Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Best Of
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Thu, Aug-09-07, 11:29
Registered Member

Plan: none
Stats: 150/120/100 Female 5 ft
BF:
Progress: 60%

Jschwab, Thanks for your kind words. Am glad you are OK, maybe justifiably taxed with keeping up with 3 little ones. Sounds like you have a wonderful life and are already helping a lot of people who are blessed to know you.

They do eventually get older. And I'm not sure which is worse the "terrible twos" or when they become teenagers. Noted a number of similarities in the behavior patterns. Never dull.

Has any "expert" ever calculated the amount of exercise a mom with 3 todlers must get in a day? LOL I doubt they'd even know where to begin.

You are to be admired for the big job that you do every day as a mother of three. Don't let anyone ever underestimate your worth because you certanly are a very special Mom.

Over the years, I've known of busy Moms who get up 20 minutes early (before the children are awake) to have a cup of really nice tea and a moment to themselves. Maybe reading the newspaper or listening to nice music while fixing the lunches or something like enjoying reading a brief daily inspirational thought.

Maybe taking the kids to a favorite park to blow bubbles or fly kites or feed the ducks, IF you enjoy it too. Something for Moms to help nourish the inner soul, even if it's only a couple times a month. It helps.

Other Moms keep a diary, take a bubble bath once a week, or maybe buy a special flavor diet drink to savor while watching a funny movie at home. Nothing grand, just a little something weekly or monthly. a well-deserved self-nurturing moment now and then that helps renew the mind and spirit.
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Sat, Aug-11-07, 21:16

Plan: atkins
Stats: 335/245/200 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 67%

This may sound strange but one of the greatest pleasures for me when I lost quite a bit of weight was not having to use the handicap stall in restaraunts or stores! Before I couldn't fit comfortably in the regular stalls and now I can. Sometimes I forget and use the bigger one then think about it and just start grinning at myself!
  #63   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-07, 07:50
Registered Member

BF:

Used to only be able to sit at the tables with chairs at restaurants. Now I can sit at a booth if I want to.

Last week I got tired of having to step on, step off, step on, step off, and take an average on our old worn-out spring scales. So I finally on Thursday nt., 30 August 2007, I bought a new digital scales.

Weighed in and got a shock. The old scale showed I weighed 237, and the new scale (the same time & day) showed I weighed 247. A 10 pound increase. You better believe it was disheartening but eventually decided that the digital scale MUST be more accurate. So that's my new reality weight-wise.

Started using FITDAY on Saturday, 1 Sept 2007. Keeping better tabs, more accurate tabs on exactly what I was eating. And I was delighted on Labor Day Monday, 3 Sept 2007, to see a 4 pound loss on my new digital scale. Down from 247 to 243. WOO-HOO!!

Stayed the same on Tuesday, 4 Sept. Then this morning, Wednesday, 5 Sept 2007, my new digital scale showed I had lost another pound. From 243 down to 242! I love it!!

It is so satisfying to break the stall I had been on. Quit drinking aspartame (NutraSweet) diet drinks and started tracking everything I eat, better now using FITDAY. Am encouraged again. Nothing like some success to get a boost in the arm. That, and a little encouragement from my LC friends. Thanks everyone!
  #64   ^
Old Fri, Sep-07-07, 08:22
Registered Member

BF:

Today (Sept.7th) I was down one more pound to 241 on the digital scale. WOO-HOO! That's from 247 on Sept.1st to 241 on Sept.7th (today). That's 6 lbs. off in one week according to the digital scale! No more stall for me.

How did I do that? Quit drinking aspartame diet drinks, got back to drinking more water, and ate less fatty, sugary breakfast meats that had carbs. And I finally listened to several LC friends who encouraged me to use FITDAY. Took me a little while to figure it out, but now it's easy. Using FITDAY is much more accurate than my own previous tracking. There were hidden carbs in several food items and I was eating way too many overall calories to be able to lose wt.

FITDAY system helps me to have a tighter overview of what I eat each day with regard to calories/actual carbs/fat grams/protein grams. It keeps you more honest when you have to type every item in, amount-wise, etc. I love it. And I love the 6 pound loss I've had this week (Sept.1st to Sept.7th).

No more worrying about possibly breaking friends & relatives chairs for me!

Last edited by Linda85 : Sat, Sep-08-07 at 05:09. Reason: clarification
  #65   ^
Old Wed, Nov-14-07, 01:43
Registered Member

Plan: my own
Stats: 240/160/160 Male 69 inches
BF:
Progress:

I haven't read all the posts here so I do not know if any man has touched on it.
After losing 80 pounds, the first major improvement I noticed was how much I improved in sexual performance. Sorry to have my mind in the gutter(okay not really, but I'm really not trying to offend), but it is an undeniable improvement that needs to be mentioned. Being much slimmer has made a huge difference.
Perhaps even better was my attitude and outlook on life. Simply by accomplishing this weight loss, my attitude and motivation has skyrocketed. I have improved in my social life and my earnings potential is going on the upswing.
  #66   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-08, 03:44

Plan: m&e only
Stats: 203/175/150 Female 5, 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

I absolutely loved reading this thread! It was sooo inspirational and I cant wait to be able to post here one day soon!
  #67   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-08, 17:14

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Thanks for reading it and bumping it up. A few posts ago I noted that I
'd lost 55 pounds and maybe another 50 would make a big difference and I am there! I've lost over 100 pounds - seeing this old thread makes me realize how sticking to a stated goal really does work.

Janine
  #68   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-08, 17:47

Plan: My own (based on a compil
Stats: 333/260/224 Male 73 ins
BF:
Progress: 67%

This is a great thread. It's the first time I've seen it, as I don't look in often nowadays.

Congratulations on starting it up, and to all those inspirational low carbers who have posted encouraging contributions - this is exactly what people want to read at almost any point on their weight-loss journey.

Well done, and thanks.
  #69   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-08, 12:32
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/129/130 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 101%
Cool

I am 2.5 pounds away from my 100 pounds loss. And 12.5 from goal.

I was prediabetic and depressed when I started low carbing. I am now healthy, slimmer, and most definitely happier. I turfed out the old fat clothes a month ago. I used to keep them around but this time it feels different. The nurse at my GP congratulated me on my loss. That felt good. I saw my sister a week ago and she said nothing. She's never had weight problems.

I love the energy and the confidence I have now. I sleep better. I was afraid of dying in my sleep which was my wake up call.

I am waiting to reach goal before posting photos.

Blessings.
  #70   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-08, 16:43

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix_thec

I was prediabetic and depressed when I started low carbing. I am now healthy, slimmer, and most definitely happier. I turfed out the old fat clothes a month ago. I used to keep them around but this time it feels different. The nurse at my GP congratulated me on my loss. That felt good. I saw my sister a week ago and she said nothing. She's never had weight problems.

I love the energy and the confidence I have now. I sleep better. I was afraid of dying in my sleep which was my wake up call.

Blessings.

Congratulations!
  #71   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-08, 19:06

Stats: 231/188/165 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix_thec

Blessings.

Well, since you didn't hear it from your sister, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

That is amazing and I am giddy for you! You are an inspiration and I am so happy for you!

Sincerely
Pasque
  #72   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-08, 21:24
Registered Member

BF:
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschwab
Congratulations!

Thanks I appreciate it.
  #73   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-08, 21:26
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasque
Well, since you didn't hear it from your sister, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

That is amazing and I am giddy for you! You are an inspiration and I am so happy for you!

Sincerely
Pasque

Hi Pasque,
You've made my day! Thanks so much.
  #74   ^
Old Sun, Dec-21-08, 00:24

Stats: 425/343/225 Male 5'10in
BF:
Progress: 41%

I've lost 50 pounds in 10 weeks so far only about 120 to go!!!!

I lost 33 prior to this but just started keeping track for the last 10 weeks! We were doing the biggest loser at work and are starting again in Jan 09
  #75   ^
Old Sun, Dec-21-08, 00:52

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sithurston
I've lost 50 pounds in 10 weeks so far only about 120 to go!!!!

I lost 33 prior to this but just started keeping track for the last 10 weeks! We were doing the biggest loser at work and are starting again in Jan 09

COngratulations - you're doing so well!