Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, Aug-12-04, 07:30
Southern Gentleman

Plan: CKD
Stats: 272/219/210 Male 70.5 inches
BF:30+/20-21/14-15
Progress: 85%

Cut going well so far. Under 220 this morning and down 1 3/4 at waist (not all on CKD, was dieting a few weeks before starting it).

Am planning to take a week off of lifting next week, but I might do a small carb-up Friday or Saturday anyway. If I am depleted it should still all go to glycogen stores and either be used up doing cardio next week or some still there when I start back lifting the following week.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Aug-12-04, 07:42

Plan: Atkins /NHE/CKD
Stats: 289/219/200 Male 5' 8"
BF:41%/20%/18%
Progress: 79%

Under 220!
Great going.

I hit 227.8 this AM !

I hope to see 220 in a couple of MONTHS!

Good going Chip

Jag
  #33   ^
Old Thu, Aug-12-04, 08:58
"Natural Mystic"

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

Quote:
Under 220 this morning and down 1 3/4 at waist
Awesome!

Quote:
I don't measure very acurately, so I don't really do it very often. I just go by the way I look and the way my clothes fit.
I tried on these jeans that were exremely snug after I came back from vacation (july)and now they feel so comforatble so I guess even if my measurements aren't showing it something must be happening.

red
  #34   ^
Old Thu, Aug-12-04, 11:31

Stats: 350/205/180 Male 6'0"
BF:

Good goin Chipp!

A question for you chipp, what kind of nuts do you eat regularly? Also, do you work out pretty hard durring the week?

I'm doing a modified low carb diet and I'm all the way down to 190. I was 237 in April so that's a pretty decent chunk gone.

The big thing I notice is that I'm unable to exercise until I've taken in about 1500 to 1600 calories down over the course of the day and I'm finding the huge concentration of calories in nuts has been just the thing to up my calories to make up for the exercise and keep my metabolism going.

Macadameia(spelling) nuts are great. I've been eating avocados and Sausages have been great as well, all beef or turkey.

Any other mono-saturated fat nuts you know of that I can be eating as well? Also, do you eat much fish? I hear it's a good think to mix up sources of proteins and fats each day.
  #35   ^
Old Fri, Aug-13-04, 14:27
Southern Gentleman

I eat walnuts and almonds most often, macs are great but very expensive, I don't get'em much, peanuts sometime (more carbs, can only have a little), and pecans sometime. Brazil nuts are also excellent as they have much needed magnesium and a good bit of protein also. Sunflower seed kernels are not nuts, but I eat them fairly often also.

I work out very hard during the week usually. Sometimes I eat salmon regularly and then I go for spells without, but I eat tuna fairly often.
  #36   ^
Old Wed, Aug-18-04, 09:02
Registered Member

Stats: 285/220/190 Male 70 inches
BF:
Progress:

I agree on the walnuts and almonds. Tons of fat, but only like 1 or 2g of saturated fat per serving. Try also Soy Nut butter. 6g of total carbs, but 5 of those are fiber (1 net carb). To Chipparoo: If the salads get boring, you should try LC tortillas. 9g of total carbs each, but 6g of fiber. They help keep me "regular". Only 50 calories each. Wrap some chicken, lettuce, bacon, and either mayo or olive oil & vinager in those bad boys,and they are golden. I also make quesadillas with them. There are so many options with them. I eat 2 per day. Well just a suggestion. Take it easy (except forin the gym!!) everyone.
  #37   ^
Old Sat, Aug-21-04, 12:46
Southern Gentleman

Alright, back from my break, did some cardio today (it's in my gym log) and will tomorrow also.

Start lifting again Mon. but there may be a change in diet. I am seriously thinking I will give the ANPB diet a try.

Don't know if I'll even make it through 24 hours of that, but I think I'm going to try. If I can stick with it, I'll try to do it for 2 or 3 weeks and see what results I have then.
  #38   ^
Old Sun, Aug-22-04, 08:46

BF:

Keep it up chip! ANPB diet sounds like a tough one but if you can stick it out the results should be great!

Just make sure your mindset is positive going into the diet and you should be fine, good luck!
  #39   ^
Old Sun, Aug-22-04, 08:52

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP85
I agree on the walnuts and almonds. Tons of fat, but only like 1 or 2g of saturated fat per serving. Try also Soy Nut butter. 6g of total carbs, but 5 of those are fiber (1 net carb). To Chipparoo: If the salads get boring, you should try LC tortillas. 9g of total carbs each, but 6g of fiber. They help keep me "regular". Only 50 calories each. Wrap some chicken, lettuce, bacon, and either mayo or olive oil & vinager in those bad boys,and they are golden. I also make quesadillas with them. There are so many options with them. I eat 2 per day. Well just a suggestion. Take it easy (except forin the gym!!) everyone.

A recomendation for variety. www.osolos.com. There's this bread out that is made with flax and vegetable fiber and has only 3 net carbs per Deli Roll and an additional 15g's of protein. Combine this with an Idel's Smoked Tomato Sausage and half a tbls of flax + mustard and you have a GREAT tasting hotdog with a great protein to fat ratio.

SO TASTY

PS: Safeway is the only place I can find this bread.
  #40   ^
Old Tue, Aug-24-04, 08:08
Southern Gentleman

First 24 hours of my ANPB diet is now behind me and feeling good. I get BRIEF cravings for real food when I SEE it, which happens a good bit because I live with 4 children and 2 other adults. But, they are resistable, as I am not VERY hungry.

Workout went well yesterday, might go do back and biceps today while children are in school because I'm not working today.

Yesterday I drank 2 glasses of water with 10g of psylium husks and today I think I'm going to change it to 4 glasses with 5g each.

So far, so good!

Going to wait a few days before I report on any weight loss as I did another carb day sunday and have a bunch of glycogen and water to lose before I can tell where I stand with that.
  #41   ^
Old Tue, Aug-24-04, 10:05
Registered Member

Plan: hi prot/carb/cal cycling
Stats: 138.5/133.5/120 Female 64 inches
BF:20%
Progress: 27%

good luck Chip !!
  #42   ^
Old Tue, Aug-24-04, 10:28

Plan: Atkins /NHE/CKD
Stats: 289/219/200 Male 5' 8"
BF:41%/20%/18%
Progress: 79%

That is a lot of Psyllium.

Don't sneeze!

Jag
  #43   ^
Old Tue, Aug-24-04, 21:21
Southern Gentleman

End of day 2, I was behind on my shakes, can ya'll believe that? All I'm eating is 3 tablespoons of peanut butter and a heaping scoop of protein 6 times a day and NO solid food and I'm skipping meals! And this was a workout day. Feeling no different than usuall at all. Well except less food cravings than usual!

So, I just decided to skip the last shake 'cause my 5th one was at something like 9 to 9:30pm.
  #44   ^
Old Tue, Aug-24-04, 21:40
Registered Member

Plan: Metabolic Surge
Stats: 170/139/? Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipperoo
End of day 2, I was behind on my shakes, can ya'll believe that? All I'm eating is 3 tablespoons of peanut butter and a heaping scoop of protein 6 times a day and NO solid food and I'm skipping meals! And this was a workout day. Feeling no different than usuall at all. Well except less food cravings than usual!

So, I just decided to skip the last shake 'cause my 5th one was at something like 9 to 9:30pm.

Okay, that's just freaking amazing. Chip, the human garborator, NOT HUNGRY ENOUGH TO DRINK HIS LAST MEAL.

I can die now. I've seen EVERYTHING.

Glad you're so comfortable, bud!
  #45   ^
Old Tue, Aug-24-04, 21:47
"Natural Mystic"

Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

Maybe the psyllium is making you full swelling up in your stomach. Are you taking it with your shakes and peanut butter?

red