Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 13:58

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

A big HELLO! to all the new faces!

Lissette, my appointment with the new hairstylist is on January 28. I wanted to let my hair grow out more so that she has enough to work with. And guess what. Suddenly, it's doing everything I want, is looking perfect, and people keep complimenting me! Oh well, I'll still go in on the 28th.

Blu, everyone has their opinion on water. I know that the Eades recommend water/fluid. I just don't believe that there's any specific amount that a body truly needs. But that's just my humble opinion.

Elaine, love the song!

Keith, the beauty of PP is that there really are no hard-and-fast rules, other than to get your minimum protein and spread your carbs through the day. It's just a thought, but when I eat more cleanly -- that is, no processed or Frankenfoods -- I do better. I lose weight more quickly, and I don't get cravings. Others can eat processed food day in and day out and not have a problem. We all be different!

Charran, yes, I've "got stupid" several times in the past, as you can see from my signature. Ask any questions you like. We'll try to answer as best we can. Just remember that we can tell you what some books say and we can tell you our opinion. We will NOT, however, tell you that you must do this or you must do that or you won't be successful. The core group of us came from a place that did just that. They'd preach and yell. We didn't like that. Since coming here, we've all started being more successful in our practices.

We're a fun group. I hope you like it here!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 15:27
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 280/280/212 Male 6.0
BF:
Progress:

Yeah, I really do like the cleaner WOE, when I was eating all the junk I felt awful all the time, now I feel more energetic. Amazingly my sugar craving haven't been that bad the past few days, but I still have a big, big appetite. So when I eat I tend to want to eat a lot. Part of the problem is that I don't have the mind to shop ahead so I have plenty of stuff on hand.

This is what I am thinking about shopping ahead
as much sirloin steaks, chicken breast, ground beef, and sausage that I can buy
buy it all bulk, split it up into single servings then freeze it. Cook plenty ahead of time, and cook extra to refridgerate it.
five dozen eggs hard boil about 1/2 of them
a big thiing of iced tea mix (another thing I like is plain club soda, it's an acquired taste though)
and have lots of cold water on hand

That is what I am thinking I should do, then I wouldn't be having to run to the store all the time and nickel and dime myself broke trying to feed myself this way.

See you have to put yourself in my shoes, I am a single guy living alone. It's is sooooo much easier to buy all the junk food. and eat to my hearts content on mac and cheese, canned chili, top ramen and the all time bachelor favorite pizza, than too cook. I just have to relearn how to feed myself thats all
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 15:39

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Keith, I applaud you for your efforts! You say you have a big appetite, but on your menu you're only eating three times a day. Why no snacks?

It's a good idea to eat every couple hours to keep your metabolism (and insulin) on an even keel. By eating snacks, you don't let yourself get so hungry and you tend to not even give yourself time to have cravings.

I once heard someone describe it as "make your meals like large snacks, and your snacks like small meals."

How about trying a few snacks?

I do know what it's like to be single. DH travels a lot, so I'm a bachelorette a lot of the times. There's just 2 of us (at most), yet I always bake 6 or 8 chicken breasts. Tonight we're having pork tenderloin, but I'm making 2 so that there's plenty left over.

Great minds think alike!
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 17:16

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BawdyWench
A big HELLO! to all the new faces!

Blu, everyone has their opinion on water. I know that the Eades recommend water/fluid. I just don't believe that there's any specific amount that a body truly needs. But that's just my humble opinion.

We're a fun group. I hope you like it here!

I agree with you! I have decided to listen to my body, if it's thristy I'll drink the water.

I appreciate all the advice and suggestions...Thanks everyone.
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 17:51

Plan: ALOT of salads,veggies ec
Stats: 180/160/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissette
Afternoon all!

Robin, thanks for starting the thread today!

OOPS!! When I had quickly scrolled back I had thought that it was Robin instead of you Unity! Sorry!
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 17:56

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 255/230/140 Female 5'6
BF:63%
Progress: 22%

Just got back from the store, and I got some Diet Rite cola (it has splenda in it!!) It tastes great!! Granted, not as carbonated as my Pepsi is, but it is hard to tell it is diet. I also got the white grape......hopefully it will taste ok I also got some other goodies to hopefully spice up my diet a bit.

I also picked up some supplements today.....the Atkins basic 3, Atkins essential oils, and some glucosamine/chondroitin sulfate for my tendonitis. Hopefully they will work!! The guy at the Vitamine Shoppe was rather rude though.....they are so brainwashed that their brand is the "only" brand that works, he was somewhat downing the Atkins brand, even though I have heard nothing but good thing about it. Oh well......we shall see But in the future I think I may just order from Netrition or something.

Robin
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 19:47

Plan: my own
Stats: 253/176.0/153 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

Thank-you very much Lissette and Bawdy for the warm welcome! A big hello to everyone!!!!! I am madly reading the PP book and find that I really have forgotten alot so its a good thing that I decided to refresh myself on this. Sometimes I wished I lived in the States. You seem to have many products that we can't get here! Our stores here have very limited low carb products and the ones that they do have...well...lets just say I'd need to take out a second mortgage on the house to be able to afford any of them. So I guess I'll just have to make do with what is available. I'm getting excited about starting and trying to remember some of the things that caused my downfall last time so that I can take steps to avoid them in the future. Take care everyone!
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 20:35

Stats: 450/348/225 Male 72 inches
BF:UGH!
Progress: 45%

Hello Everone!!
Just a quick stop...
Bawdy- Today's menu...

breakfast: 3 egg omlette W/ 20z of ham. 2 oz cheese, 1 oz roast beef
followed by some designer whey protein pwder shake

snack- meat stick (slim jim knock-off) & some pork rinds

Lunch- Wendy's classic triple w/ cheese( no ketchup or bun)

Dinner-Pork chops & salad
Well that's enough typing--wrist still hurts,,back tomorrow!!

#24   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 21:38

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Welcome Char Wow, so many new faces in one day! Lets see if I got it right, SmoothBlu (SB for short), Mark, and Char...did I miss anyone?

Lissette - How do you "roll on the basketball" ?? I am not quite getting the visual but would love to try. DD got a new basketball for Xmas...why not put it to good use

Elaine - Great poem! How are you doing this week?

Unity - Thanks for starting the thread.

Keith - I agree, you need more snacks or maybe for you it would be better to have 5-6 small meals instead of three big ones. I do this in the morning, I divide breakfast into two parts. One a 6:30 and one at 9:00. I also always have a afternoon snack, especially on gym days. My biggest problem is in evening, I am a nocturnal eater

Did pretty good today. I had an awesome workout, energy so good it was scary. I didn't really feel to well either so it was a surprise. I did 27 minutes on the eliptical machine that is kinda like a stair stepper, there are no arms on it. I started out pretty fast, I was running on it! I thought to myself, ok...keep this up and you will dead in 5 minutes but I kept the same pace for a full 25 mintues and then did 2 minute cool down. My menu for today was:

B1 - 1/2 rasin bagel w/1 TBS cream cheese , coffee
B2 - 6 oz ff yogurt, 1/4 cup Fiber One cereal, coffee
Lunch - Pizza (1 plain atkins bagel toasted, SF pizza sauce, pizza cheese, pepperoni) large salad w.lite dressing
Snack - 1/2 carbwise protein bar
Dinner - rotesserie chicken (I think I ate half of it ), mixed veggies in cheese sauce
Dessert - 1/2 cup SF ice cream
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 23:39
Registered Member

Stats: 280/280/212 Male 6.0
BF:
Progress:
Lightbulb

well those are all great points, and I am going to pull out my PP lifeplan hardcover, and re-read, just to refresh myself.

I am not great at cooking for myself, I have had much experience cooking for large groups which is why I am thinking along the lines of buying and cooking in bulk

I hate to waste food and when I try to cook three times a day i get tired of it, and think ah heck, forget all this. So I just need to apply myself. I do nothing on my weekends anyway right now.

I hope everyone understands why I am candid, I am trying to be as transparent as possible, because I want to follow through on this.

I am trying to start a weight training, but because of the snow and ice, Bally's will have to wait till saturday now. Thanks for all the support.

Last edited by Keithvb : Thu, Jan-08-04 at 23:46.