Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 18:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/194/140 Female 5'6
BF:Lose 50 in 2004
Progress: 46%

Just checking in! I go to Curves on M, W, and F, so I'm going to use that scale to weigh in on. I'm going to do my New Years weigh in tomorrow and take my measurements for the 2004 Lose 50 challenge! I've been back on program since 12/26 after a brief hiatus for Christmas, so I might be back down to my last posted weight, I hope. Although I'm not going to do induction or KISS, starting on Jan. 1, I'm going to really pay careful attention to limit my cheese and nuts. I also do not keep a food journal, and I'm going to start tracking for this challenge, too.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 19:02

Stats: 207.5/195.5/105 Female 61.5 inches
BF:38/35.8/20
Progress: 12%
Thumbs up

I'm new to LCing, started induction on Friday, and would love to join in. I have more than 50lb to go, but would be thrilled if I could lose that much in 2004. I started a few days early so I wouldn't be too stressed about beginning a new diet in the new year, AGAIN.

Good luck to you all.

Mims
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 19:10
Living Healthy

Stats: 281.4/239.4/145 Female 5'4"
BF:imp/rov/ing
Progress: 31%

Count me in too.
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 20:20
Stay in the ZONE!!

Plan: atkins/mine
Stats: 253.5/253.5/200 Female 5'2"
BF:Losing It!
Progress: 0%

Ok so far we have in this challegne: Cheryl R, Ruby J, TAK, Golflady59, YoungGal, potatofree, surfnmom, Wenzday, jennielynn, Ernutet, CityGirl8, Mims, Katwomen.
Cheryl you started this do we want to keep a running total everyweek of how everyone does? If you don't want to keep track I can. Sounds fun and ready to start. Good Luck everyone.
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 21:13
On my way to goal

Plan: General lower carb
Stats: 220/210.4/180 Female 68 inches
BF:Top Weight = 323lb
Progress: 24%
Default Count me IN!

Hi guys. I have about 60 pounds to lose this year to make it to goal. And, dammit, I'm going to do it. So I'd like to join you guys. I'm going to start with a fresh induction on January 6th (I'll be on vacation until then ) But I look forward to sharing the - mostly - downs with you.

- Casey
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 23:24
Living LaVita LoCarb

Plan: 40% 40% 20%
Stats: 292/242/160 Female 64 inches
BF:Next mini goal 225
Progress: 38%

Wow this is great!!!!!!!
I didn't expect such an overwhelming turn out!!!! We will keep each other going.

Golflady....Please do the counting...and keep track of who's on the group. I will cover if you go on vacations or whatever!!!! I'm not good with keeping the numbers and I already have stats to keep for my youth group and my TOPS group. I hadn't though of that when I asked people to join me in the challenge.

I got a head start... I lost 2.5 pounds at my weigh in tonight.
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 23:27
Living LaVita LoCarb

Plan: 40% 40% 20%
Stats: 292/242/160 Female 64 inches
BF:Next mini goal 225
Progress: 38%

Oooops... I forgot.

to my buddy in London...

I'll be toasting you at midnight my time!!! I am going to try and limit myself to 2 galsses (whose to say how big the glasses are)

I did stick to induction 2 days in a row now!!!!...well Kind of 3... I started 4 days ago, but didn't do so great the first day and did better the 2nd day and great on 3rd and 4th day.

Cheryl R... not to be confused with Cheryl #2 LOL
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 02:05
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 177/177/127 Female 63 inches
BF:
Default WOke UP This Morning.....

Woke up this morning and read all the new posts -- how exciting to have our global challenge -- most of you are still asleep now, but its New Year's Eve in London, and I am getting pretty excited about those 50 pounds I am going to lose in 2004!
Today is day 5 without Coffee -- and I am holding on to this minor achievement to galvanise me for the real work of Induction. Its the post-Christmas sales in London, so I am going to invest in one of those hand-held blenders so i can make some comforting pureed vegetables during induction. And maybe dream over some lovely frock I can't wear now but might be able to come 2005!
Have a great New Year's Eve everyone.....

Cheryl -- I think I will make mine two glasses as well!

Ruby J.
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 03:40

Plan: what ever
Stats: 198/177/000 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default Happy New Years Eve Everyone :)

Welp I Can Honestly say, I am sooo glad to get this year over with LOL. We all have a fresh year getting ready to start WOOOYOOO. I am so up for this challange. I am not going to say it's a new years resolution, as I don't make them, LOL. I was looking at all the store ad's this morning, and yep they are full of diet products. One thing about Lc ing is I don't have to buy anything special. The only thing that is getting pricie here is eggs. I wonder if the chickens went on strike at $2.00 something a dozen

Golflady looks like you are going to be a score Keeper . Tomorrow I will jump on the scale for my offical 2004 day one weigh in. LOL and re- set my stats. Let us know how you want to work this

Everyone be safe and have a happy new years eve.

Surfnmom

Ps Cheryl R will sign surfnmom, so we don't get mixed up LOL
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 07:06

Plan: atkins
Stats: 260/250/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 10%

I'm in too. Would love to lose 50 pounds this year. I'm starting induction today. Was going to wait until tomorrow but I seem to be more and more out of control. I weighed in at 199 this morning. Up 6 pounds since Xmas Eve and I've only had a couple little cheats but I've over-done the low-carb stuff and consequently I've eaten thousands more calories than I should. Maybe some of this gain will come off quickly so I'm not going to alter my stats just yet (just too damn sad)
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 09:45

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/200/150 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress:

Hi Count me in too!!!! I used to come here RELIGIOUSLY, but then I strayed. I know we can all become best buds, and the support we will give each other will make us all BIG LOSERS (in the best possible way). More later. Have a safe New Years Eve everyone!
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 13:29

Stats: 240/194/140 Female 5'6
BF:Lose 50 in 2004
Progress: 46%

Okay, here are the 2004 "facts" for Teresa

Weight: 197 pounds

Bust: 43 inches
Waist: 40 inches
Hips: 45 inches
Thigh: 23 inches
Arm: 14 inches
Calf: 15.5 inches

My plan is to weigh in every Wednesday and do measurements once a month. I can barely imagine myself 50 pounds lighter, but I'm going to start visualizing it!

Happy New Year everyone!!!!

TAK
  #28   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 14:17
Stay in the ZONE!!

I would say tomorrow Jan. 1, 2004 everyone post their starting weight. I guess then post your weight when ever you have a weigh in and your totals will be updated. I am ready to get started. Happy New Year everyone, you are a great support system and that is what has kept me going.

I am not going to reset my stats in my profile as I want to keep track how close I get to goal, but will do it in my updates.

Good Luck
  #29   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 14:25
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 177/177/127 Female 63 inches
BF:
Default Good Idea

Good idea -- I will re-set my stats as of tomorrow morning as well. Its edging towards night here in London, and I have my teensy bottle of champagne ready to accompany me while I write my new year's resolutions. In 2003 my mother died, my father became senile, and my partner of almost 14 years left me for a woman he met again after knowing her years ago....as you might imagine, I also gained about 25 pounds (just guessing, stopped weighing myself in December 2002, when my mother began to get really ill). SO -- its good riddance to 2003's horrors and its weight!!! Every pound I lose will take me that much further away from the worst year I had...bring on 2004

Ruby J.
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 18:46
Stay in the ZONE!!

Hey does anyone know how to make us a cute little logo for our 50 pound off 2004 challenge? It would be nice to have alittle thing in our signature line to remind us ever time we are logged in what we are working for. No big deal just was wondering if someone was smarter than me to figure it out!