Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Wed, Aug-11-04, 14:08

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 257/239/220 Female 5ft. 7 1/2in.
BF:
Progress: 49%

Joan--

If you were male I would definately call you " Da Man!!"--

I tried the elliptical trainer for the first time today after riding the bike for 30 minutes. I made it 2 minutes with three stops.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Wed, Aug-11-04, 16:23
Vorsicht! heiß

Plan: SureSlim Wellness Clinic
Stats: 225.6/188.8/160 Female 5'8
BF:34%/24%/24%
Progress: 56%

super workout Joan..the Elliptical is hard..I only made it up to 30 min when I used it last a year ago

fantastic
  #48   ^
Old Wed, Aug-11-04, 17:22

BF:

Joan,

I can't believe I would ever make it to 5 minutes. That sucker kills my thighs--30 and 45 minutes --well --hell I may as well walk to the moon.
  #49   ^
Old Thu, Aug-12-04, 04:17
Renovation Cub

Plan: LC
Stats: 330/286/200 Male 70
BF:
Progress: 34%

Ahh, so off to the gym for some more weight lifting this morning, pump that iron

I did keep my elliptical to 25 minutes of high intesity again, was really feeling my legs getting worn out when I was pushing through the high resistance (each interval was around 3-4 minutes I think)

Have a good one, and can't wait to here how it went.
  #50   ^
Old Thu, Aug-12-04, 09:23

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 305/221/180 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 67%

August 12, 2004 Thursday

Chest Press.......45 pounds 30 reps

Leg Press..........120 pounds 30 reps

bike set for 2 minutes keep the Rpm's above 70

Seated Row........60 pounds 30 reps

Leg Curls............60 pounds 30 reps

Shoulder Press....30 pounds 30 reps

Ball squats with 12 pound weights, a total of 30

Bike again for 2 minutes rpm's kept about 70

Leg Extensions......45 pounds 30 reps

Hyper extension....160 pounds 30 reps

Arm Curls.............10 pounds 30 reps (new one)

Tricep extension...20 pounds 30 reps (new one)

Okay we did a couple of new leg things but they are put in the same as the leg extensions . One was I had to do only one leg at a time. Now a confortable position, and I got the giggles cause I looked so funny like this , but oh my God what a burn I got. Had myself bend over this machine and was doing leg curls, this was a real workout. The other thing that we did different with the legs today...besides cutting them off.... was on the seated leg curls we did those one leg at a time, and my legs were burning, and so tired. So may not even be able to walk at all tomorrow .

On the exercise I'm doing now I do 10 reps, 10 second hold, 10 reps, 10 second hold, 10 reps = 1 set of 30

Something happened to me this morning on the Ball squats, and sorta kinda scared me a bit until I found out why this was happening. BTW, it is amazing how important the right breathing is...anyways, I had done like the first 10 squats, then I had this terrible pain in my head, a sharp pain, so I immeiately told Brian, we stopped, and within 5 seconds the pain was gone, it was I was breathing too fast and not taking deep enough breaths. Damn, thought I'd found a way not to have to do those Ball squats

Feeling really good about today's workout. Plan tomorrow is to do Cardio.
  #51   ^
Old Thu, Aug-12-04, 09:27
Renovation Cub

BF:

Been there done that, I think it was part of the issue I had with the headaches I was getting.
  #52   ^
Old Thu, Aug-12-04, 09:46

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 135/130.5/120 Female 5'4"
BF:26/???/18
Progress: 30%

Hi Joan! How do you like working one leg at a time? You might feel it a bit more than usual tomorrow. If you are like me, I favor one leg more that the other and working one at a time should help the strength of the weaker one.

Have a great day!!!

The Diet Dr Pepper Queen
-Aimee
  #53   ^
Old Thu, Aug-12-04, 17:35

BF:

Hey Joan--

I am glad that you and Kevin mentioned the headaches because maybe I am not breathing deep enough either. I have been coming home with a slight headache after weight lifting. I will start breathing deeper and see if that helps. Thanks

Your trainer sure puts you through a work out and a half Joan. Aren't you glad you don't have to do it every day?? LOL!!

Have a great workout on cardio tomorrow. Hugs--
  #54   ^
Old Fri, Aug-13-04, 07:17

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 305/221/180 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 67%

August 13, 2004 Friday

50 minutes on the elliptical buring a total of 943 calories. The scale is moving down, but not enough for me to be all excited. My plan tomorrow morning is to take my measurements.

Alice,
if I had to do weights everyday, I really don't think I'd last very long at it, lol lol. Now my headache began while I was doing the ball squats not after I finished up my exercise.
  #55   ^
Old Fri, Aug-13-04, 07:19
Renovation Cub

BF:

Doing great Joan. Can't wait to hear the measurements.
  #56   ^
Old Fri, Aug-13-04, 10:30

BF:

Happy Friday Joan---You should have seen me puffing this morning during my exercise--seems to have worked--came home with no headache but did get some chest pain as I was finishing my second minute on the elliptical. Think I am going to have to take that a lot slower.

You are doing Fantastic on that elliptical and I am so impressed. Keep up the great job!!! Maybe the reason the weight isn't going off fast for us is that we are building muscle. Think so?

We are watching the Charlie Hurricane as we have a lot of family in the Tampa-St. Pete area of Florida. Concerned for them.

Have a great weekend sweetie!!!
  #57   ^
Old Fri, Aug-13-04, 11:15

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 135/130.5/120 Female 5'4"
BF:26/???/18
Progress: 30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by j. mcadams
You mentioned again about getting ''queasy''. Are you eating anything at all before you weight lifting?? Some of us need to have something light in out bellies before lifting. Just a thought.

I think I figured out why I've been queasy. Usually I have a protein bar or shake before I workout, so food isn't the issue. I haven't been sleeping well, or that much this week. I usually feel so blah when I don't get at least 6 1/2 hours of sleep. Hopefully tonight I can get some sleep, cuz I have 4 more days of work ahead of me, then I'm off to Houston to visit the family for 5 days. I also have 1 interview lined up, so I hope it goes well. My eating will suffer a tad - TONS OF TEX-MEX! I gotta have my fill b/c I don't know when I'll be back to Houston. But I will make sure I work out. I plan on going to Bally's in the mornings and maybe to the park to run (if it's not too hot).

My queasiness did go away for a few hours yesterday!!! I had a few french fries yesterday at lunch, I know - Bad Aimee!!, but it seemed to do the trick. But it's back this morning. Think maybe it's the dr peppers? I have been drinking one more a day than usual - my limit is 1, but this week I've been having 2 a day to keep me awake. I don't know, I'm going to go to bed early tonight, that is if I don't get too involved in watching the opening ceremonies.

Well, hope you have a good day!

-Aimee
  #58   ^
Old Fri, Aug-13-04, 14:32
Reinventing Myself

Plan: Doctor's Plan
Stats: */*/* Female 5 ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 77%

Hi Joan-

I found out where the party is Workouts look GREAT! You are doing so well. I give you credit. I dont know if I could do it!

~Michelle
  #59   ^
Old Fri, Aug-13-04, 14:34

BF:

Hope you plan on enjoying your weekend like I am Joan. I am sleeping in tomorrow!!!
  #60   ^
Old Fri, Aug-13-04, 15:09

Plan: low carb
Stats: 173/135.8/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 87%
Default Stopping by to say "hi"

Hi. I've seen you in other journals and thought I'd stop by and say "hello" and tell you how much I like your signature. That is so true and very encouraging! We are very close to the same age. I'll be 49 in September. Well....I hope you are very successful with everything.

Debbie