Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 05:30

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default Protein Power Pals - Monday - Feb 23

Welcome to the Protein Power Pals daily thread. All are welcome that are using, considering or curious about this WOE. We also welcome friends using other LC WOEs to drop by for some friendly conversation and a large glass of water.

My menu yesterday was pretty good - a bit higher in fat than I like and bit low on protein for a hiking day (forgot about the Hardee burgers not being a good source of protein). Will add extra protein today for muscles to use in rebuilding themselves.

BTW, still no answer from Hardees why their burgers contain almost 30% less protein and over 30% more fat than regular ground beef and what the ingredient listed on their web site is - something called "whirl oil".

Still watching my calorie per pound intake to try to drop another 5 lbs or so by about March 15. Weight today is at 176. Imagine it will drop quickly when I get back into ketosis (I'm still retaining water from Saturday's eating). Calories per pound 1658 / 176 = 9.42 (aiming for around 8 to 9.5).

Did another 5 mile hike yesterday - no thrilling destination this time - a bike trail in Knoxville - one side of this park has some challenging trails up and down 400 - 500' ridges that bikers rarely use -- these are perfect for doing my strength and endurance training for the hiking season. The only downside - the parking area for these trails is well-known for being a place to buy drugs, connect for gay sex or buy a male prostitute - it wasn't too bad when we went in, but we finished around twilight... there was a traffic jam in the parking area as the gentleman cruise around checking each other out. It was a bit disconcerting to hubby to be getting checked out - however, he got over that when one gentleman complimented me on doing drag really well - my hubby could hardly walk because he was laughing so hard.

Total calories: 1685
Fat: 114 gms 1027 cal 63%
Sat: 36 gms 325 cal 20%
Poly: 30 gms 272 cal 17%
Mono: 42 gms 377 cal 23%
Carbs: 42 gms 116 cal 7% ECC: 31 gms
Fiber: 13 gms 0 cal 0%
Protein: 124 gms 496 cal 30%

Breakfast:
4 egg-beater omlet with 2 ozs lean ham and 1 oz cheddar
Breakfast drink - 8 ozs water, 1 envelope sf gelatine, 1 scoop sf orange citrucel
30 ozs coffee (regular, brewed)

Lunch:
Hardee 1/3 pound LC burger - no pickle or mustard

Snack: 1.5 oz mixed nuts

Dinner:
3 medium chicken thighs - fried - no breading
1.5 cup green beans lightly buttered
1 cup broccoli with 1 oz Velveeta

About 80 ozs water & 30 ozs coffee
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 06:04

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 450/348/225 Male 72 inches
BF:UGH!
Progress: 45%

Good morning Everyone!
Started today off with cottage cheese with some nuked pepperoni stirred in & a protein shake chaser

Orang..as for yesterday's hiking finale.. LOL!!!!!!
I guess we can add that to your list of accomplishments!!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 06:25

Plan: my own lc
Stats: 211/155/140 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 79%

Orang-Too funny! My husband and next door neighbor thought they had found a great new fishing place until they found out that it was the local hangout for guys cruising for each other. They havent been back since.

Yesterday was a good day on program-lost 1 pound finally!!

Back to lurking
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 07:59
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

Orang-I am glad you were able to get another hike in this weekend! Wow girl! :: grins about the drag thing::: Of course you do it well! Hard to impersonate the real deal.. lmao!!!

WTG eight on the weight loss...

Off to the Dr's.. still no weight loss ..my scales, on the naked side said 224, dressed and after a glass of water, 226..lets see what his says.. I have 9 questions written out for his attention!

Love and Laughter,
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 10:14

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Good morning I am sore today!! Yoga should be a blast tonight I did well this weekend though Saturday I ate a few things that probably weren't the best choice but I was out and did the best I could.

Saturday :
B - 1 egg scrambled, w 1 TBS SF ketchup , 3 slices crisp bacon, 3 cups coffee w/H&H splenda

Gym - 40 minutes eliptical training, abs, weight training arms

S - 1 egg smushed w/tsp mircle whip lite

Movies - 1 bag pepperoni bites (not very good), 1 serving hot & spicy peanuts (hard to eat more as they are very spicy), 16 oz diet coke

D - IHOP - steak omlette minus the hash browns ate half and picked out the steak

Sunday
B - 2 eggs over easy in 1 tsp butter, 3 oz lean ham, 3 cups coffee w/H&H splenda

L1 - 1 chicken thigh baked
L2 - 2 eggs smushed w/2tsp miricle whip lite

D - 1 1/2 baked pork chops coated w/seasoned almond flour, 1.5 cups salad greens w/2 TBS lite ranch dressing

S - orange sf jello w/whipped cream
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 11:17

Plan: Protein Power Lifeplan; D
Stats: 197.0/162.0/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default Whirl Oil

I found this at http://www.brookes.ac.uk/brookes/review/five.html

In a Whirl with Procter and Gamble

It's not butter...it's better!

That's the catchy advertising slogan for Procter & Gamble's Whirl, a butter-flavoured oil for caterers which Oxford Brookes has been helping to test and market since 1988 as part of its wide ranging programme of industrial consultancy.

The University's School of Hotel & Catering Management was invited to develop recipes for Procter & Gamble's first recipe book, reflecting Whirl's versality in catering applications. The resulting dishes were tested by sensory analysts and nutritionists in the University's state-of-the-art kitchens, and the successful ones featured in the book.

The collaboration did not stop there; Oxford Brookes continues to produce themed sets of recipes every six months, to add to the new and expanding Whirl recipe binder for caterers.

"This project is about teamwork at its best," says Greg Forbes of Procter & Gamble. "By working in the kitchen with Oxford Brookes' professional chefs and nutritionists, we have produced a highly distinctive presentation which talks to chefs in their own language." Oxford Brookes is currently helping Procter & Gamble to assess its latest products for the catering industry, conducting exhaustive taste and handling tests, and comparing them with competing brands.

Doesn't say what oil it's made from, though.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 11:43

Plan: ALOT of salads,veggies ec
Stats: 180/160/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 50%

Good almost afternoon!
This was a LONG weekend but we have our daughter all moved!! She finally heard from her husband, he said that they "plan" on letting him come back this week! I hope that they will! She has her hands full with our grandbaby and #2 due in July!

Speaking of #2, I had gained a pound the other week and put ON another! OH WAIT A MINUTE, We are supposed to be LOSING! I tell you what sometimes I do not think that I will EVER get to visit the 130's!! But it is my own fault, to much sf chocolates and calories! I skipped out on going to Walmart the other day, I have GOT to quit having this stuff on hand at the house! I think I am going to do the lc - the body wieght thing! I can sit all day and blame it on stress, but I am the one who is handling it wrong by eating the wrong things! Oh if it was like smoking ect.. that you just would not ever do instead of something that you have to deal with all day long!
Orang, That was a riot! It sounds like an interesting area! WTG on the hiking!

Rob, what no snotty flax to add to your pepperoni?

Ellie, It sounds like you caught the workout bug from Elaine! Your sore muscles will soon be firm and sculpted! WTG!!!!!

Eight, on the loss, keep us posted on how you are doing!!!

Dawn, Good luck at the docs, you will have to fill us in on your info from him!

Elaine, IT is almost noon and we have not heard from you! I NEED MY ELAINE REPORT!

P.S., thanks for your info, our group always welcomes it! I had not heard usage of the word whirl used for butter before!

Bawdy, LOVE the kitty pics!! If I ever get my photos loaded and photo island all figured out I will set you all have a peek at my babies!

I need to get to going!
HELLO to everyone else here!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 11:44

Plan: ALOT of salads,veggies ec
Stats: 180/160/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 50%

OH, btw, Has anyone heard anything from Meg????

PRAYERS FOR YOU MEG!!!!
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 11:47
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hi there Pine Slayer! Thanks for the info.. worth looking into.. I see you are from Central Square!! HOW cool is that.. ( very you say this winter!) I am from Northern NY in a small county called Lewis.. Lowville/Boonville area...and had some friends we used to go see in Central Square quite frequently. I migrated to GA nearly 6 years ago now!

Ok.. Folksies.. I am feeling much more encouraged after going to see my Dr.!!

He thinks I am doing just awesome, my blood sugars have improved DRAMATICALLY, if you are curious I have listed them out on my last journal entry. It is cool to see the averages spelled out and see the improvement. He decreased both doses of insulin yet one more time, I am barely taking ANY. (5 and 8 ..WAS 18/22!!) He said, that it [IS] the insulin injections that is holding my weight loss progress back, and not to worry, that I will be off of insulin within a month if not sooner!

He encouraged me to walk EVERY day.. that is where I need the motivating! Like today.. I could have went, but here I sit, typing away!! I normally take Mondays off, but have 2 clients scheduled this afternoon, cause I thought I was taking Saturday off...

Ok, I am going to make some Turkey Taco Salad for my lunch.. have a great day!
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 11:58

Plan: Protein Power Lifeplan; D
Stats: 197.0/162.0/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Hi Dawn!

We've been to Lowville & Boonville. We used to live in a town near the Oswego/Jefferson County border, Sandy Creek. We moved to Central Square to get out of the snow belt!!! What a joke! The snow is above my window sills and the cold has been astounding. You must be really enjoying Georgia!

So it makes me even more impressed that I have been able to start lc again for diabetes t2. I've had lots of lamps in my living room for the past few weeks and I think that has helped.

Looking forward to being a part of this great group again!
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 12:42

BF:
Progress:

Dawn - Great news! I bet once your injections are over the weight will just fall off

Orang - LOL....you had an interesting weekend You are getting great exercise with much better scenery that I get at the gym

Rob - what can I say?

Shelly - I know exactly how you feel, I did the same thing. Maybe try re-inducting to get back on track. Glad you got your daughter moved

Pine - Thanks for the info

Elaine, Bawdy....where are you this morning?

Meg - Praying for you and hoping you join us again soon.

to everyone!
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 12:42

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

The post-noon Elaine report for Shelly . And how IS Granny today?
Sorry, was super busy at work this AM.

OK, the d&*m scale at work said 3 pounds up to 232!! But then some other people said they were 3 up too and two others said they lost. I was within PP and WW boundaries all weekend and KNOW I didn't gain 3 lbs! I am not bloaty and my measurements are down. So I am going to keep doing that but will weight at home too. My wakeup weight in the buff was 222. So there! I hate when I'm right and can't prove it

Orang, you're lucky none of US has photoshop, heehee. Whirl oil? Sounds wonderful (I just had to use that smilie, heehee)
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 12:45

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

hello all...bye all
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 16:32

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

hello fellow PP friends!!!

had a good weekend. i am now enjoying my monday off. i love haveing one day to myself, the kids are at school, the bf is at work.....

went to the gym today. i am noticing i am getting stronger. i keep a small notepad with me and it is fun to look back and see how the weights have increased.

changed the oil in my car. i know, what a not-so-lady-like thing to do. i can't help it, jiffy lube and all those places charge you an arm and a leg. plus i have been raised to be pretty self sufficent and a daddy's girl so i am not your normal "lady" to begin with. not to mention i work in a predominately male field. i am just realizing you all probably don't even know what i do. i am a fisheries biologist, conduct research/monotoring activities with white sturgeon. and that is also where my name comes from Acipenser transmontanus=White Sturgeon.

ok, enough about me. how are all of you.

dawn--congrats on the good doc visit. must be encouraging to be doing so well, and have such noticable results. i think it is time for me to get a check-up.

meg--thinking abut you

rob--i may have to try some of that cottage cheese pepperoni stuff. i already tried the snotty muffins...they were good.

big hello to everyone else!!!!
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 17:05

BF:
Progress:

I am having a tough time today! Though I have contolled it, I have felt hungry all day. I have also been tortured my the smell of something baking with cinnamon all day. I am trying to gear myself up for Yoga