Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View Poll Results: What form of Oil of Oregano do you take?
Gel Capusules 62 54.87%
Liquid 49 43.36%
Other, please explain below 2 1.77%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

#31   ^
Old Thu, May-20-04, 12:52

Plan: stress & low carb
Stats: 298/242/175 Female 5' 7
BF:WAY/ TOO/ MUCH
Progress: 46%

I am fairly new to this myself, but i can give you my 2 cents!! Im on day 9 of liquid ooo. Its NOT the same brand the others are using!!!!! I take it 2 drops a.m. in a shot glass of soda, and 2 drops p.m. in a shot glass of soda. I dont know when i plan i going off or for how long.

So i was at 240 for 2 wks no loss. Then 4 days after ooo i lose 5 lbs. Now its been 5 days and nothing else yet. Im hopeful, so im still taking it. We'll see.....I dunno if it was the ooo or the woosh fairy!!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, May-20-04, 16:01

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 252.4/171.2/166 Female 66 in
BF:40.74/27.63/25
Progress: 94%

I started the ooo two evenings ago in the liquid form. Have had no side effects and am down 2.5lbs. I don't know for sure if it's the ooo (I think it is) or not as I started L-Carnitine, a meat fast, and Relacore all at the same time.

I'll post after I've taken it a little longer.
  #33   ^
Old Thu, May-20-04, 23:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 221/200/121 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 21%

missaec, please tell me what a meat fast is, maybe its something we can all try.

I take the oil, haven't noticed a drop in weight yet, but I feel great!
  #34   ^
Old Fri, May-21-04, 00:04

The meat fast is really simple. You can only eat unprocessed meats for three days to however long you feel comfortable. Means no bacon or ham. Just steaks and chicken breasts.. stuff like that. You do have to drink A LOT of water to ensure proper kidney function. I've been drinking 100oz/day. You can't use spices much. Only a little salt and pepper and up to a teaspoon of onion or garlic powder a day. I also incorporate a little eggs into it to make it a little more interesting, but I'm not bored with it yet.

You have to ensure that you get a minimum of 1500 calories a day, and you can use butter or oil on the meat to help you get that amount of calories. I know a lot of people have had a lot of luck with this.
  #35   ^
Old Fri, May-21-04, 22:40

Stats: 221/200/121 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 21%

missaec, Thanks for the info. Sounds like your having fantastic results, so I think I'll give it a try starting Monday, depends on if I get to the grocery store or not. I'm assuming, but are still getting your veggies in?
  #36   ^
Old Fri, May-21-04, 23:15

No. Just meat for the three days that I'm on it. No veggies
  #37   ^
Old Sat, May-22-04, 10:33
SanePsychoSuprGodess

Stats: 205/191/115 Female 5' 1"
BF:46%/41%/20%
Progress: 16%
Default Oil of Oregano under the tongue worked for me...

I just started taking it today -- the drops. The guy at GNC (the only place I could find it) said NOT to put it INTO drink and then swallow because the oil would float on top and then adhere to the sides of the galss/cup I wouldn't get the full dose. He said to put the drops under my tongue and then chase that with whatever I wanted to drink. That was coffe for me today. I had much luck with that method -- I hardly smelled or tasted the oregano. And now an hour later there is still no lingering taste or smell.

I will report back about how it works. I have long suspected that I have yeast (did the spit test a while back) and I hope that I can remove that stall factor.

Ciao for now!
  #38   ^
Old Sat, May-22-04, 11:13

I put it on top of my water. Just a small amount of water and I wait for the drop to float to where I can make sure to drink it really fast without it getting stuck to the side of the glass. And if it does, I just pour a bunch of water in it and drink it until it looks gone. Works for me! Plus it gets some of my water drinking in for the day.
  #39   ^
Old Sun, Jun-13-04, 03:16

Stats: 432/370/220 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 29%

For once the GNC people are right....Under the tounge...Take your dropper...I messed with mine so I know how much 4 drops is in the tube...Squirt it under your tounge...leave it there for a little while....Take a mouthfull of water swish it around and swallow...some is absorbed directly into your system the rest goes thu your digestive system...taste and smell lasts about 10-15 mins at most....I do this twice a day...not realy doing it for weight loss...Trying to help my Kidneys and Swollen feet...seems to be helping....Big John
  #40   ^
Old Mon, Jun-14-04, 12:24

Stats: 246.8/241.3/175 Female 5'7
BF:WAY TOO MUCH
Progress: 8%

Is the gel cap filled with liquid or oregano leaf? I take cap's filled with oregano leaf.... sounds like the oil is more potent...I wrote up a blurb under the thread name Oregamax vs OOO. When I am done with them I will buy the oil and use the dropper method.
  #41   ^
Old Mon, Jun-14-04, 14:02

Plan: LC/Shangri-La
Stats: 157.5/141/120 Female 5 ft. 1 in.
BF:?
Progress: 44%

I ordered the liquid from ebay for $10...........It hasn't done much for weight loss except for a couple of lbs(I've been taking it for 2 weeks) My energy level is way up however. I guess it affects us all differently.
  #42   ^
Old Tue, Jun-15-04, 08:41
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/272.0/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%

I take the liquid OoO. The directions on mine say to take 4 drops twice a day. I had incredible energy last week for which I was grateful because it was my busiest week and I had a lot to do. Most days last week I lost a half pound daily, but of course, I had just returned to induction as well.

I put the drops under my toungue, I can feel them and then take a big swig of water or three to wash it down with. Sometimes I accidentaly get 5 drops.

I started taking Relacore this week, my second week of OoO and I don't have the energy burst that I did have last week and the scale has gone up a few pounds. I have been exercising so maybe some of it is muscle. I have lost a few inches and gained a few inches in other places.

Beth
  #43   ^
Old Thu, Jun-17-04, 09:37

Plan: PP
Stats: 149.5/140.5/125 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 37%
Talking Got my whoosh! Woohoo!

Last night I was seriously reading about candida and deciding to give up cheese altogether (which would be hell, since I'm a vegetarian and already can't stand the sight of eggs; what would I do w/o cheese?). The reason was that after losing 3 lbs. in 3 days on induction, I hadn't lost any more for 6 days! Grrr! And I have a lot of the symptoms, like fogginess, mood swings, muscle aches, swollen joints, sugar/alcohol cravings, etc.

Anyway, I started taking OoO about 5 days ago. I took one capsule (45 mg oreg. in base of olive oil) with no result. Two days ago I upped it to two capsules and had an *interesting* night mostly in the bathroom. I was sure the scale would show something, but NO! So I took my two capsules again yesterday and, lo and behold this morning: 2 pounds down. Aaaah! That's more like it!

Still going to take care of the candida thing (I guess that's what the OoO helps with).
  #44   ^
Old Wed, Jun-23-04, 00:45

Plan: Whatever works
Stats: 300.5/200/135 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 61%
Lightbulb

When I took oil of oregano capsules...it was, among a couple other supplements, to help kill off my "yeastie bugs"....and along with the OoO (as well as my caprylic acid) came a warning that I might experience various symptoms (different in every person) commonly called a "die-off" reaction. In other words, if you have a candida infection, certain supplements can be used to help kill off the bad stuff....and sometimes the liver can get a bit overloaded with the toxins....and a person can get really sick for awhile....even a couple weeks or more....then, as the body clears up, the ill feeling goes away.

I was reminded of this when triplemom told of getting quite ill after taking the oregano. Yes...other people (including yours truly) have experienced reactions to the oregano....and I can't speak for yours, triplemom....but mine...and those of many others....were due to candida "die-off".
  #45   ^
Old Thu, Jun-24-04, 11:21

Stats: 159/141.7/130 Female 5'7"
BF: LOTS!
Progress: 60%

The negative results of OoO -- can they hit you after a week??

I felt perfectly okay the first week on them, now I feel very tired and somewhat queasy -- I really don't think I have a "bug", no other symptoms, wondering if this could be related to OoO???? I'm not aware of any candida problems, but who knows what could be "lurking" inside of me -- I do carry a lot of belly bloat....

And I picked up about 3 pounds since I started, but I think the weight gain has maxed out -- I was down 1/2 pound today (still have a 2.5 gain!) -- what is the timing like for those who first gain, then eventually lose?

Thanks!