Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Nov-27-03, 13:33
Registered Member

Plan: PP
Stats: 186/129/125 Female 5'4"
BF:30.5%
Progress: 93%

Hi all,
Just wanted to quickly stop in and wish all of you a Happy Thanksgiving. Seems a long time ago that we celebrated ours here.
I was going to take out a roasting chicken to thaw last night (never even thought about Thanksgiving) and forgot.
So we had skinless chicken breasts and thighs instead. Save the roast chicken for another day.
My son, Pete, is currently reading PP book, which rather surprised me. It's good though because he kept asking me questions that I couldn't answer. I know the WHAT, just not the WHY. I did know but it's several months since I read PP.
Wet, icky day here but Pete and I got our walk in before it started raining. Well, it started at exactly the half way mark, but it was only spitting so we didn't get very wet.
We were all set to drive to London (about an hour away) to get Pete's Christmas present. Went out to go and our car wouldn't start! So I guess we weren't meant to go today. I was out and ran errands this morning without trouble.
Enjoy your meal, everyone.
Marjorie
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Nov-27-03, 14:04

Plan: ALOT of salads,veggies ec
Stats: 180/160/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 50%

Thanks Bawdy! The cauliflower turned out good (after i ran it through the processor!) My DS even had a big helping along with some gravy on it! I did go ahead and a indulge with a SMALL piece of pie, I enjoyed every bite!HA No guilt today, but I am going protein for the rest of the day and since we are home I will have time to go for a run on the treadmill tonight!

Marnie, sorry about your car problems!

Ellie, I just wrote down your coffe cake recipe., (Sounds wonderfully tastey!)

Have a great Thanksgiving!!
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Nov-27-03, 14:04

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Bawdy, here is the link:

http://www.locarber.com

Trishz runs this site, it is a co-op so sometimes it takes awhile to get your order. I also buy WPI from there too. It is a bit pricey but worth it.

LOL...I will get my drumstick yet!
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Nov-27-03, 14:06

BF:
Progress:

Oh by the way, the coffee cake recipe came from CarolynF on the lowcarbfriends site. Truly worth the effort.

A big to Elaine, Orang, Marnie, Lissette, Wendy, Dreamer, Kristine, Rebecca, Rob, and Karen!

Hope I didn't forget anyone.
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Nov-27-03, 17:12

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Ellie, one more post!

-------

Know what the problem is with making the stuffing early in the morning and then baking it on the side?

Sometimes you forget to take it out of the fridge and actually bake it.

Oh well, the rest of the dinner was good.
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Nov-27-03, 17:22

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

A quick good evening. Managed a 2 mile walk and stuck to my game plan mealwise. Everything was really good considering I had made some lc dishes! I don't usually eat stuffing so I didn't have Bawdy's problem

Spent the rest of the afternoon (and now the evening) watching football and napping. Traditional T-day, haha.

Just wanted to jump on and wish everyone a great holiday and Hi to Lissette, we missed you!!
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Nov-27-03, 17:37

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 255/230/140 Female 5'6
BF:63%
Progress: 22%

Did ok today

Had the egg/cheese/bacon bake for breakfast.....shrimp/cheese for lunch....and ..for dinner, the ham feast. We had ham, green beans almondine, and they had taters and stuffing ( yes I had a lil stuffing!)

The only "bad" thing I did today was sip a lil Asti Spumanti, and ate some melt away mints I bought them, figuring it would not be an issue......and I end up eating about 10 of them. UGH!! Oh well......I guess overall I did pretty well!

Robin
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Nov-27-03, 19:11

BF:
Progress:

OK...Now I should have my drumstick!! We are going to put up the tree now!!!!!!
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Nov-27-03, 19:24

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orang

Bawdy,
Widh I looked as good as you do in gray hair and glasses. Here's my gray-hair and glasses pic:

Hey where'd you get my before photo?

Black57