Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Sun, Aug-29-04, 15:02

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 180/175/135 Female 66 inches
BF:yup
Progress: 11%

Can I join in? I know I'm a little late...

I was at 167 yesterday, but I cheated bigtime last night (going away sleepover with a couple of my friends...tsk tsk) so I'm expecting an increase when I weigh in tomorrow at least from the waterweight.

I'll post my weight tomorrow!
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Sun, Aug-29-04, 17:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 221/216/165 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress:
Talking

Thanks all for the congrats! I can't believe I actually made it to 210.5! I still weigh the same today which is good since I had 2 REAL beers yesterday since I was out of Miller Light and hubby hadn't made it back from shopping with Amanda yet. Plus we had Crab and Shrimp last night so needless to say I pigged out! But I did skip the baked potatoe, didn't even miss it, yeah!!! Amanda isn't doing as well as she wants as she gained another pound, but she had a girlfriend over for a sleep out last night so cheated a little, she is up to 167. Oh well, as long as she stays motivated. Tonight is going to be hard for me since I am making my hubby Salisbury steak in mushroom gravy with mashed potatoes, but I am making the gravy low carb and will do some Cauliflower potatoes for me and Amanda so hopefully we can both stay strong! My TOM is creeping up on me, I can feel it, so we'll see what tomorrow brings.

Good luck everyone, we CAN do this!!!

Kursten and Amanda
  #63   ^
Old Sun, Aug-29-04, 17:56

Plan: 75 carbs or less
Stats: 125/125/125 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 2%

Look ladies, I've decided low-carbing it is NOT for me. I've been doing this since about April and I have not lost one pound. I've been yo-yo-ing lose 4, gain 4, lose 3, gain 3, lose 6, gain 6 and I kid you not, I'm exactly the same wieght since March 31!!

So, for the month of September, I'm going back to counting points. I'm excited. No more restrictions. I've lost 70 pounds, counting points within a reasonable amount of time, about 8 pounds a month, so now, I'm turning back to counting points for one month and if I lose 5 pounds a month, I'll be happy.

Today, I weighed in at 184.5.

As much as I like the no sugar in my diet when I low-carb, I've come to the realization that I need my favorite foods still in my life, like my whole milk with hershey syrup. My one regular can of dr. pepper and an nightly chocolate treat. Like I said, I've lost 70 counting points within my range, and for me, I'm going to revert back to that way of eating.

I know you all are encouraging and understand my viewpoint, just wish me success.

Thanks everyone.

I'll still be posting. The only drawback with returning carbs back into my system, I will see a rise in weight and in a few days it will stabilze and once it does, the losing weight can begin.

So tomorrow I'm allowed 26 points!! LOL

xo Cindy
  #64   ^
Old Sun, Aug-29-04, 18:37

Stats: 155/108/110 Female 64 inches
BF:33%/25%/22%
Progress: 104%

Cindy--

whatever works for you! People are not all alike and one way of eating is not the only way; I wish you well with the points system.

I hope you will stay in the race!

Lucy

PS Welcome fishie--I love your avatar!
  #65   ^
Old Sun, Aug-29-04, 18:38

Plan: My own
Stats: 152/150/135 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 12%

you are welcome to joing fishie! we love new people and are always welcoming more good luck with losing the five lbs .

kbecuzz... you will get there and you are doing fantastic with this weight thing . i think as long as you stay in ketosis you will be fine and the weight will still stay off . just have confedance . and i am sorry that amanda is having a hard time .

cindy , i am really sorry that lcing was not right for you . but i hope counting will help you lose the weight . is what oyu are going to do something along the lines of weight watchers ?

well have a good night everyone!
  #66   ^
Old Sun, Aug-29-04, 20:17

Stats: 175/172.5/115 Female 62.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Hi everyone. I didn't weigh in today, I was afraid to. Don't think I will until Tuesday.

Cindy, I hope the point system works for you. I know that everyone is different and what works for you won't work for someone else. Myself I learned that I have a lot of food allergies and when I started doing LC most of my problems went away. I was taking prescription allergy pills every day, but after a few weeks on LC I was able to stop taking them all together. Anyway I wish you the best of luck.

Hope that everyone else is doing OK. Looks like you guys are doing better than me. I am still having problems controling my eating. Once this darn divorce is over with things should settle back down.
  #67   ^
Old Sun, Aug-29-04, 20:21

Plan: My Own Thang....
Stats: 190/190/160 Female 5ft 5in
BF:
Progress: 0%

welcome to onederland super ah!!!!!!
  #68   ^
Old Sun, Aug-29-04, 21:09
I will try...until.

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 288.5/207.5/110 Female 61'
BF:52/52/20
Progress: 45%

Hi fishie. You are more than welcome to join in!

Cindy, good luck! Let us know how it goes.

I am weighing in on Wednesday morning, everyone, and after that I will be using the evil doctor scale at the gym, so I'll have to adjust my stats. *sniff* I have a feeling that scale is going to hate me. LOL.
  #69   ^
Old Mon, Aug-30-04, 03:16

Default TOM TOM go away

138. Still. I don't want to talk about it
  #70   ^
Old Mon, Aug-30-04, 05:40

Plan: My Own Thang....
Stats: 190/190/160 Female 5ft 5in
BF:
Progress: 0%

189!!!!!!! finally TOM is gone. i was so happy this morning. now i can start losin again. hope to be at 183 by the end of september. so i need to lose 1 more pound and will have reached the 5 pouund mark!!!! bye ladies and continue losing,
jodi
  #71   ^
Old Mon, Aug-30-04, 08:21

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 180/175/135 Female 66 inches
BF:yup
Progress: 11%

thanks for the welcome

i weighed just now and it was not a pretty picture...170! which means that i have gained 5 pounds in the past week. i have been eating pretty poorly, especially the last three days, so i guess it's to be expected...

oh well, returning to healthy eating today!

ms. ketosis, what is the point system? is that like weightwatchers?

good luck ladies, and congrats soonslim!
  #72   ^
Old Mon, Aug-30-04, 08:37

Stats: 214/210/140 Female 157cm
BF:way/too/high
Progress: 5%

Thank you Thank you Soon.. I never want to see that 2 again.. Congrats to all the losses in here and Ms.K.. have to do what works for you and what you or comfortable with or it will never work.
I am 196 this morning.. wow... I am looking at that scale and I can't wait to see it fall below 190! that will be a great feeling. Fingers crossed it happens by the end of September.
Keep at it all!!!!
AH
  #73   ^
Old Mon, Aug-30-04, 09:46

Good Job, Super!

It is satisfying to cross markers like that.

Looks like Soonslim is gonna beat us all this race!

MsK, let us know how things are going.

Lucy
  #74   ^
Old Mon, Aug-30-04, 15:32

Stats: 221/216/165 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress:
Talking

Cindy, sorry the LC WOL isn't working for you. Good luck counting points, whatever works for your body is what you need to go with!

I am up 2 pounds today but TOM is looming so don't feel too bad. Amanda is hanging tight with no loss. We starting Deep Water Aqua Aerobics this morning so I will be going 6 days a week x 1 hour and Amanda will be going 3 days a week x 1 hour (to work around her school schedule). Hopefully the increase in exercise will make the scale move in the right direction for both of us ;-)

Congrats soonslim and AH...welcome fishie!!

Good luck everyone, we can do this!!!!

Kursten and Amanda
  #75   ^
Old Mon, Aug-30-04, 18:12

Stats: 214/210/140 Female 157cm
BF:way/too/high
Progress: 5%

Kbecuzz.. water aerobics are GREAT!! I loved it.. just got so expensive that it will have to wait until I am back to work. $10 a session is incredible!
I would be out walking my new little guy but he seems to want to stop for a bottle every 5 minutes..lol.. he is too funny. Now that he is getting older (3 months yesterday) perhaps he will enjoy his ride!
Keep losing!!!