Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Bread & Baked Goods
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 09:41

Plan: Atkins / Isagenix/ IF
Stats: 282.5/210/160 Female 5'7
BF:71%/31.66%/20%
Progress: 59%
Default Garlic Knots

I have been working on a LC recipe for my family's secret Garlic Knot recipe. It's pretty darn close.

Garlic Sauce
5 cloves garlic minced very fine (I use a food processor)
3 tbs olive oil
3 tbs other type of oil (I use corn)
3 tbs of both fine ground Ramano and Parmesean Cheese
-Mix everything but the cheese together and let sit.

Dough
2 tbs cold water
1/4 cup hot water
1 tbs olive oil
1 package instant rise yeast (yellow packet)
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup whey powder or soy
2 tbs almond flour
4 tbs wheat bran
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbs whey powder for rolling the dough

Combine cold water, boiling water, and olive oil in a small bowl. Add the yeast and stir. Wait 5 minutes for the yeast to activate. Meanwhile mix all other ingredients (EXCEPT for the rolling whey) in a large bowl. Make a well out of this and pour the yeast mixure in it. Mix this all together with a fork until it is mostly absorbed. Mix the rest of the dough with your hands until it is smooth. If too wet add more Whey - too dry add more water. Let the dough rise to double it's size (about 20 min) in a warm place. Next, put the rolling whey on a counter or cutting board and place dough on the surface. Roll out into a rectangle about 1-1.5 inches thick. With a pizza cutter or sharp knife cut the dough into 1.5 inch wide and 4 inch long strips. Tie those strips into knots. Place on a cookie tray and let rise until oven is preheated to 400. Place trays into oven and cook until just golden about 15 min in most ovens. Remove and put in a bowl. Take garlic sauce and coat. Toss cheeses over that. Enjoy!

Last edited by csolyn : Thu, Jan-08-04 at 09:58.
Sponsored Links