. I'm up to 5 lbs on the weights and 10 lbs on the medicine ball - but it hurts!!

Is anyone else trying to still lose after the initial 2 weeks? I can't decide if I should do the strict 2 week program again. I wonder how much I could lose if I tried it again. Thoughts?
  #69   ^
Old Tue, Jan-25-05, 08:36

Plan: New york body plan
Stats: 165/157/145 Female 5-9
BF:
Progress: 40%

Well, I finished my two weeks and lost a total of 8 pounds, 3 inches in my waist and 1 inch in my hips and thighs. Overall, I am pretty pleased. I can't wait to eat something full of carbs and fat today and plan to go back on the diet tomorrow and exercise routine tomorrow.

Jenniferni, I think we will need to alternate between the initial 2 weeks and the maintenance weeks for a couple of times to really get all of the weight off. But, I am so glad that I found something that works and makes me full good!

Good luck everyone!
  #70   ^
Old Tue, Jan-25-05, 10:36
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Hello all and congrats on all of your weightloss! I am back from Vegas ( a little bit poorer...) and am ready to start today! I was going to wait until the video came, but need to start. I feel icky and am going to a wedding in 3 weeks and have never been heavier. So anyway, I'm drinking tea now and know that coffee is a no/no...however, that is the one thing I am afraid I might have trouble with. Did anyone try and still lose while drinking coffee? Or should I just stick with it, it's only 2 weeks...I can do it. Just wondering though...wish me luck! I have been lacking willpower all month long, but with your help, your stories, and a little drive, I can do this! Like Jenniferni and Wing, I will probably have to go a few rounds because I have more weight to lose.
OH, and did any of you ever add up the calories you consumed? It is surprisingly low, which again is fine with me, but just curious. And does anyone know how many calories is in 7 almonds??? Have a great day!
  #71   ^
Old Tue, Jan-25-05, 11:28

I think it would be best to give up the coffee. I did and I dont regret it. Green tea is so much better for you and has great meto benifits too!

Why do the program half a$$? If you are going to do DO IT!
  #72   ^
Old Tue, Jan-25-05, 11:48
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Thanks GrooveJock - you're right, if I'm gonna do it, I better do it right! No coffee for me!
  #73   ^
Old Tue, Jan-25-05, 12:52

Plan: New york body plan
Stats: 165/157/145 Female 5-9
BF:
Progress: 40%

I actually disagree about the coffee. I had a cup every morning and did fine. I almost died from the no diet soda but I couldn't give up my morning jolt. If you really need caffeine and don't put lots of cream and sugar in it, I don't think it impacts you very much!
  #74   ^
Old Tue, Jan-25-05, 13:57

Plan: UNYBP
Stats: 165/158/130 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Hello!

Hi,

I am new and am starting the Ultimate New York body plan tomorrow (David Kirsch's radical PSMF). I want to go down a couple of dress sizes for a modelling competition this summer.

Wish me luck!
  #75   ^
Old Tue, Jan-25-05, 14:04

too me, if you are going to do it, do it all the way.

I screwed up this weekend and ate some steak. While still low carb and "legal" it is not in the book and I have no reason to get mad if I dont get the results I am looking for on Thursday morning when I weigh in.

it is up to you. How bad do you want it? To me, this program is so extream that you should do it by the book. If you dont, it is not worth it and I would just stick to Atkins.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.