Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 15:34

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 276.4/266.6/200 Female 5'8
BF:I've got some!!!
Progress: 13%

Thank you for the great article!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Jun-05-04, 14:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/153/135 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 82%

Quote:
Many people will hit the wall several months into their weight loss journey and this often occurs in what we term, a “set-point battle.” This is where weight loss suddenly and inexplicably stops at a number short of our goal. Often it is a number that has plagued us in the past – a weight at which we were previously “stuck” for an extended period of time, at another time in our lives. This could be a weight you had maintained for a number of years before gaining more weight. Your body reaches this weight milestone on your current journey and “recognizes” it as a sustainable goal, and promptly STOPS. This can be absolutely infuriating, especially if this set point is well above your intended goal! It’s agonizing when you know that you are eating carefully and faithfully and exercising religiously and you still cannot make progress. But take heart; even this stall can serve a useful purpose.

That sounds like me. I started in January, and was just moving along slow and steady. Now I think I've hit a stall/plateau. And this is EXACTLY the weight I was for several years before I started gaining again, so it seems to fit. This just gives me more hope and resolve. Thanks for posting!
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Jun-09-04, 20:11

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 246/198/150 Female 62inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

That was great info thanks.
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Jun-09-04, 21:58

Plan: My own plan
Stats: 256/199/160 Female 5 feet, 8 inches
BF:way/too/much!
Progress: 59%
Cool Thank you!

Thank you for posting the article. I'm glad I read it tonight--after a few weeks on a post-induction stall, it was a nice piece of encouragement.

Blessings, Anicka65

--------------------
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." ~ Philippians 4:13
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Jul-02-04, 16:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320.0/282.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 21%
Post 3rd week blues

I think I'm at "the 3rd week stall" - no weight gain, but no weight loss either. I am going to stop drinking caffeine free diet pepsi and stick only to water to see if that will kick start me again.

I am also thinking about getting some l-carnitine to add to my daily supplements. Already sticking to induction rules and exercising. Great article - it inspired me!
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Jul-07-04, 08:04

Plan: Primal
Stats: 173/135/132 Female 160 cm
BF:
Progress: 93%

Great article! I just wish I understood the whole "set point" thing a bit better...

I've been stuck for a few weeks now. I was inspired by this to take a fresh look at my old numbers (ha! and they laughed when I kept spreadsheet! ) ... it turns out that not only is this the exact same weight where I was stuck the first time I did Atkins, it's also pretty much exactly the same weight where I got stuck (and eventually gave up) when I did the Zone nearly ten years ago! Wow. No wonder I'm stuck.

I have had many thoughts on my current stall, especially the realisation that as a woman nearing 40, I'm kind of trying to make my body do things it's not designed for. I will probably make a big post about this later once I get my thoughts together more coherently... meanwhile, I'm in my "medium-skinny" jeans today and feeling better than I have in ages.

-- Diane C.
"If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them." (Isaac Asimov)