Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Mon, Nov-08-04, 05:15
PuertoRican Princess

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

Yeah I was worried about the caffeine but if it's only 3g's and not hurting you then drink up.

Wow you got a busy schedule.

As far as weighing in, good question. Why don't you weigh yourself as soon as you get home at 8am?

Anywho, hope someone can help you out on the weighing issue.

ANYBODY?

My lunch is in my Fitday now. The chicken was seasoned with garlic.
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Mon, Nov-08-04, 06:36
PuertoRican Princess

BF:

There's no way of adding this to my Fitday so I'll have to type it here, I had for a mini craving I was having, half a cup of Atkins Endulge chocolate Ice Cream. YUMMY!

Only 3g's.

I'm proud of myself for not eating the whole pint by now, I've had it since Saturday. WOO HOO!

This weight is coming off baby!
  #93   ^
Old Mon, Nov-08-04, 06:37
Staying Put

Plan: Atkins/CarbCycling
Stats: 299/252/180 Female 69"
BF:
Progress: 39%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkil
If I weigh myself when I get up at around 8-9pm, that's like everybody else weighing at 8-9am, right??
LOL pretty much the same!! It doesn't matter when you weigh really as long as it's like the same time every day/week whatever. I think just because your day is topsy tervy it shoudn't make too much difference!
Good luck with everything!!
xxxxx

Last edited by jadefox26 : Mon, Nov-08-04 at 07:01.
  #94   ^
Old Mon, Nov-08-04, 07:00
Registered Member

Stats: 170/107/107 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Well done everyone who's lost. I had such a bad weekend so when I weigh tonight I'm fearing the worst.

I'm back on induction now so I'll post my full day's menu the following day (tomorrow)!.

For anyone who needs it.....WE CAN DO IT!!!!...Good luck!
  #95   ^
Old Mon, Nov-08-04, 07:01
Staying Put

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marciazzz
Hi - this sounds so great - but I'd like a little more info - does everyone still have their gallbladder? I had mine out 10+years ago and supposedly can't process all of the fats I eat. It would be interesting to see how the high fat works without the gallbladder, if it has any difference in weight loss or not. What do ya'll think?

I don't know if I just saw you post a question on another LC site, but I was reading through some interesting posts from a lot of people who said that they have not got their gallbladders also - and some lady said she hadn't had hers for 15 years or something and she was doing just fine on Atkins high fat version.

I hope that helps a little - there must have been at least 8 more who responded in the same way, and the question that was posed was can someone who has no gall bladder do atkins high fat successfully and safely.

(If it was you posting the question then sorry for stating the obvious!!! LOL)
  #96   ^
Old Mon, Nov-08-04, 07:01
PuertoRican Princess

BF:

YOU CAN DO IT IKATIE!
  #97   ^
Old Mon, Nov-08-04, 07:05

Plan: Atkins...hp/hf
Stats: 333/313.2/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 11%

mornin! OK...i weigh 215 this morning. ..i know i know i shouldda been a good girl this weekend and NOT had everything i had.... but HELL... i did!!! now lets get this weight off!

HI girls!!!

brekky.....small steak w/ 3 fried eggs ( in 2T butter)
WATER
  #98   ^
Old Mon, Nov-08-04, 07:07
PuertoRican Princess

BF:
Got this from Dr.Phil site, I've been having trouble with my 11 yr old wanting to eat nothing but junk and thought maybe this would help others too with there kids: (he's almost as tall as me and only weighs 85 pounds but I want to stop it before it's too late.)

Saying No to Your Child's Overeating

Dr. Phil explains why it's important to put your responsibility as a parent above your desire to give your children what they want.

If you are worried about hurting your child's feelings by not giving him/her what he/she wants to eat, remember that refusing to give your child unhealthy foods could actually save his/her life.

Understand that it's not always important that your child likes you. Sometimes what is important is that your child respects the boundaries that you've put down. It's your job to do what you need to do as a parent to ensure your child's well-being, whether he/she likes it or not.

The fact that you may be uncomfortable saying no to your child does not release you of your responsibility to do so when it's in your child's best interest. That's why parenting is hard. Parents have to step up to the plate and do what needs to be done, whether they end up being the bad guy or not.

Remember that your job as a parent is not to tell your child what he/she wants to hear. Your job is to tell your child what he/she needs to hear.

Do not use food as a reward. You can love your child in different ways without food. Why not reward your child with your time? Reading a bedtime story, taking a walk or playing catch are things you can do to connect with your child and make them feel special without unnecessary calories.

Don't use food to medicate your child emotionally. It might make your child feel good for the moment, but he/she could pay a high physical, emotional and social price for your unwillingness to step up and do what is required instead of what feels good at the time.
  #99   ^
Old Mon, Nov-08-04, 07:40

Plan: vegan low-carb
Stats: 252/252/199 Female 64.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

I worry about this with my middle son. He's going to be 14 in Feb. and he's 5'7" and weighs about 130 - no problem, right? He's very active with bike riding, weight lifting, riding his scooter, walking everywhere and likes to go to the pool. The problem is, he eats from the minute he gets up until he goes to bed -- non-stop! He does have an older brother (15 years old, 6'1", 145 lbs) so I know that teenage boys eat A LOT but this guy eats and eats and eats. If it wasn't for the fact that he has to take medication on weekdays and it wipes out his appetite, I know he would have a weight problem. On the weekends it's non-stop, but i have to say it's mostly healthy stuff: loves salad, canned tuna (eats it out of the can), fruit, oatmeal, cheese... I just worry that he's eating not because of hunger but because of boredom and/or being lonely.

I totally agree with Dr. Phil in that you have to say no if it's in your child's best interest, you don't have to be their best friend, etc. But it seems to be a delicate balance when it comes to food -- if you make an issue, it becomes an issue, right? I try to distract him sometimes with models and projects It does work...

BTW, I want to weigh when I get up in the "morning", whenever that may be, so I'm going to weigh when I get up this evening and post then. I like doing it on an empty stomach, naked, after I 'tinkle'
  #100   ^
Old Mon, Nov-08-04, 09:11
This is my Life...

Stats: 202/188/140 Female 67
BF:?
Progress: 23%

Good morning. Starting weight (and change in stats to be up-to-date) is #157. Sounds like everyone is in good spirits.

Nikki, I like my coffee too! For today, I've mixed it 1/2 decaf, 1/2 french vanilla coffee, and davinci SF hazelnut, mmmmm! I'm going to keep track of my food first, and begin exercising again starting today, then if still not losing, THEN will stop the coffee. It just seems to help me keep going- especially by afternoon....

Marcia- I don't have my gallbladder for 8 yrs maybe. I haven't had any problems with eating too much fat. I've heard some people do but the same things may bother people who unknowingly have a disfunctional gallbladder and don't know it. I was cautioned after my surgery that I could have problems but have experienced none. I did Atkins a year after and lost 30 pounds then became pregnant. Begin again after 1st baby was weaned and pregnant again. Didn't have a chance to restart after 2nd baby, pregnant with 3rd. (3 children in 3 1/2 yrs.) Now have restarted. 202 was my highest weight after the 3rd baby. No I haven't had problems with my gallbladder, just babies!

I don't have fitday and don't want to spend the extra time at another site. If something looks out of whack, please tell me. On that note, I end here for now and check back in this afternoon (or evening if it's a bad day!) after exercising!

Breakfast
1/4 c diced ham
1 tsp diced onion
1 tsp butter (frid the above)
2 eggs scrambled with above
coffee

**edit
Lunch- 12 pieces deli sliced pepperoni baked til crisp
sprinkled lightly with fine shredded cheddar
Then dipped into 2 T sour cream
1/2 c broccoli cooked, seasoned with vinegar
coffee
(yes, and water)
And 1/2 c mixed nuts
(Good thing I don't weigh tomarrow due to all the salt. Just had a thought, due for TOM any day, must be the culprit for the cravings!!)

supper-
2 med pieces of bacon mushroom swiss meatloaf (figure about 4 carbs/pc)
1/2 c green beans
1/2 c dreamfield pasta
1 russell stover SF candy bought at Target for 12 cents after Halloween!! Still like the Reese's SF PB cups the best though!!

PM snack- coffee with hazelnut davinci- no, I'm usually tired enough, caffiene doesn't bother my sleeping habits

Last edited by byrdie16 : Mon, Nov-08-04 at 21:26.
  #101   ^
Old Mon, Nov-08-04, 09:24

Plan: My Own
Stats: 191/166/155 Female 5'4"
BF:32%/25%/25%
Progress: 69%

Weighing in at 160.0.

I am off to Sarasota in a few minutes. Breakfast was decaf with 1 ounce 1/2 and 1/2. Lunch is planned as grilled chicken salad from Chik-Fil-A. I have some cheese chips if I need a snack. Good luck to all.
  #102   ^
Old Mon, Nov-08-04, 10:50
Staying Put

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by plum
drop scones I would say, but light and airy...surprisingly,not eggy.

it doesnt mix together too well philly stays lumpy but its ok.

put tablespoons into the pan. It flattens out to 3 - 4 " in diameter.
at first they look too fragile, but then they firm up a lot and easy to turn.
then pile them up in a fragile little hot tower.....

btw, its nearly dinnertime and I dont want to eat anything, ever again. Ever.
hoping this is ketosis that has hit me....

That last statement is just too funny!! That's how i felt - it's funny because as you eat less - you feel less full - I got that full feeling all under my ribs for a whole day the second day in, it definately made me eat less the next day!!
Thanks for letting me know that about the pancakes - i am definately going to make them for my breakfast tomorrow - I can hardly wait!!!! (How sad am I??) I might have to make them now and then have them for dinner!!!
  #103   ^
Old Mon, Nov-08-04, 11:42
PuertoRican Princess

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by byrdie16
Good morning. Starting weight (and change in stats to be up-to-date) is #157. Sounds like everyone is in good spirits.

Nikki, I like my coffee too! For today, I've mixed it 1/2 decaf, 1/2 french vanilla coffee, and davinci SF hazelnut, mmmmm! I'm going to keep track of my food first, and begin exercising again starting today, then if still not losing, THEN will stop the coffee. It just seems to help me keep going- especially by afternoon....

Marcia- I don't have my gallbladder for 8 yrs maybe. I haven't had any problems with eating too much fat. I've heard some people do but the same things may bother people who unknowingly have a disfunctional gallbladder and don't know it. I was cautioned after my surgery that I could have problems but have experienced none. I did Atkins a year after and lost 30 pounds then became pregnant. Begin again after 1st baby was weaned and pregnant again. Didn't have a chance to restart after 2nd baby, pregnant with 3rd. (3 children in 3 1/2 yrs.) Now have restarted. 202 was my highest weight after the 3rd baby. No I haven't had problems with my gallbladder, just babies!

I don't have fitday and don't want to spend the extra time at another site. If something looks out of whack, please tell me. On that note, I end here for now and check back in this afternoon (or evening if it's a bad day!) after exercising!

Breakfast
1/4 c diced ham
1 tsp diced onion
1 tsp butter (frid the above)
2 eggs scrambled with above
coffee

Looks good girl. Keep it up.
  #104   ^
Old Mon, Nov-08-04, 11:43
PuertoRican Princess

BF:

Dinner tonight is alot like lunch except I'm having broccoli instead of green beans.

It'll be in my fitday later.

Ciao.
  #105   ^
Old Mon, Nov-08-04, 12:23
Montana MaMa

Plan: My own lc
Stats: ***/***/140 Female 5'7"
BF:***
Progress: 26%
Wink

Well I jumped on the dreaded scale and it registered 204, I have been drinking coffee this morning and maybe that is why it is up from where I thought it would be, and i will be hiking today so maybe it will go down and surprise me, hopefully!
I wish everyone here good luck and a great day!!!!

Hugs...!