Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Sweet treats
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Oct-26-04, 19:51

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 252.4/171.2/166 Female 66 in
BF:40.74/27.63/25
Progress: 94%
Default Low-Carb Chocolate Frappucino

Yes, you heard me right. I used to be a barista and I came out of there with a few skills. ;-) Tonight I have invented a low-carb frappucino. It's really easy to make!

Okay! So here's what you need!

A 2 or 2.25 Quart pitcher
Ice
32oz of heavy cream
32oz of carb countdown milk
Low-carb chocolate syrup (Atkins has a product, but I got mine for $2.99 at Kroger with only 2 net carbs per serving... I'll have to check the brand later)
6oz Sugar-free vanilla syrup (Optional, but it makes it less watery)
Either 8 shots of espresso (decaf if you want) or what I did since I don't have an espresso machine was ~16oz of coffee

How to make it:

Pour the heavy cream, milk, espresso/coffee, and vanilla syrup in a pitcher and mix together. Let it refridgerate for a little while to cool it down. Not terribly long.

Next get a glass and fill it with ice. Fill the glass with the mixture. Add one or two servings (your preference) of low carb chocolate syrup to the glass.

Pour contents of the glass into a blender and blend until the ice is not chunky anymore. (I don't know this blending terminology. ) Pour back into the glass and enjoy!!

You should have enough in the pitcher for 8 servings. And total carb count should only be about 3-4 net carbs for one serving of chocolate syrup and 5-6 net carbs for two servings of the chocolate syrup.

This is SO, SO good. I had the idea while I worked in the cafe, but never had to opporunity to try it out until now. Let me know what you think!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Oct-26-04, 20:09

Plan: Less talk, More action
Stats: 175/130/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Now...presumably for me to make this in N.Z..where we do not get your 'carb countdown' milk...I'll have to water down our cream...ya think?!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Oct-26-04, 22:25

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 252.4/171.2/166 Female 66 in
BF:40.74/27.63/25
Progress: 94%

Hmm... Well... you could just use all heavy cream instead of the milk. That could work. And maybe throw a packet of artificial sweetener in it.