Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Sweet treats
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-22-03, 22:22
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default White Chocolate Cheeesecake

This was adapted from http://www.atkinsfriends.com/recipe...hnkilchee.shtml

16 ounces cream cheese -- room temp
1/2 cup White Chocoalte DaVincci
Sprinkle of stevia (about a coffee mug's worth)*
2 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract -- pure
3 egg Yolks
1 egg
2 tablespoons sour cream -- French style if you can find it (no clue what this is)

Topping:
1 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons Splenda
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract -- pure
2 Tbsp White Chocolate DaVincci

Place a casserole pan or baking dish with about 2" of water on the bottom of the oven (this prevents drying out and cracking.)

Preheat oven to 375

In a bowl beat cream cheese sweetener and sour cream until light. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until smooth. Pour into spring form pan that has been lightly buttered. Bake at 375 for 25 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and set out to cool for about 15 minutes. While cheesecake cools combine ingredients for topping and pour over cooked cheesecake smooth over with a spoon. Return to oven. Bake an additional 10 minutes. Turn oven off and let cheesecake cool in oven for about an hour. Transfer to fridge and cool overnight.

*For those who use other sweetners, use the equivelent of about 1/2 cup.

Variation 1: I mixed in 1 package unsweetned carob chips into the filling. For those unafraid of sugar alcohols SF chocoalte chips could work. Might also try chunks of unsweetned chocolate

Variation 2: Use different Flavores of DaVincci and extracts. Try an eggnog Syrup with run extract for a holiday treat.

Variation 3: Mix cocoa or SF pudding into filling for a different taste.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 19:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 150/146/130 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 20%

I made this last night and it is really good! I didn't use the half cup of Splenda because the batter tasted sweet enough to me with just the DaVincci. I think next time I'll add it anyway because the finished product isn't nearly as sweet as the batter was. But it's still Mmmmmm! I think I'll go have a piece of it right now!

Thanks for sharing the recipe with us, LadyBelle!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-16-04, 18:11
Resident Loud Mouth

BF:

I'm trying this tonight as a b-day cake for my mother. Instead of using white chocolate I'm using cream de minth, and replacing a small amount of the vanilla with mint extract. It seems alot runnier then I remember, so I hope it works out. I also put in green coloring (Her b-day is st. Patricks day)
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-16-04, 18:43

Plan: IF & Paleo
Stats: 270/254/150 Female 68 inches
BF:--- too much!
Progress: 13%

This sounds delish! Let us know how it turns out LadyBelle!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Mar-18-04, 17:37
Resident Loud Mouth

BF:

It turned out ok. The mint is subtle which is good. The green food coloring though is dying the kids every time they have some. I think I like the vanilla one with carob better. For some reason it came out kind of soggy. Does anyone know why that is? I'll post the question on the kitchen help forum. Maybe that is how the recipe is and I did something odd last time, or by mixing in the carob chips it dried it somewhat.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Mar-18-04, 17:56
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 173/166/150 Female 5.8" or 1,73 m
BF:
Progress: 30%

that sounds absolutely fantastic. Can you tell me how many servings that yields? I am thinking about making it for a dinner party!

tia
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Mar-27-04, 12:00
Resident Loud Mouth

BF:

I had uhge slices and I think I did 8 servings. Hard to remember. You can make the slices smaller and get 12 I'm sure. Teh origional recipe doesn't have a suggested servings either.

I used an 8 inch spring form pan. You can try experimenting with a 9 inch to make it larger and thinner to see if you can get more servings. I'm not sure how the bake time would be effected, so definetly experiment before party.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Apr-03-04, 14:02

Stats: 165/137/130 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress:

I made this and it is wonderful! Next time I am going to add a couple of drops of Orange extract, or perhaps some orange rind. I think it would also be very nice topped with some berries. Yummy
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-04, 10:44

Stats: 144/117/115 Female 5' 3.5
BF:
Progress: 93%

Hi!
I've decided to make this to take over to the family gathering for Easter. I thought I might use the white chocolate syrup for the filling, and raspberry syrup for the topping, then top with raspberries and whipped cream.
I'm also going to make a crust for it (using the Pecan crust on p. 362 of the Atkins For Life book). I just figure that the non-lc-ers would probably like the crust.
I'll let you know on Monday how it turned out!

Thanks for the recipe!
Peach
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Apr-08-04, 10:45
Staying Put

Plan: Atkins/CarbCycling
Stats: 299/252/180 Female 69"
BF:
Progress: 39%

What's DaVincci??
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Apr-11-04, 17:47
Resident Loud Mouth

BF:

DaVinnci is a wonderful line of splenda sweetened syrups. They are like the coffee syrups you can get at espresso shops. The toasted marshmallow one is amazing in diet swiss miss.

http://www13.netrition.com/cgi/prices.cgi?manu_id=121

Torini is another splenda sweetened one that is good, just doesn't have the variety of flavores. Hastings has a ntoher od dbrand I can't remember that is splenda sweetened.