Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Everywhere
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Wed, Feb-01-06, 13:44

Plan: SB
Stats: 142/135/120 Female 5:3
BF:
Progress:

Neela - that is too funny about our hubbies!! Sounds like you are a newly wed. I got divorced after 19 yrs. of marriage and ended up with my now hubby - who is the greatest man in the world!! We got married 2 yrs. ago after being together for nearly 8 yrs. Check out our wedding pictures at http://community.webshots.com/user/jas280!! By the way, is that you in the picture - very pretty!

Anu is probably the only one working....

Actually it is lunch hour here and I am trying to get some paper off my desk.....

Sandhya - Low carb probably is hard for a vegetarian. I love my meat so it is hard to relate. Now lets see, SB has 2 weeks of strict rules where no fruit is allowed - very much like Induction. Here is some information:

Allowed Foods in Phase 2 (Foods you can reintroduce
to your diet)
FRUIT
Apples
Apricots-dried fresh
Blueberries
Cantaloupe
Cherries
Grapefruit
Grapes
Kiwi
Mangoes
Oranges
Peaches
Pears
Plums
Strawberries

DAIRY
Milk-light soy, fat-free or 1%
Yogurt-light, fruit-flavored, plain, low-fat or fat-free

STARCHES (USE SPARINGLY)
Bagels, small, whole grain
Bread-multigrain, oat and bran, rye, whole wheat
Cereal-Fiber One, Kellogg's Extra-Fiber All Bran, oatmeal (not instant), other high-fiber, Uncle Sam
Muffins, bran-sugar-free (no raisins)
Pasta, whole wheat
Peas, green
Pita-stone-ground, whole wheat
Popcorn
Potato, small, sweet
Rice-brown, wild

VEGETABLES AND LEGUMES
Barley
Beans, pinto
Black-eyed peas

MISCELLANEOUS
Chocolate (sparingly)-bittersweet, semisweet
Pudding, fat-free/sugar-free
Wine, red

FOODS TO AVOID OR EAT RARELY!!!
STARCHES AND BREADS
Bagel, refined wheat
Bread-refined wheat white
Cookies
Cornflakes
Matzo
Pasta, white flour
Potatoes-baked, white instant
Rice cakes
Rice, white
Rolls, dinner

VEGETABLES
Beets
Carrots
Corn
Potatoes FRUIT
Bananas
Canned fruit, juice packed
Fruit juice
Pineapple
Raisins
Watermelon

MISCELLANEOUS
Honey
Ice cream
Jam

Hope this helps....
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Thu, Feb-02-06, 18:18

Plan: Semi South Beach
Stats: 167.5/138/130 Female 66.6 inches
BF:
Progress: 79%

Thanks for all the warm welcomes! I will definitely try to cook a little more with your advice. We've been eating american food for the most part, except we spice up the green beans with some indian spices. They are so good. I can't believe I actually get cravings for green beans!

Jas - Your wedding was beautiful! I'm very happy for you that you found the best man! Yes, the picture is me. Thanks for the compliment! There are some more pictures in my gallery. I have pictures of my two dogs in there too. They are cute!
  #63   ^
Old Fri, Feb-03-06, 11:52

BF:
Progress:

Neela - you are gorgeous girl! Love your wedding dress. Did you also wear an Indian outfit? Your dogs are very cute! I gather you guys don't have any kids as yet.

Well ladies have a great weekend. I am going to really behave this weekend and hopefully I will see the scale move!!
  #64   ^
Old Mon, Feb-06-06, 12:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 144/138/120 Female 5'-2"
BF:
Progress: 25%

G'morning Ladies

I have finally recieved the SBD book. Hopefully will manage to find time to go through it.Hubby aint losing any weight and is getting restless.Well, neither am i - but i know i hav'nt been very good lately.Too much of allowed food can be bad too.That's what i'm doing or rather overdoing.

Hey, i tried making seekh kebabs, well- not exactly looks wise- these were without the skewers, like round shammi kebabs.MMM mmm MmMm...i'll make a big batch today and freeze them for emergencies.For those who want to know the recipe, here it is:

Ground turkey/ chicken/mutton (i used trukey as its easily available)
Chopped leeks/green onions
green chillies
ginger-chopped
garlic-chopped
Coriander or parsley
roated ground cumin
red chilli powder
roasted ground coriander
2 eggs to bind the dough
olive oil-abotu 2 tbsp
salt

If you make indian food often, you'll have most of the spices at home, you know what i'm talking about, but-If you cant find the spices mentioned above just use all in one-Seekh kebab masala found in any Indian grocery store.or spice it up with your own spices, maybe even some tandoori masala if you dont have anything else!

make into small round balls and gently flatten it.
Pre-heat oven on 375D, and throw these in & bake for about 15-18 mins till cooked. broil for 5 more mins.Have with coriander chutney or hot salsa
Enjoy ! This dish is absolutely lo-carb and very yummy....you can even add some grilled veggies on the side.

Bye for now- Keep lo-carbing
  #65   ^
Old Mon, Feb-06-06, 12:36

BF:

Hey there Neela-Cute doggies !! What have you named them?
  #66   ^
Old Mon, Feb-06-06, 16:07

BF:
Progress:

Hey Sandhya - thanks for the recipe....I will have to try this! Good luck with the SB!

How was everyone's weekend?
  #67   ^
Old Tue, Feb-07-06, 08:14

BF:

Hi Ladies!

My dogs names are Joey and Rika. No kids yet!

Thanks for the recipe ideas. I really don't cook much but I need to start.

Purvi
  #68   ^
Old Wed, Feb-08-06, 11:19

BF:

Hey there

I'm feeling so horribly bloated and its not even TOM- Must be the nuts i've been munching , and oh yes, the pria bar i ate !!!
What a horrible feeling...

I wonder how long i'll keep going back and forth like this. I need to be more honest with myself.No cheats means NO CHEATS.

How's everyone doing? How are you all dealing with the"sweet tooth"? Are you all exercising? My exercise is limited to walking 2-3 miles/day other than the housework and kids which is lotsss.....(according to me !)

Do write in what's happening with everyone.Any new tips, magic spells or potions to lose 10 pounds as in woosh ?..Huh...Anyone.........ANYONE....?
  #69   ^
Old Wed, Feb-08-06, 19:15

BF:

I've been cheating a lot too. I'm on during the week, then cheat for 3 days in a row. It's a vicious cycle. I've decided to go back on induction and count every little carb again. I also decided to start eating breakfast again. I found I'm a lot more successful when I eat breakfast. It curbs your appetite and keeps your blood sugars in check.
  #70   ^
Old Thu, Feb-09-06, 10:44

BF:
Progress:

Hey ladies! Cheats - no one is better at it than I am. Like you neela, I do real well for a few days and then cheat and the 2 lbs. that I lost come right back on. I am certainly not going to make my goal before I leave for Houston. The only good thing is that DH and I are exercising faithfully. The pants are not as tight but not as comfy as I would like them to be.

Work is so busy here....I might have to work this Saturday. DH also leaves on Sunday for a course for 4 days....God I miss him when he is away....must mean that I love him.... this Valentines day will be the first one that we will be apart....

Sandhya, how is DH doing with the SB?
  #71   ^
Old Fri, Feb-10-06, 07:31

BF:

I don't like it when DH leaves too. I'm usually OK for the first day or two then I get lonely. It is nice to be able to watch what I want to watch on TV!

I've been doing pretty good this week so far. The weekend is always hard for me. We are having chicken wings tonight so I think I'll be OK. Tomorrow we are going out to dinner with some friends for DH's 30th birthday so that will be a little more challenging. I still haven't gotten anything for DH. Any ideas?
  #72   ^
Old Fri, Feb-10-06, 10:01

BF:
Progress:

Neela, it must mean we are totally in love!! Today DH went to the hospital to get his blood work done....we met at the gas station by accident at 8:00 - of course he gives me a big kiss - tongue and all and the gas attendant just about freaks out....of course he has never seen my hubby....it was really hillarious!

I agree about the remote!! MEN

Gifts - 30th ummmmmmmmmmmm - It would depend what he likes! But whatever you get him Neela, make sure to do one thing that he will remember.....for example, I have dressed up in a boustiere (sp?) and nylons to greet him when he comes home or some special thing at bedtime.....let your imagination roam.....ENJOY!!
  #73   ^
Old Tue, Feb-14-06, 01:44
Registered Member

Stats: 187/177/154 Female 5ft 6in
BF:
Progress: 30%

Hi Girls, welcome Neela.........great to see the thread picking up some steam! Sorry, I've been away for a while so haven't checked in and when I did....wooooo, you girls have really been chatting! Some great recipes too!
Hey, you know, saag paneer is a favourite in my house too. This is really eerie....maybe it was the sag paneer that brought us all together?
See u later ladies, have fun!
Anu
  #74   ^
Old Tue, Feb-14-06, 10:50

BF:
Progress:

Happy Valentines Day ladies!! My hubby spoiled me with a dozen roses! He sends these every year but to me it is always like the first time!! This time he added another touch....this a.m. he phoned me from his hotel and told him there was another present in our computer room....a beautiful robe!!

So, in return, I am taking him to a hotel when we go to Houston!

Good to see you Anu - too funny about saag paneer!
  #75   ^
Old Tue, Feb-14-06, 18:37

BF:

Sag paneer is sooooo good!

Jas - sounds like you have yourself a keeper! My hubby isn't very romantic. I asked him for a jewelry box for valentines and I didn't get anything! He didn't even say Happy Valentines. But I know he still loves me

Purvi