Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Wed, Aug-25-04, 22:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 221/216/165 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress:
Question Is this challenge still open?????

I just saw this thread and wondered if it is still open to new-comers?? Me and my daughter would like to join. We just started the LC 2 weeks ago and we'll weigh in tomorrow and post our stats if this challenge is still open.

Sounds like you all are doing great....keep up the good work! It isn't always easy but the results make it worth it!!!

Kursten & Amanda
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Aug-26-04, 06:02

Plan: My Own Thang....
Stats: 190/190/160 Female 5ft 5in
BF:
Progress: 0%

well at 191 still. cant wait till TOM is OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

welcome newcomers. glad to have ya. just fill us in on ur weight status everyday if u can. if not thats ok. the mom and daughter thing sounds great! wish i had someone to do this w/!!! anyway gotta go. have a great cheat free day guys!!!
jodi
  #33   ^
Old Thu, Aug-26-04, 08:28

Stats: 214/210/140 Female 157cm
BF:way/too/high
Progress: 5%

Well.. thanks for the welcome Soonslim.
Kbec.. I am also doing this with my mother.. and my mother-in-law. She is in Hong Kong for another year and we keep in touch daily on our progress. It helps.

I am 199 this morning... down 1.
  #34   ^
Old Thu, Aug-26-04, 08:33

BF:
Progress:
Talking Day one weigh in - Kursten and Amanda

Hi and thanks for the welcome. Having my daughter do this with me definitely helps. I have tried to go LC twice before by myself and fell off pretty quickly.

O.K. Here are our stats as of this morning.

Kursten: 216.5 (gained .5 since last weigh in...ughhh, hopefully this challenge will keep me more focused)

Amanda: 165

Am going to concentrate on more protein and drinking more water. I have been eating quite a few veggies lately, even though the low carb ones, so that might be what is stalling me out.

Good job everyone, keep it up!

Kursten and Amanda
  #35   ^
Old Thu, Aug-26-04, 13:18

Plan: 75 carbs or less
Stats: 125/125/125 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 2%

Super AH, Kursten and Amanda of course you can join. Post what you can, if its everyday, Great, if not, thats okay too.

Just to let everyone know, I'm sorry I didn't post this morning. I had a choice of getting on the internet for 30 minutes or cuddling up with the hubby for 30 minute...(smile), I couldn't resist I had to cuddle.

This morning I weighed in at 182.5!!! I'm one pound away from FIVE POUNDS, lol. BUT, there is always a BUT, LOL. I'm feeling "tempted" right now, I felt this way all day, I want to run to the store and buy bags of goodies, cookies, ice cream...awhh, I always self sabatage myself!!!

I havent done anything that I regret yet, and I so want to see 179, I haven't seen that number in a decade, wow, I hope I don't mess up.

Well, time will only tell.

I hope everyone else is doing well, good luck to you all!!!

xo Cindy
  #36   ^
Old Thu, Aug-26-04, 15:24

Stats: 175/172.5/115 Female 62.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Great, more newcomers, welcome to the challenge.

Cindy you are doing great, don't be tempted when you are so close to winning the first race to 5 pounds lost. I know you can do it.

I weighed the same this morning. I haven't felt good in a couple of days, so I haven't been so active either. Hopefully this will pass soon.
  #37   ^
Old Thu, Aug-26-04, 15:58

Plan: My own
Stats: 152/150/135 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 12%

looks like everyone is doing fantastic . my first day of school went well , and i have been feeling great . i am still at 137 because my mom says i ate chiness food and that makes oyu retain water weight . but i have not cheeted in like 4 days so i am very proud of myself . have a fantastic night everyone
  #38   ^
Old Thu, Aug-26-04, 19:57

MsKetosis.. don't give up when you are doing so awesome! I am inspired by your success. I am not a sabatager.. but my husband is good at it.. he is like "ohh, you did so well the last week.. treat yourself".. he makes it seem all ok.. Easy for him.. He polishes off 6 boxes of cereal a week.. easy.. and never gains an ounce.. he is all muscle.. ugh!lol
But I am not letting him get me this time!
Will weigh in tomorrow morning..
  #39   ^
Old Fri, Aug-27-04, 06:19

Plan: 75 carbs or less
Stats: 125/125/125 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 2%

Thanks Super Ah and Sprissy. Needless to say, I didn't cave in and I'm feeling stronger for it. I did weigh myself this morning and to my surprise...I stayed the same!! 182.5.

Its all mental strategy.

Good luck to you. I'm focused on the end of September. I hope to lose 18 pounds by then, and I know I can do it as long as I am mentally focused.

Have a good day everyone.

bluesfan, good luck with school. You'll lose the weight just hang in there. As long as you didn't gain, you're going in the right direction.

xo Cindy
  #40   ^
Old Fri, Aug-27-04, 08:20

Well, Morning all.
It seems I am 198.5... so I am saying I stayed pretty much the same as yesterday.. no real change in that scale. I am in Ketosis. That dark purple stick tells me so.. so I am not worried.. in my first week I usually stay around the same, then drop a bunch real quick in the start of the second week... so let's hope that is the way it goes this time.

Keep at it all.. we can achieve this...
AH
  #41   ^
Old Fri, Aug-27-04, 11:48

Plan: My Own Thang....
Stats: 190/190/160 Female 5ft 5in
BF:
Progress: 0%

hey guys. still at 191. 2 more days of TOM!!!! have cheated a couple of times but have not gained. have not been exercising as much this week either. lata

jodi
  #42   ^
Old Fri, Aug-27-04, 12:38
I will try...until.

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 288.5/207.5/110 Female 61'
BF:52/52/20
Progress: 45%

Hi everyone, and welcome newcomers to the challenge.

I refuse to weigh myself during TOM, so I won't have an update until next week. I've stuck with it so far though, no cheats yet!
  #43   ^
Old Fri, Aug-27-04, 15:33

Is it strange that we are all on TOM right now..LOL.
Since I had my little boy 3 months ago, mine have been wicked. I am super swollen right now. Hope when it goes I will notice a difference.
  #44   ^
Old Fri, Aug-27-04, 17:17

BF:
Progress:
Cool

Hello everybody!

Well both me and Amanda saw a loss this morning. Mine was probably so big because me and hubby got in a fight last night and I ended up not eating any dinner (which I know isn't good for me) but tonight I'm making up for it with Bacon and Cheddar topped baked chicken and cauliflower with cheese sauce.

Kursten: 214.5 (down 2 lbs since yesterday)
Amanda: 264.5 (down .5 lbs since yesterday)

We are doing great and with each other to lean on it really makes a difference. Also since I found this forum earlier this week I have pretty much lived on it and am getting both good ideas and great support!

Thanks everyone, keep up the good work.

Kursten & Amanda
  #45   ^
Old Fri, Aug-27-04, 18:28

Plan: lo carb
Stats: 200/186.5/140 Female 5foot 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 23%

Quote:
Originally Posted by *soonslim*
im so tired of eggs. i do eat the lc cereals but they taste like boxes. lol. i'll give it a try. jodi

You know what I do when I feel like this I make fake pancakes with eggs and cream cheese they are so good with a littl sugar free jam!!(let me know if you want the recipe)

Still on TOM so no weight here mabey tomorow!!!