Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Main dishes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 10:19
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%
Default Stir Fry with Peanut Sauce

I was inspired to stir fry the other night. I used to make a stir fry decades ago that had a peanut sauce. I don't think I have the recipe any longer, so I invented my own peanut sauce using what I had on hand.

If you like hard and fast recipes, you'll hate mine. I cook using whatever I have on hand and seldom measure. So be sure to taste as you go!

Peanut sauce

- About 1/3 cup of peanut butter (the kind with just oil and peanuts)
- 2-3 T. of soy sauce (to taste)
- Splenda or other sweetner to be roughly 1 T of sugar
1/3 - 1/2 half and half or coconut milk

Optional

- Seasame oil
- Hot, spicy asian sauce such as Sirachi Sauce

Mix the sauce ingredients until they reach a thick liquid state. You don't want it too thin, because it'll thin down in the actual fry process quite a bit.

You can add in the spicy stuff to taste, or wait until later. Or skip it altogether. Me... I put it in the sauce, then add more while I'm stir frying!

Stir Fry

here's veggies I commonly use: Onions, garlic, red cabbage, red bell peppers, zucchini

I use cut up chicken breasts, cutting the pieces smallish so they cook quickly, but not too small because I'm lazy.

I stir fry some garlic and onions for a bit, don't want to over cook the onion everything should be nice and crunchy. Then I toss in chicken and veggies, but I put in the quicker cooking veggies last so they don't get over cooked. Stir fry until the chicken is cooked. Pour the peanut sauce over the top and continue to fry until it is well distributed.

Serve the stir fry either by itself, on top of some microwaved shredded cabbage, on top of steamed broccoli or cauliflower. Add extra soy sauce if it needs it.

About 11g carbs, 3 dietary fiber using about 6 cups of veggies and 4 chicken breasts.

Last edited by Nancy LC : Tue, Jan-27-04 at 10:20.
Sponsored Links