Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Fri, Jun-04-04, 19:07

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
I have read diet books. I just have not read any low carb diet books. period.

Wildcard...just an observation here, but if you're going to a) follow a low carb diet and/or b) discuss one, it might benefit you to actually read about the science behind them first, not just what the media has to say about it.
It seems, as someone else has already observed, that you don't completely understand or appreciate the role that insulin as well as several other hormones that are directly influenced by insulin, have on weight gain and loss.
If I might suggest, Protein Power by Drs. Dan and Mary Eades gives an excellent overview on the subject.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, Jun-04-04, 22:47

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Lisa N, I could not have said it better myself. The media has made this diet the controversey that it is. I love the Protein Power. I have more knowledge about the human body than the la dee da media and perhaps as much as some doctors.

Wildcard, if you do not read any low carb books the only thing that you will be is clueless. You cannot agree or disagree on something that you know nothing about, in all respect.

Black